The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:26 pm
markyp wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 pm
I see we are already Sanchez bashing,shame on you lot,the guy has run his socks off for us,given it everything but the club doesn't have the same ambition as him so he wants to leave,i don't see the problem,yes its gutting but a more committed player we haven't see and wont see in years at Arsenal,the blame lies with Wenger not Sanchez
I agree that a lot of the blame should land in Wenkers lap,but don't believe for one second that Sanchez had any loyalty to anything other than his agent,ego,bank account,and dogs.
At the end of the day he couldn't give a fuck about Arsenal,or our fans,and if you believe otherwise you are deluded.
He didn't,"run his socks off for us," he did it for himself and his profile to potential suitors.
He is sadly in the majority now as far as players who use clubs as stepping stones and shop windows.
Wipe the stardust from your eyes and see these mercenaries for what they are.
They do not love our clubs like we do. :banghead:
Agreed 100 per cent

RobG

Post by RobG »

I know it's not confirmed and we will have to wait until it is but that interview with Sky had Goodbye all over it.

Sanchez is the one player we have anyone else would want. That cannot be said of any other including Ozil. If he goes, there is no way we can replace him as no comparable player - if there is one - would come here. Actually I can think of one. Harry Kane. Would Spurs sell him to us :rubchin:

So the new season die is pretty much cast before a ball is kicked. Don't know much about Lacazette but he looks the type of player who could move to Athletico and find another gear, if the Simone inspiration hits home.

He comes here and Wenger's dead hand will barely keep him as he is.

There certainly won't be any changes on the coaching front because the same bozos will be issuing the same edicts in August as they were last year. Yes Bouldy that's you. And Boro Primorac, the mystery man of London N5.

If Sanchez goes, I predict Sixth or even seventh next year.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As predicted by yours truly about 350 pages back, this summer is going to be completely stage managed by the stooges at the club in a vain effort to appease the simpletons, exactly the same as the summer we lost JVP was.

Back then Giroud and Podolski were brought in first before shit for brains handed JVP and the title to Fergie in his last year as manager of manure.

This year Lacazette and Lemar will join before the club will dare offload Sanchez (and most probably next year's league title) to City.

People calling him a mercenary are well wide of the mark in my book. Sanchez was told when he arrived that the club's ambition was to win the league and CL. That's what he was sold by Wanka and Ivan the gimp.

He's leaving a club playing the Spursday Cup and as far away from winning a league title than I can ever remember.

He could make as much money by staying as he will by fucking off but when he's options are going all out for the league and CL under Pep next season or sticking around and floundering against FC Lidl under Le Fraud it's a no brainier what he'll decide.

Next year will be fucking toxic.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Would love to think Lacazette will have same goals record in England as he had in France but the fact he is not classed as one of the top 3 strikers for French national team I fear he is not the improvement we need. UNLESS we can keep Sanchez which seems unlikely now.

I don't suppose there is any chance we could sign Vidal from Bayern? Adding a natural winner to our midfield would be an improvement and might just be enough to convince Sanchez to stay.

Must question if those talking about loyalty truly believe it exists these days. The majority of these players were born and brought up in other countries and only see clubs as an employer and little else. If you were playing for Sevilla a fairly successful team who had paid you well and won a few nice trophies but not the big ones and Real or Barca came in for you offering huge wages and a realistic chance of winning everything....what would you do?

The blame lies with Kroenke/Wenger/Gazidis etc not the player.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's fucking great isn't it. That *word censored* of a manager spent eight months doing all that I know but you don't shit and now his only decent player is giving him a taste of his own medicine. Fucking have that you incompetent fucking *word censored*.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 pm
Mbappe signed yet?
Yes, he has signed for Real Madrid.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:17 pm
As predicted by yours truly about 350 pages back, this summer is going to be completely stage managed by the stooges at the club in a vain effort to appease the simpletons, exactly the same as the summer we lost JVP was.

Back then Giroud and Podolski were brought in first before shit for brains handed JVP and the title to Fergie in his last year as manager of manure.

This year Lacazette and Lemar will join before the club will dare offload Sanchez (and most probably next year's league title) to City.

People calling him a mercenary are well wide of the mark in my book. Sanchez was told when he arrived that the club's ambition was to win the league and CL. That's what he was sold by Wanka and Ivan the gimp.

He's leaving a club playing the Spursday Cup and as far away from winning a league title than I can ever remember.

He could make as much money by staying as he will by fucking off but when he's options are going all out for the league and CL under Pep next season or sticking around and floundering against FC Lidl under Le Fraud it's a no brainier what he'll decide.

Next year will be fucking toxic.
I'm not sure we'll get Lemar which is a shame because he excites me far more than Lacazette. Lacazette is a decent signing if we are keeping Sanchez but as a replacement he is simply not good enough, I'm not as convinced as some that Sanchez will go (this summer) as I think the board must know signing Lacazette wont be enough to appease the fans (or will it..) if Sanchez is then sold, especially to a PL rival, they have said too much in regard to not operating this way anymore, if they go back on this well they fully deserve the s**t storm that will hopefully follow.

I think half the trouble this summer is we are spending so much time trying to fix issues (the one's Wenger will allow to be fixed!) that should have been resolved last year or before in regard to backroom staff, coaching etc. that we are going to potentially miss out in the player market because of this. Deep down I think Ivan thinks Wenger is a c**t but £2.5M+ bonuses means he keeps this to himself and therefore he is also a c**t!.

:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... re-unclear

He is fucking GONE..I'm putting my whole months wages on it first thing tomorrow morning. :cry:

wengeryou utter despicable cuntofawhore moneygrabbing ineptcuntsloppiece of utter shytecunt LIAR! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

This club of ours are so confident in the financial and unquestioning Wenker love fest from the Tourist/hipster demographic,that they are secure in mugging off the Old Skool support. We need to realise that we are surplus to requirements.
We ask too many awkward questions,are not pc enough,and do not empty our pockets into their coffers without question. :banghead:
And quite right too!

This is a business after all, not a football club.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

So, Sanchez goes, and we get Lacazette and Cuadrado as replacements?!?
Arsenal have made contact with Juventus about the prospect of signing Juan Cuadrado.
That is according to Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri, who claims the Gunners are ready to step up their pursuit of the Colombia international.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
markyp wrote:
I see we are already Sanchez bashing,shame on you lot,the guy has run his socks off for us,given it everything but the club doesn't have the same ambition as him so he wants to leave,i don't see the problem,yes its gutting but a more committed player we haven't see and wont see in years at Arsenal,the blame lies with Wenger not Sanchez
I agree that a lot of the blame should land in Wenkers lap,but don't believe for one second that Sanchez had any loyalty to anything other than his agent,ego,bank account,and dogs.
At the end of the day he couldn't give a fuck about Arsenal,or our fans,and if you believe otherwise you are deluded.
He didn't,"run his socks off for us," he did it for himself and his profile to potential suitors.
He is sadly in the majority now as far as players who use clubs as stepping stones and shop windows.
Its very naive to think they have any loyalty, they are just contractors getting the best deal they can at the end of the day

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:01 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
markyp wrote:
Its very naive to think they have any loyalty, they are just contractors getting the best deal they can at the end of the day
But loved watching the guy, he was a great player at Arsenal, the only one really
A lot of his team mates showed no passion or spirit, whats it like watching those fuckers when you are away up north
Absolutely gutted if he goes

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Sanchez was the only player on the pitch in an Arsenal shirt who got people out of their seats when he got the ball..that buzz of anticipation and excitement when a top player runs at a defence or shapes to shoot ...he was the only one capable and willing to provide that over the last 2 seasons for me and for that reason it will be another major fuck up and a sad day if/when he goes......

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

People are having a go at Sanchez for not being loyal?? FFS :banghead:

He's Chilean, it's not Carl Jenkinson we're talking about! Saying Sanchez is disloyal is like saying Walcott or Ramsey are loyal! Get a grip!!

He came to Arsenal on a good contract and he's delivered. He bought Passion, determination, fight, hunger and an awful lot of skill not to mention a winning mentality. Sanchez has delivered, he got people out of their seats, he won matches single handed, like Henry did and like Wrighty did before him. He's carried a very average performing team on many occasions. He's one of the top 5 attacking players in world football and we've been VERY fortunate to have had him in an Arsenal shirt for a while.

Sanchez can see what Arsenal are, they are a big club with a small time management team. Kroenke, Wonga and Gazidis would be fantastic at Southampton with their mediocre ambition, mediocre signings and even more mediocre commercial team, delivering mid table performance. I don't blame Sanchez at all. He is a winner and he won't be wasting his career at a club on a downward spiral with NO HOPE whatsoever of winning anything major. Fuck the cup, any half decent team can win a cup with a bit of luck (and a fortunate draw like we had). Jesus, even Man U won two cups with the shittest United squad for 30 odd years!!

Sanchez has been great for Arsenal.

markyp

Post by markyp »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:29 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
markyp wrote:
Agreed 100 per cent
ffs some of you are never happy,nobody does anything for anybody other than themselves,do you actually go to work because you love your boss??Regardless of Sanchez intentions whilst playing for us nobody can deny he has been epic,the best since Henry,he would stay if the club had his ambition,but to start slagging him off now that he is leaving is just childish,its like that beautiful girlfriend that dumps you,you just go about bad mouthing her because you no longer have her,grow up