The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by flash gunner »

I consider myself from Harlow moved away 10 years ago still have family there. The Stow shopping centre where that poor Polish bloke was killed is a shithole and always has been, I wouldn't walk through there at night.

I had a work mate who 10-15 years ago was beaten up in the Stow, his crime wasn't being Polish..... It was having long hair and a beard, I don't think that bloke was killed last week solely because he is Eastern European it's because he was different it's been going on for years with the feral chav gangs that hang about these little shopping areas in Harlow (there is 3-4). The police aren't interested until it makes headline news then they had a curfew there :roll: and fuck all to do with Brexit those chav cunts wouldn't even know what fucking Brexit is

The above is one of the few reasons I moved away from Harlow when I had kids and why Harlow has such a bad reputation

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
hertsgunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
hertsgunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I am sure they are, but where in my post did I slag the whole town off (in terms of its population) apart from calling it a shithole? In every town/city in this country there are people who have that sort of mindset, but in Harlow having been to the area loads, it's not unreasonable to say there are more of these sorts of people than other parts of Herts/Essex.

Compared with somewhere like St Albans, it's a poor town. In poor towns things like immigration breeds resentment over housing/jobs much more.
Wow I didn't know we had a mastermind amongst us, you've been to the area loads so that makes you an expert, you have your views I have mine let's leave it there.
What does being a mastermind have to do with anything? Let's just get this perfectly clear, a Polish man was killed just going about his daily chores. Yesterday less than 24 hours after a well publicised vigil for this victim 2 further poles where attacked outside a pub in Harlow.

Harlow has long had a reputation before these attacks, don't try and paint a town out to be something that it isn't just because you have "good" mates. It's like Tottenham in Essex.
You really take the piss. It's like Tottenham in Essex. Is there anything that your not an expert on.No Harlow is not like Tottenham lets get this straight keep your sarcastic opinions to yourself cause I will keep digging you out.
Clearly it is judging by the way the locals behave..........
Clearly it isn't.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:I consider myself from Harlow moved away 10 years ago still have family there. The Stow shopping centre where that poor Polish bloke was killed is a shithole and always has been, I wouldn't walk through there at night.

I had a work mate who 10-15 years ago was beaten up in the Stow, his crime wasn't being Polish..... It was having long hair and a beard, I don't think that bloke was killed last week solely because he is Eastern European it's because he was different it's been going on for years with the feral chav gangs that hang about these little shopping areas in Harlow (there is 3-4). The police aren't interested until it makes headline news then they had a curfew there :roll: and fuck all to do with Brexit those chav cunts wouldn't even know what fucking Brexit is

The above is one of the few reasons I moved away from Harlow when I had kids and why Harlow has such a bad reputation
If he was in his 20's with a beard then to be fair he deserved a slap, Flash. :lol:

If he was also wearing a flatcap he deserved a decent shoeing as well. :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:I consider myself from Harlow moved away 10 years ago still have family there. The Stow shopping centre where that poor Polish bloke was killed is a shithole and always has been, I wouldn't walk through there at night.

If he was in his 20's with a beard then to be fair he deserved a slap, Flash. :lol:

If he was also wearing a flatcap he deserved a decent shoeing as well. :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

It's all going so well.
Britain has become “completely lost” post Brexit and can eventually be expected to “plead” for a deal when it realises the weakness of its position at the negotiating table, senior European Commission officials now believe.

While officially pressing for Britain to invoke Article 50 and begin divorce talks, officials in Brussels are taking growing satisfaction in what they believe is paralysis and disarray in Theresa May’s new government, according to internal discussions seen by The Telegraph.

The spectacle of Mrs May rebuking David Davis, the Brexit minister, at Prime Minister's Questions for prematurely revealing the government’s hand was taken as further evidence in Brussels that Downing Street does not have a coherent strategy for Brexit, according to one Commission insider.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... l-top-bru/

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

EU Commission in smug attempted strong-arming shocker......

This carries about as much weight as anything that comes out of Boris Johnson's mouth.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123 wrote:EU Commission in smug attempted strong-arming shocker......

This carries about as much weight as anything that comes out of Boris Johnson's mouth.
The EU owes us absolutely nothing and it is in their best interests to punish us to prevent other idiots from doing the same thing.
The lie direct of the Brexit campaign was that the European Union cost us £350m a week. The bigger lie, which some Leave supporters may even have believed, was that there were no hard choices. We could have it all. Immigration controls, prosperity, access to EU markets, without compliance with EU laws… Whatever we wanted, at no cost at all.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -brexiters

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This being the same European Commission which smugly predicted that a vote to leave would never happen.

You're right - The European Commission's sole interest is the EU (not being accountable to any European or national electorate) and would love to punish the UK. The European Commission is filled with crazed Europhiles (why else would you want to work there) and hence the continuation, expansion and deeper integration of the EU is the be all and end all. Which is a large part of the reason why people across Europe are so disillusioned with the EU, given that the Commission kicks off all legislation.

Unfortunately for them, European leaders will not view things in the same way. There was a huge dichotomy in the immediate aftermath of the referendum between the generally conciliatory tone adopted by national leaders and the aggressive stance taken by entirely unaccountable Commission officials.

Angela Merkel does not want to try and explain to her voters why their manufacturing sector and jobs have taken a massive hit because of EU pettiness - it won't wash. The likes of Poland and Lithuania are acutely aware that billions a year ends up being sent back to those countries from the UK, which is more of a priority for them then dick-measuring.

The U.K. certainly won't get an easy ride, but European Commission officials live inside a sad bubble.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123 wrote:This being the same European Commission which smugly predicted that a vote to leave would never happen.

You're right - The European Commission's sole interest is the EU (not being accountable to any European or national electorate) and would love to punish the UK. The European Commission is filled with crazed Europhiles (why else would you want to work there) and hence the continuation, expansion and deeper integration of the EU is the be all and end all. Which is a large part of the reason why people across Europe are so disillusioned with the EU, given that the Commission kicks off all legislation.

Unfortunately for them, European leaders will not view things in the same way. There was a huge dichotomy in the immediate aftermath of the referendum between the generally conciliatory tone adopted by national leaders and the aggressive stance taken by entirely unaccountable Commission officials.

Angela Merkel does not want to try and explain to her voters why their manufacturing sector and jobs have taken a massive hit because of EU pettiness - it won't wash. The likes of Poland and Lithuania are acutely aware that billions a year ends up being sent back to those countries from the UK, which is more of a priority for them then dick-measuring.

The U.K. certainly won't get an easy ride, but European Commission officials live inside a sad bubble.
If only any of that post was true....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'd actually like to know what the Pro/Anti EU split is across the whole populace of Europe because i have a feeling it is not only some Brits who are disillusioned with the EU.

A rerun of the Austrian Presidential election where the right wing candidate only lost by a few 100,000 votes is worrying, the rise of the Nationalists in France where Marine Le Pen is looking incredibly strong is even more worrying. Add to that reports of strong nationalist voting in other parts of Europe regularly but you know lets all keep reading the Guardian's liberal bollocks day in day out and ignore what appears to be an increasingly frustrated European population. :roll:

Just one more thing for the hard of understanding, being worried over job security, health service availability, school places for your kids, lack of housing etc is not racism when it directly effects your local area, go read some Eastern European news outlets and you'll soon realise it's not just Brits who are worried over these things and we haven't even had a small proportion of the influx of refugees/migrants those countries have.

Many of the recent arrivals to our shores have effectively been pushed out of their own countries due to the huge influx and it wont stop because of the EU's inability to deal with it effectively, do any of you genuinely believe for example that all the Syrians who have fled their war torn country to Europe will suddenly want to go back when it is over, christ almighty I wouldn't, why would they?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Perhaps some might decide that having received their safe haven during their troubles that they might feel an obligation to help rebuild their own country and family . Would be nice to think so but I doubt the ones that left have any intention of returning .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chippy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:This being the same European Commission which smugly predicted that a vote to leave would never happen.

:popcorn:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Chippy wrote:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Chippy wrote:

:popcorn: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »