Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rich31

Re: Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by rich31 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
In short, if the choice were Wenger out now, or Stan replaced by Usmanov now, then I'd see Stan gone in a heartbeat. Now Armchair, that's not a pro Wenger sentiment at all, it's simply that if Alisher got the Club, we'd be free of Kroenke AND Wenger, within a year. Happy days.
Be nice if this were true, but why is it everyone believes Usmanov will get rid of Wenger within a year?
The evidence is that he probably wouldn't.

Wenger would not last until Xmas under Usmanov - the Russian has been waiting for years to get Arsenal. You don't pay £2 billion for a club rolling around in the Europa league and Wenger will be incapable of getting us back in the top 4

I agree ,i think usmanov has publicly supported wenger so as to not alienate the AKB ..however once in charge he will want success and if wenger stands in the way of that he will be gone.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

One other thing, if Usmanov were to get the Club, Wenger might very well jump ship immediately. He's no fool, he would know that easy street was over and I'm sure that he's very aware that he can't compete with the big boys, regardless of how much he spends. His ego could never withstand being sacked, so he'd make some huge statement about chivalrous football values and financial doping and walk away claiming the moral high ground......a smokescreen to save his arse.

NickF

Post by NickF »

rich31 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
In short, if the choice were Wenger out now, or Stan replaced by Usmanov now, then I'd see Stan gone in a heartbeat. Now Armchair, that's not a pro Wenger sentiment at all, it's simply that if Alisher got the Club, we'd be free of Kroenke AND Wenger, within a year. Happy days.
Be nice if this were true, but why is it everyone believes Usmanov will get rid of Wenger within a year?

Wenger would not last until Xmas under Usmanov - the Russian has been waiting for years to get Arsenal. You don't pay £2 billion for a club rolling around in the Europa league and Wenger will be incapable of getting us back in the top 4

I agree ,i think usmanov has publicly supported wenger so as to not alienate the AKB ..however once in charge he will want success and if wenger stands in the way of that he will be gone.
Quite an assumption to make. At the end of the day, there's nothing I would like to see more than Wenger gone, but I'm afraid I can't see it based on Usmanov's public support of him. But having said that, if the board meeting goes the right way hopefully Wenger may not be a problem any longer.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

NickF wrote:
rich31 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Quite an assumption to make. At the end of the day, there's nothing I would like to see more than Wenger gone, but I'm afraid I can't see it based on Usmanov's public support of him. But having said that, if the board meeting goes the right way hopefully Wenger may not be a problem any longer.

Like I say, it's all speculation, but one assumption we can make, is that Wenger has been under no pressure at all from Kroenke and I am not at all confident that that's about to change.

Yes, it would be fantastic if the board meeting returned the decision that we want, but in the event that Wenger gets a new contract, will you and Armchair be revising your opinion regarding Kroenke ? Not looking to score points here, but a new contract will cast a pretty definitive light on the future under Kroenke....a light that many of us think we can already see, but which remains speculation until that board decision.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

That board meeting is going to be quite something.
Any idea of what day it will be next week ?

The club could make a fortune if they put it on pay per view :D

NickF

Post by NickF »

Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
rich31 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:

Like I say, it's all speculation, but one assumption we can make, is that Wenger has been under no pressure at all from Kroenke and I am not at all confident that that's about to change.

Yes, it would be fantastic if the board meeting returned the decision that we want, but in the event that Wenger gets a new contract, will you and Armchair be revising your opinion regarding Kroenke ? Not looking to score points here, but a new contract will cast a pretty definitive light on the future under Kroenke....a light that many of us think we can already see, but which remains speculation until that board decision.
No, as my opinion on Kroenke is the same as Usmanov. I don't trust either of them and wish neither of them were involved with our club.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

NickF wrote:
rich31 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I agree it is an assumption ,but guesswork/assumption is all we have to go on isnt it? I just do not see why usmanov would spend a billion pounds to oversee the same shit we have witnessed for the last several years.Why would he do that? Just by the sad lack of support for the protests against wenger it is obvious a fair percentage want him in still .Therefore it would be foolish of usmanov to alienate these people (although as far as i am concerned the club would be better off without them) whilst trying to launch a takeover bid...as i said it is all based on guesswork as none of us really know.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
rich31 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

No, as my opinion on Kroenke is the same as Usmanov. I don't trust either of them and wish neither of them were involved with our club.

But Nick, since 2011, there's been nothing to indicate that Kroenke has any interest in on-field success, otherwise Wenger would be long gone. Added to which, his comment about not buying sports teams to win trophies....what a thing for an owner to come out with, says it all really. Anyway, if he renews The Fraud's contract, surely we'll all know beyond doubt, that he has no interest beyond financial issues.

While you may not want either him or Usmanov, given the confirmation of Kroenke's intentions that a new contract for Wenger would provide, why wouldn't you take a gamble on Usmanov ? If we knew the game was up under Kroenke, then what would be to lose ?

I'd absolutely love to see Usmanov take over, because I think he'd be our Abramovich. Only my opinion, but what I know for certain, is that Kroenke won't be.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Retro Gunner wrote:
But Nick, since 2011, there's been nothing to indicate that Kroenke has any interest in on-field success, otherwise Wenger would be long gone. Added to which, his comment about not buying sports teams to win trophies....what a thing for an owner to come out with, says it all really. Anyway, if he renews The Fraud's contract, surely we'll all know beyond doubt, that he has no interest beyond financial issues.

While you may not want either him or Usmanov, given the confirmation of Kroenke's intentions that a new contract for Wenger would provide, why wouldn't you take a gamble on Usmanov ? If we knew the game was up under Kroenke, then what would be to lose ?

I'd absolutely love to see Usmanov take over, because I think he'd be our Abramovich. Only my opinion, but what I know for certain, is that Kroenke won't be.
Spot on. I think Kroenke is reluctant to sack Wenger because he has f*ck all idea who could replace him and knows that because of several years of neglect the whole 'football structure' of the club now needs modernising, well Stan this is what happens when you leave it all to a manager 10 years past his best, I guess you didn't notice though as you were too busy worrying about moving the St Louis Rams to LA and your new £500M ranch?, I'm sure we'll forgive you, no really some Arsenal fans actually might..

:roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

rich31 wrote:
NickF wrote:
I agree it is an assumption ,but guesswork/assumption is all we have to go on isnt it?
Guesswork and assumption are all we have to go on....? Wtf?
How about what he actually said eh? Several times over a period of years? I've posted it on here multiple times.....

But no. Ok. Let's forget the evidence and what he actually says cause somehow people on the Online Gooner know what he's thinking

Also gotta love how supposed Wobs are now saying he should stay. All because Usmanov made a bid that wasn't accepted.
All very strange.

The bottom line is if you want Wenger to stay under Kroenke, under Usmanov or under anyone, for one minute, one month or one year you are Wenger In and a massive #flipflopper

armchair

Post by armchair »

Imagine protesting to get Wenger Out but then changing your mind in the hope that another owner will come in and somewhere down the line they'll fall out and Wenger will get sacked.

I swear I give up.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

armchair wrote:
rich31 wrote:
NickF wrote:
I agree it is an assumption ,but guesswork/assumption is all we have to go on isnt it?
How about what he actually said eh? Several times over a period of years? I've posted it on here multiple times.....

But no. Ok. Let's forget the evidence and what he actually says cause somehow people on the Online Gooner know what he's thinking

Also gotta love how supposed Wobs are now saying he should stay. All because Usmanov made a bid that wasn't accepted.
All very strange.

The bottom line is if you want Wenger to stay under Kroenke, under Usmanov or under anyone, for one minute, one month or one year you are Wenger In and a massive #flipflopper
I fully explained my reasons why i THINK he said that about wenger ...am i not allowed an opinion on what usmanov says and why he said it? ..you seem to think we should take everything usmanov says as gospel regarding wenger ..why?...and yes it is all guesswork/assumption because you do not know more than i know what usmanov really thinks or his reasons for wanting to take over ...you mate need to calm down.Just because you shout the loudest does not mean you want wenger out more than others or that your opinion is more valid

armchair

Post by armchair »

rich31 wrote:
armchair wrote:
rich31 wrote:
NickF wrote:

All very strange.

I fully explained my reasons why i THINK he said that about wenger ...am i not allowed an opinion on what usmanov says and why he said it? ..you seem to think we should take everything usmanov says as gospel regarding wenger ..why?...and yes it is all guesswork/assumption because you do not know more than i know what usmanov really thinks or his reasons for wanting to take over ...you mate need to calm down.Just because you shout the loudest does not mean you want wenger out more than others or that your opinion is more valid
There's nobody "shouting". And everyone's opinions are valid.
I've simply posted actual verified legit quotes on what Usmanov said. You've decided to disregard what he said and claim he wasn't telling the truth. That's all

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Herd wrote:Usmanov is a buddy of Abramovic and the latter goes in Usmanov's box when at the emirates as A doesn't like wearing ties .
GAZPROM who Usmanov owns have a box at Chelsea Usmanov wants his own football Toy to play with .
Spurs arent for sale or west ham so that only leaves us !

Stan isn't selling but you might see his son become CEO if Ivan walks though cos he will want to blood him b4 he starts managing the US franchises.

Might relocate us to Bristol !
Where better for a pair of tits like Stan and le fraud?

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

armchair wrote:
rich31 wrote:
armchair wrote:
rich31 wrote:
NickF wrote:

All very strange.

There's nobody "shouting". And everyone's opinions are valid.
I've simply posted actual verified legit quotes on what Usmanov said. You've decided to disregard what he said and claim he wasn't telling the truth. That's all
He may have been telling the truth at the time or he may not have been. One thing you can be certain with usmanov is he wouldn't fuck about. Wenger would be gone in a heart beat as we all know he can't deliver anymore, these guys do things a certain way and do not tolerate underperformance under any guise. Just look at abramovich and the way he goes about things. You may hate the way he changes managers , but 5 titles in the years since the sociopath last won one shows you it gets results. It keeps the hunger in players, players don't get the chance to take the piss\ put their feet up, it's not change for changes sake. All I see at Arsenal is a piss take by Wenger, the players, the grand plan etc. Years of underperformance being rewarded. FFS.