Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by MrT »

Wenger with his trademark smirk right after a humiliating defeat as he's being interviewed.

This result is a blessing, after the inevitable Europa humiliation coming he will have nothing to save his arse.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

MrT wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm
Wenger with his trademark smirk right after a humiliating defeat as he's being interviewed.

This result is a blessing, after the inevitable Europa humiliation coming he will have nothing to save his arse.
Wouldn't bet on it I'm afraid. Milan are 7th in Serie A. If they were in the tougher PL they'd probably be battling it out with Watford and Bournmouth. They're a shadowy of their former self. Odds are well scrape past them.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Monday back to LC training.

Smiles,giggles,laughing,mucking around with eachother [Aw and Nelson],keepy-uppy 3 x only,grabbing eachother..back to normal.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

never bothered watching, put my money on city and let nature take its course.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Absolutely fantastic! Watched the game in the Bow Bells after my boy’s team won 4-1!

I love watching this pathetic version of ‘Arsenal’ lose and even more so when you see that decrepit old *word censored* Wenger start moaning about the schoolboy error goals they concede! In fact my boy’s team wouldn’t even concede them but they’ve only lost once in the 2 years he’s been there!

Anyway please Arsene sign another contract as I love watching this shit fest from afar!!

:barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

It's only a game

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Let's look back at this result at the end of the season.

I maintain that the fluky FA Cup wins in 2014 and 2017 (contract renewal years) played a significant part in allowing him to cling on in spite of all the evidence that we were declining year on year. Others said "nonsense, he would have stayed regardless".

If he does go this summer instead of completing his current two-year contract then I will respectfully suggest I was right. Maybe - just maybe - some of you who were saying "oooh, it's a cup final, let's forget about Wenger and have a great day out" will regret that you found it easier to be seduced into ignoring the bigger picture and saving us more years of purgatory and decline.

Remember this post - and if I am proved wrong (ie he is here next year} feel free to remind me. I'll hold my hands up. But if I'm right, and he does go.....look at yourselves in the mirror and wonder what the hell you were celebrating.

ps - we need a good stuffing in the Europa, of course.

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

Just had to turn over talknonsense! Just totally mugged off an anti Wenger caller, the usual rubbish, can’t compete with city’s money, pep has spent more, what about all of the cups wenger has won blah blah blah! There is definitely an agenda in my view, the media love having Wenger in charge of Arsenal as we give them a laugh and they know that we will never challenge again with that muppet in charge! Gary Neville also optimises this nonsense...careful what you wish for... :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 pm
Let's look back at this result at the end of the season.

I maintain that the fluky FA Cup wins in 2014 and 2017 (contract renewal years) played a significant part in allowing him to cling on in spite of all the evidence that we were declining year on year. Others said "nonsense, he would have stayed regardless".

If he does go this summer instead of completing his current two-year contract then I will respectfully suggest I was right. Maybe - just maybe - some of you who were saying "oooh, it's a cup final, let's forget about Wenger and have a great day out" will regret that you found it easier to be seduced into ignoring the bigger picture and saving us more years of purgatory and decline.

Watch this post - and if I am proved wrong feel free to say so. But if I'm right.....look at yourselves in the mirror and wonder what the hell you were celebrating.
Revisionist bullshit. We were the better team in the 2017 cup final and only someone with a one dimensional but over riding agenda would even try pretend otherwise.

Similarly if you honestly believe losing the league cup is gonna see him sacked you are delusional.

Christ the club is in crisis and we have fans on here that can't see past "look at me - I was right".

Sacked over the league cup.... don't make me fucking laugh.

markyp

Post by markyp »

cameron326 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:03 pm
MrT wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Wouldn't bet on it I'm afraid. Milan are 7th in Serie A. If they were in the tougher PL they'd probably be battling it out with Watford and Bournmouth. They're a shadowy of their former self. Odds are well scrape past them.
ffs the optimism is scary,14 years of shit and people here still think we can turn up when it matters,hands down we will lose

markyp

Post by markyp »

This is our club! wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm
Just had to turn over talknonsense! Just totally mugged off an anti Wenger caller, the usual rubbish, can’t compete with city’s money, pep has spent more, what about all of the cups wenger has won blah blah blah! There is definitely an agenda in my view, the media love having Wenger in charge of Arsenal as we give them a laugh and they know that we will never challenge again with that muppet in charge! Gary Neville also optimises this nonsense...careful what you wish for... :banghead:
how the fuck did wigan win then?? I hope someone pointed this out to the twat?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

flash gunner wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:32 pm
It's only a game
this put it in perspective for me and cheered me right up :barscarf:

it's only a game 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm
flash gunner wrote:
It's only a game

it's only a game 8)
youre welcome 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nothing will change until fans stay away in their thousands week after week. And they won't. So nothing will change until fucking Wenger decides to go.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm
flash gunner wrote:
It's only a game

it's only a game 8)
Fuck it. I'm not even angry anymore. What's the point? What will it achieve?