Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
worthing_gooner

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by worthing_gooner »

Liverpool have opened talks according to SSN.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 pm
Yeah just saw that. The Ox ain't the brightest if he thinks he is gonna win major trophies at the mousers. :oops: :lol: I know he is a Gerrard groupie and his >squeal swoon< dream is to be felated - oops, sorry - coached by the Great Scouse Diver, but ffs at the chav at least he'd have a chance of bagging a PL winners medal.... even if it has the words "Bought by a cúnt for cúnts" written on it... :D :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:53 pm
Just to summarise/clarify this situation, we condemn the likes of gibbs/Jenkinson/wally etc cos they are prioritizing their hefty wage packets and a comfy existence at the club over moving to kick start their career at another club, but we also think that it is right to condemn the ox for prioritizing his career over staying here for a comfortable lifestyle and for turning down the chavs despite a serious pay rise on offer ?? Please make your minds up ffs, cos we cant have it both ways :roll: :oops: :oops:
Agree with this can't have it both ways we can't slate the manager and then have a go at the players wanting to leave because of him!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:49 pm
augie wrote:
Just to summarise/clarify this situation, we condemn the likes of gibbs/Jenkinson/wally etc cos they are prioritizing their hefty wage packets and a comfy existence at the club over moving to kick start their career at another club, but we also think that it is right to condemn the ox for prioritizing his career over staying here for a comfortable lifestyle and for turning down the chavs despite a serious pay rise on offer ?? Please make your minds up ffs, cos we cant have it both ways :roll: :oops: :oops:
Agree with this can't have it both ways we can't slate the manager and then have a go at the players wanting to leave because of him!
tbh I don't think many on here are having a pop at players for wanting to leave. I think it's more anger that we find ourselves in a situation where any player with a shred of ambition wants out and still Wenger is seen as "the right man for the job". :|

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:49 pm
augie wrote:
Yes we can.

Been doing it for more than 10 years.

:wink:

markyp

Post by markyp »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 pm
Yeah just saw that. The Ox ain't the brightest if he thinks he is gonna win major trophies at the mousers. :oops: :lol: I know he is a Gerrard groupie and his >squeal swoon< dream is to be felated - oops, sorry - coached by the Great Scouse Diver, but ffs at the chav at least he'd have a chance of bagging a PL winners medal.... even if it has the words "Bought by a cúnt for cúnts" written on it... :D :wink:
regardless of what he may or may not win at Liverpool the bottom line is why would any player with an ounce of dignity want to play at Arsenal right now??? the ox is doing the right thing for sure

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

@MelissaReddy_ 8m8 minutes ago
#LFC agree £35m fee with #Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he snubbed #CFC.

EDIT: Ornstein has it at 40m, more money for Wenger's bonus
Last edited by Ziegler1988 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:39 pm
@MelissaReddy_ 8m8 minutes ago
#LFC agree £35m fee with #Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he snubbed #CFC.
Found his level and probably still a bit above it.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

John I'm so far up Wengers arse Cross says the fee is 35m with 5m in add ons ,making it eventually 40m

REB

Post by REB »

40mill , idiot scousers :D

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I gave Ox credit (when I thought he was going to Chelsea), because they have actual ambition, but going to Liverpool is a sideways step at best. At L'pool he will be in another battle for the VT, and will be knocked out by any half decent team they meet in the CL. I know he doesn't want to play for crackpot anymore, but at least go somewhere that he can achieve something in his career.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:

Yep, agree with this. I wish the boy all the best and admire him for being determined to escape Wenger's toxic clutches, even in the face of an apparent £180,000 p wk offer from our lot. He's put his career first and he won't thank Wenger for anything. As Augie says, we castigate players for taking the money and refusing to leave (mind you, who can blame them...it's Wenger's fault for overpaying dross), so we shouldn't be having a dig at the Ox.

Whether he gets a lot of game time or not, I think he'll be taken more seriously and treated with far more respect. Whatever happens, he won't have to wonder why he's playing second fiddle to useless tossers like Ramsey and Walcott.

I hope he haunts the French wanker. A nightmare scenario for Wenger.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Ox might win nothing at Liverpool, but he'll be playing for a great manager who will go all out to win stuff. And a manager who might help him fulfill his potential to become a fantastic player rather than a merely decent one.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Good luck to him and it's such a shame that Wanker disrupted his progress and prevented him from becoming the player he should have been by now. I've always liked him and I'll always remember him being hauled off when running Man Utd ragged five or so years ago. It's sad that he's gone and we still have to endure Wankpot and Wilsurely injured again.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Fucking hell, even by Wenger's mad standards, this takes the biscuit. why would you play the ox at Anfield in the same week you plan to sell him to Liverpool?? :shock: :x :lol:

What a ridiculous and pointless distraction for our players to have :?

Wenger is the biggest self harmer in football. Someone needs to introduce him to the blue whale internet craze. They'd work wonders with a crackpot like wenger :roll: