Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Breaking news on SSN.Usmanov has made a $1.3 billion offer to buy Kronkes stake at Arsenal. :barscarf:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nos89

Usmanov bid to buy out Kroenke

Post by Nos89 »

Breaking news on sky. $1..billion to buy out stans 67% share. I actually cheered at the TV. This is huge news.
Looks like he's had enough as well.

Rugby Gooner

Re: Usmanov wants Arsenal

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Could it possibly be a Wenker/Wiggy double out of our club? :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

And I think that he brings David Dein to the table. :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Finally, he's made a move. Great move, fully support it. Get the troops mobilised for kronke out protest.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:Finally, he's made a move. Great move, fully support it. Get the troops mobilised for kronke out protest.
Agreed mate,It's almost Shakespearesc in it's timing and intent.

HARLOW GOONER

Re: Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Alisher in. He gets my vote.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

HARLOW GOONER wrote:Alisher in. He gets my vote.
I am now an AKB,Alisher Knows Best. :D :barscarf:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Apparently the offer was made over two weeks ago but no answer was given. It is thought that means that it is likely that it will be rejected. Hopefully it is just a basic case of gamesmanship and that an improved offer will be made .

I know that a lot of people have doubts about the russian but at least he will put his money where his mouth is. Personally I do not give a toss where his money comes from.

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

What's the betting David Dein tipped of his old mate about the bid and that's why Wenger's been phaffing about announcing if he's staying

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
HARLOW GOONER wrote:Alisher in. He gets my vote.
I am now an AKB,Alisher Knows Best. :D :barscarf:
:lol: :barscarf:

Wenker must be cacking his strides, coz he knows if wiggy fuckks off he is GONE! :lol: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

augie

Post by augie »

jaggygooner wrote:What's the betting David Dein tipped of his old mate about the bid and that's why Wenger's been phaffing about announcing if he's staying

Or it's also possible that usmanov knows that le cock is on his way out and feels that this is the perfect time to take over - it was always going to be hard for any new owner (and I inc kroenke when he took over) to waltz in and fire an extremely popular manager, but now wenker's popularity is disappeared and it would allow any new owner to start with a blank page and surround himself with "his people".

My concern would be if this bid is flat out refused and told that no new bids would be welcome, I fear that usmanov would then sell up and join his former buddy and organize a total buyout at everton. Why would the guy hang around indefinitely knowing that kroenke will never allow him any kind of control or input ? I will stake my life that, IF he ended up with everton, they would be a more successful club than us within 5 seasons.

My hope is that kroenke might be more inclined to sell if wenker is going - I will continue to make the point that kroenke has allowed wenker to spend/waste money as he seen fit, but it has also suited kroenke having a manager that will not make demands of him and is more than happy to be seen as the face of the club. Bringing in another manager would hopefully change the dynamics of the club, and for us that could be a big positive, for an owner it could see a manager come in that will be more inclined to be publicly critical and no owner wants that

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Obviously a political move as he knows Kroenke will reject but is hoping to unsettle things between the fans and our absentee owner, keep the pressure on Alisher, hopefully if Wenger stays and things go t1ts up next season he can come back with a slightly higher offer and release a statement bashing Kroenke etc. really wind things up a notch. :twisted:

Good to see he is serious about buying as well, I warned people 10 years ago that Kroenke was the wrong man, but a lot of idiots (many AKB's, coincidence?!) wanted to buy the self sustaining bs propaganda Ivan and Stan were feeding them, so frustrating we have p1ssed away 10 years and it could be another 3 or 4 before/if we get rid of the yank parasite. :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

cardinal2011 wrote:Apparently the offer was made over two weeks ago but no answer was given. It is thought that means that it is likely that it will be rejected. Hopefully it is just a basic case of gamesmanship and that an improved offer will be made .

I know that a lot of people have doubts about the russian but at least he will put his money where his mouth is. Personally I do not give a toss where his money comes from.

I really do not understand that thought process - surely if kroenke had zero interest in selling, the bid would have been rejected there and then ? :?
Normally when the refusal doesn't come straight away it means that the owner is reading through the terms and conditions before making a decision - kroenke might well up rejecting the bid, but the fact that the offer hasn't yet been rejected is giving me some small semblance of hope

augie

Post by augie »

Wonder how long it will take for the cook and those other clowns at redaction to organize another anti-usmanov march ? :lol: :lol: