Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

Post by StuartL »

Eboue-Why? wrote:I'm still walking around with a satisfied smug feeling inside.
Thank you Arsenal
Indeed, but has been posted where was that performance all season when we needed it ?

Walcott looked more tired during the celebrations than he has been after 90mins on the pitch.

laughinggooner2

Post by laughinggooner2 »

Anyone got a link to an arsenal fans fa cup final compilation from around the world?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

StuartL wrote:
Thank you Arsenal
Indeed, but has been posted where was that performance all season when we needed it ?

Walcott looked more tired during the celebrations than he has been after 90mins on the pitch.
I know mate but for a few days even I'm allowing myself reasons to smile and enjoy that performance and result!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Thank you Arsenal

I know mate but for a few days even I'm allowing myself reasons to smile and enjoy that performance and result!
Rightly so! :barscarf: :crest:

Anyone that cannot enjoy winning the FA Cup Final, outclassing outfighting and beating the chav to do so, stopping the same chav geebags from winning a Double, breaking PikeyTerry's and chavRat Fabregas' hearts, and doing it at the vermin's new home, simply has to take a long look at where their life is going... :roll: :|

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

DB10GOONER wrote: Rightly so! :barscarf: :crest:

Anyone that cannot enjoy winning the FA Cup Final, outclassing outfighting and beating the chav to do so, stopping the same chav geebags from winning a Double, breaking PikeyTerry's and chavRat Fabregas' hearts, and doing it at the vermin's new home, simply has to take a long look at where their life is going... :roll: :|
Indeed!
Me and the Mrs didn't watch it 'live', but went to our local team's last away game.
Got back at 5 to Midnight, having had to block our ears on countless occasions when people were discussing the game ( even the Stadium Announcer mentioned it ), and then sat down to watch it at about quarter past 12, having sorted more snacks and drinks.

At half-time the mood - which had been a bit flip-floppy - became very pro-Arsenal, as the obvious Alexis hand-ball had been missed and then seen round the World, and was being commented on. Q more food and drinks! Party!

This is what supporting The Arsenal meant. Fuck what anyone else said about us.
We are The Arsenal. We're better than you, and you, and you!

The Ramsey header was greeted with loud cheers, at about 2 in the morning.
( our neighbours are tolerant - they have to be - I'm bigger than all of them, and my Mrs. has a nasty bite! )

The after-match party was also very loud! A good time was had by all!
A R S E N A L

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Just for balance though, yesterday was one of the worst days ever!
Massively hung-over, a right mess everywhere, and the realisation that Wenger is probably staying.

Saturday Night/Sunday Morning was Fucking Ace though!

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Fucking great result,and we played really well. :barscarf:
I was absolutely steaming,and it was like something out of Fever Pitch,with everyone from my Mum to relatives in Glasgow watching the game. :barscarf:
Just daring to have a beer again after a detox,watching the Premier League Play Off,cheering on Huddersfield because of the Chapman connection. :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Thank you Arsenal

Rightly so! :barscarf: :crest:

Not sure I'd reassess my life plan, not that I have one...but I'm thoroughly enjoying this moment. Actually bought every frigging newspaper on Sunday, apart from the Sun...can't get it where I live. Fabulous days.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Another trophy lifted at Tottenham's ground. :barscarf:
Do keep up Herd old bean, this was posted two pages back.

They will love those red seats won't they ?
Reckon each Champions league home defeat will see them ripped out & the toilets demolished on top.
No mate, they've already done that haven't you seen the photo's shite parp lane is gone!. :lol: :barscarf:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Though this was interesting. Winning FA Cup goals 1979 and 2017. Lifted off Twitter.. .

phpBB [video]

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I'm still buzzing. Still looking at highlights. Still reading stories about the great day.
I was expecting to be totally outclassed by the chavs. The opposite thing happened. Brilliant. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I'm watching BT' s extended highlights programme ( worth it just to hear Hoddle moan & bitch like a girl about the goal, claiming Ramsey had to be interfering )

The actual commentator is awful getting Holding / BFG wrong Ramsey / Monreal wrong and calling for a penalty when Moses dived :? :roll:

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

What a performance Saturday, for the first time in a while the fans were together behind the team and they deservedly came out winners. The club now needs to push on and it would be great if Wenger went out on a high but I am not sure that's going to happen. Spent the Sunday in the scum heartland of Middlesex and was pleasantly surprised to see plenty of Gooners about, fantastic winding the scum up in their own backyard.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

armchair wrote:Though this was interesting. Winning FA Cup goals 1979 and 2017. Lifted off Twitter.. .

phpBB [video]
Good observation....
TBH gave the cup final a miss and had a day at the beach, however I did see the equaliser and the immediate responsive goal and I also likened it to 1979, the timing and the deep cross brought 1979 back again, spooky :shock: