The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

olgitgooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am
don't forget the madness can still be stopped

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 16691.html

better to admit that you were wrong, rather than dragging the country into disaster
:lol: Funee! :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

better to admit that you were wrong, rather than dragging the country into disaster
still a stupid :censored: then

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Rob i'll give you your due you are single minded in argument, blinkered but single minded :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 am
Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:04 am
Oh and why are Europe insisting on a border in Ireland :?
Fucking idiots!...
Feck if Boris gets in he will build a wall and make the Irish pay for it ! 8)

Can you imagine Trump n Boris together, aliens would realise there is no intelligent life forms on earth !
The EU cite "Free movement" Yet want a border in Ireland! :?
So where's the fucking border around other EU countries to non EU countries? 8)

Honestly it's all bollocks!
Spain will be next asking for a wall around Barcelona!

Oh and BTW, Barcelona creates 20% of Spain's GDP, Merkly and Co must be quaking in their boots, Europe is going back to its beginnings, get real EU!.....
Honestly mate I hope this was a piss take or you have genuinely proved the theory that Brexiters are thick

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:51 pm
Rob i'll give you your due you are single minded in argument, blinkered but single minded :wink:
Ha, nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. Muzz, I would add delusion to some of the crap the brexiteers come out with. It's not even thought out, just like say something that sounds good and hope people believe you. The stuff about our currency a few weeks ago was truly comical, a bit like bungling Boris ever becoming our next PM. If you ever watch Sky News you will see clearly the brains in the family fall with his sister.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm
olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Oh. Ok. I disagree with your opinion. Therefore I am a stupid :censored:

That's rather rude. Not that I'm really bothered. I just think it's a bit sad that you believe so much in this political experiment which believes in total control. All empires fail eventually. Your wonderful EU is actually fucking up economies worldwide. It is anti free trade. It is anti democratic. As a trading bloc it is totally protectionist. Fuck third world economies. Fuck freedom of opinion. Fuck anyone who doesn't love the EU.

It reminds me of NAZIs and Stalinists.
Last edited by olgitgooner on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:07 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Ha, nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. Muzz, I would add delusion to some of the crap the brexiteers come out with. It's not even thought out, just like say something that sounds good and hope people believe you. The stuff about our currency a few weeks ago was truly comical, a bit like bungling Boris ever becoming our next PM. If you ever watch Sky News you will see clearly the brains in the family fall with his sister.
Well done Nutty you totally failed to miss the point, that's the problem with bigots, can't ever see they have become what they accuse others of.

Every single argument you and Rob put forward is based on economical analysis from pro-remain organisations, thats no different from the arguments put forward from the pro-brexit camp. Yet your arguments must be true and everyone who denies them is a simpleton, the number of times others on here have put forward arguments or articles in opposition to your own that you have totally ignored or belittled is startling. Yet i don't think one Brexit voter on here has argued that econmically times will probably be difficult post Brexit.

On the other hand you have both time and time again ducked out of any discussion of the ills of the EU which are non-economic. I seem to remember a few weeks ago you both tried to imply that the EU is not seeking more and more power being centralised to Brussels, this was only a week or so after Junckers State of the Union speech which had covered exactly that, implementation of an EU Army, Election of a full EU President, introduction of an EU finance minister and possible introduction of European Social Security Cards allowing the EU to directly monitor wages across the block and payments being made for tax and national insurance within member states.

So yes you are both blinkered and are flogging a one trick pony to death. You are also both as bigoted as the ultra-nationalist who want Brexit at any cost and this is shown by your constant derision of Brexit voters being 'thick' and 'having no understanding of what they voted for'.

Each person voted for reasons that were based on their view of the EU as a whole, there is no right or wrong in this no matter how much the bigots on both sides want to pretend there is.

Just for the record i know of 3 people who voted remain at my work who have become disillusioned in the last year and would now vote leave if the referendum was run again so it works both ways on both sides, some who voted leave have changed their minds and some who voted remain have also done so.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Chippy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 am
Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:04 am
Oh and why are Europe insisting on a border in Ireland :?
Fucking idiots!...
Feck if Boris gets in he will build a wall and make the Irish pay for it ! 8)

Can you imagine Trump n Boris together, aliens would realise there is no intelligent life forms on earth !
The EU cite "Free movement" Yet want a border in Ireland! :?
So where's the fucking border around other EU countries to non EU countries? 8)

Honestly it's all bollocks!
Spain will be next asking for a wall around Barcelona!

Oh and BTW, Barcelona creates 20% of Spain's GDP, Merkly and Co must be quaking in their boots, Europe is going back to its beginnings, get real EU!.....
Honestly mate I hope this was a piss take or you have genuinely proved the theory that Brexiters are thick
To be honest you are as thick as me when it comes to Politics, leave politics to the politicians and caste your vote accordingly...
The EU reminds me of the constant pain I endure under AW, like a fucking tooth ache that never goes away... :wink: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm
olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Oh. Ok. I disagree with your opinion. Therefore I am a stupid :censored:

That's rather rude. Not that I'm really bothered. I just think it's a bit sad that you believe so much in this political experiment which believes in total control. All empires fail eventually. Your wonderful EU is actually fucking up economies worldwide. It is anti free trade. It is anti democratic. As a trading bloc it is totally protectionist. Fuck third world economies. Fuck freedom of opinion. Fuck anyone who doesn't love the EU.

It reminds me of NAZIs and Stalinists.

my comment wasn't aimed at you personally - it was towards all Brexiters.

but you are missing the point again.
as I have said before I DO NOT LIKE THE EU!
I am merely anti Brexit because given the choice of remaining in the world's largest trading bloc and leaving it then it is obvious - YOU STAY IN IT!
We are much more powerful as a nation inside this corrupt regime than out of it. Once we are outside it then the EU27 will be telling us what to do! that is the only way we will be able to trade with them. That much is obvious by the way the negotiations are going. Fair enough if we were a great manufacturing nation like we were in the past, and had plenty to sell to them but we dont!!

Why can you not get it that the EU will not allow the UK to be better off outside the EU ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:07 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Well done Nutty you totally failed to miss the point, that's the problem with bigots, can't ever see they have become what they accuse others of.

Every single argument you and Rob put forward is based on economical analysis from pro-remain organisations, thats no different from the arguments put forward from the pro-brexit camp. Yet your arguments must be true and everyone who denies them is a simpleton, the number of times others on here have put forward arguments or articles in opposition to your own that you have totally ignored or belittled is startling. Yet i don't think one Brexit voter on here has argued that econmically times will probably be difficult post Brexit.

On the other hand you have both time and time again ducked out of any discussion of the ills of the EU which are non-economic. I seem to remember a few weeks ago you both tried to imply that the EU is not seeking more and more power being centralised to Brussels, this was only a week or so after Junckers State of the Union speech which had covered exactly that, implementation of an EU Army, Election of a full EU President, introduction of an EU finance minister and possible introduction of European Social Security Cards allowing the EU to directly monitor wages across the block and payments being made for tax and national insurance within member states.

So yes you are both blinkered and are flogging a one trick pony to death. You are also both as bigoted as the ultra-nationalist who want Brexit at any cost and this is shown by your constant derision of Brexit voters being 'thick' and 'having no understanding of what they voted for'.

Each person voted for reasons that were based on their view of the EU as a whole, there is no right or wrong in this no matter how much the bigots on both sides want to pretend there is.

Just for the record i know of 3 people who voted remain at my work who have become disillusioned in the last year and would now vote leave if the referendum was run again so it works both ways on both sides, some who voted leave have changed their minds and some who voted remain have also done so.
nothing wrong with arguing for a better economic outlook is there?
the only people who won't be bothered by being worse off financially is the very rich part of this country - I trust you are one of those. Well done you.
the way i see it is looking at the likely post Brexit economic implications remainers KNOW that they are right and leavers HOPE that they are right. :rubchin:

and if you think that whilst the UK remains part of the EU there is going to be an EU army any time soon and that the UK will come under full control of an EU president then you are totally deluded and been reading too much right wing propaganda.
however of course once we are outside the EU then they may very well go ahead and create their own army. not the greatest position for a little island like ours to be in of course...don't forget that one of the main benefits of the EU has been to create peace.
that above all the economic arguments is probably its greatest strength, and why in an increasingly uncertain world, for the UK to leave the EU would be so stupid.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The mood of the country continues to shift

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lass-shift

"if public opinion turns decisively against Brexit, not holding a referendum would tear the country apart. If the Tories pressed on with Brexit after the will of the people had changed, as it became clear what a horrible mess we were getting into, the country would be apoplectic"

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Lets have another referendum..... Its just what we need year after year after year elections :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"if public opinion turns decisively against Brexit

However what if it hasn't and doesn't ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:15 pm
"if public opinion turns decisively against Brexit

However what if it hasn't and doesn't ?