Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

OneBardGooner

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by OneBardGooner »

The likes of Gazidis etc having been under the thumb of wenger the despot dictator for so long - have now gone the other way - Arteta is not only a lazy ill-informed choice - He will be a Puppet to their plans and demands....

I have waited sooooo long for wenger's departure and now the club totally fuckk us all over again

Anyone who thinks Arteta is a wise choice must be avin a bubble. :cry: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilko49er wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 am
Arteta for Everton. Fat sam for the Hummers. Moyes for Chelski. Conte for us......no wait... i meant :banghead: :censored:
imagine if Enrique went to Everton, Allegri to Chelsea and Ancelotti to West Ham :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilko49er wrote:
Arteta for Everton. Fat sam for the Hummers. Moyes for Chelski. Conte for us......no wait... i meant :banghead: :censored:
:shock:

You know what you just might be onto something there... Can you imagine if Everton swooped in for Arteta and stole him right from under gazidis & J. Kreonke's beaks.....

Oh! WHAT FUN that would be Aaaand think of the humiliation - well they've been doing it to us for long enough - time for some 'pay-back'.

ALLEGRI!!! :barscarf:

There's only One ALLEGRIiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am
wilko49er wrote:
imagine if Enrique went to Everton, Allegri to Chelsea and Ancelotti to West Ham :rubchin:
:? But.. but ... bu ... bu ... that would still mean we end up with Haircut 2000 :cry:

OneBardGooner

Re: Arteta

Post by OneBardGooner »

Imagine the interview questions by Gazidis:

Do you struggle with zips?

"no"

Do you speak 5 Languages?

"no"

Have you ever managed a Premier level team before

"no"

Will you do exactly what we say and when

"yes"

Okay...fella the jobs yours.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am
augie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 am
Big Sam sacked at Everton.......please, please let Arteta get that job. It would be perfect for him.

They arent even linked with him - a club trying to rise up into the top tier of english football is looking for a new manager, but yet is not even slightly interested in a player that gave his best years to the club, and is rumoured to be an outstanding coach (what this rumour is based on I honestly dont know :roll: ). It says everything when a mid-table club like everton feel that arteta isnt a good enough appointment for them, but yet we are on the verge of appointing him as our new manager :oops: :oops: :oops:
I thought that too. Everton would be a perfect job for Arteta an up and coming manager but they arent interested.... Blimey things are bad at Arsenal :banghead:

Maybe they are now negotiating a Swap deal, so that Fat Slug Sam takes over at Arsenal. :?

Cue mass :suicides:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm
wilko49er wrote:
:shock:

You know what you just might be onto something there... Can you imagine if Everton swooped in for Arteta and stole him right from under gazidis & J. Kreonke's beaks.....

Oh! WHAT FUN that would be Aaaand think of the humiliation - well they've been doing it to us for long enough - time for some 'pay-back'.

Adverse P

ALLEGRI!!! :barscarf:

There's only One ALLEGRIiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :barscarf:
Adverse Psychology or whatever the feck its called😉

Herd

Post by Herd »

Contrary to popular thought Arteta is an inspired and carefully planned choice .........for Gazidis that is .
Gazidis has been trying to flex his muscles on the playing sided for many years but has been largely thwarted by Wenger who has simply out manoeuvred him .
Now he has his day in the Sun do you think he would let another manager usurp him ?
All the other so called candidates were merely window dressing, Gazidis wanted Arteta because this is the moment Gazidis has waited for for 7 years and he isn't going to piss on his own chips by getting in someone who might prove difficult to handle .
Comments coming from Viera seem to confirm this they called him up asked if he was interested he said yes and then nothing more was heard apparently .
Arteta is indebted to Gazidis ,it was,Gazidis who signed him on deadline day as Wenger refused to engage with Gazidis after the sales of Nasri and Fabregas so Gazidis stepped up and signed him along with Santos and Mertasacker Yossi on loan and some Korean.
None of these players had a medical because we left everything so late .
But I digress , Gazidis wants someone he can control and in Arteta and Carzola he has his perfect choices ,he knows that Bould and mad Jens are compliant so he has TOTAL control.
He has already co-opted John Cross as a mouthpiece and he will smooth this one through .
This is Ivans day in the Sun and he rightly thinks that almost anyone can get more out of our players than the previous incumbent !
A few Key signings and he might get lucky,if not he just fires Arteta and gets another in !

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

More than likely our lot will panic swoop for Arteta within the next couple of days. Then plastics like me can bin our season tickets...because were doomed i tell ye ....doomed :barscarf: :banghead: :roll: :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Give it ta Giggseh 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the Manchester City fans on their forums seem to think Arteta's possible appointment is quite amusing.

"So we’re that far in front of arsenal that they’re thinking of making our number 3 coach their manager" :oops:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Yup normal business has been resumed where a board run the club/business and the manager does what he is told rather than anything he fucking pleases as per TOF.

If somehow Arteta is a reasonable success then Gazidis is happy that his gamble paid off and if he is a fuck up then he goes the same way that Bruce R did back in the day and more recently Moyes at manure. Arteta is expendable.

More importantly though if Arteta does fuck up that will put immense pressure on Gazidis & Co to get the next replacement right because a second fuck up and everyone is coming for him - and Stan - and that can only be a good thing for the club in the long run. If anything could get the fans united it's got to be the thought of giving the board a good fucking kicking.

A big part of project Arteta is going to be the reaction of the media and how they view him. He will be given a chance but as somebody pointed out he doesn't have the credits in the bank that TOF had. When his decisions are shit he will be called out on them, the old players who do the whole punditry thing will not feel indebted to Arteta cos he didn't change English football by telling them to stop getting pissed all the time and to eat some fruit and veg.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm
the Manchester City fans on their forums seem to think Arteta's possible appointment is quite amusing.

"So we’re that far in front of arsenal that they’re thinking of making our number 3 coach their manager" :oops:
many a true word spoken ..........

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:52 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am
1989 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 am
augie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

Seriously ?? He told messi to move along and you are equating that to him having "a nasty side" ?? FFS have a word with yourself man :roll: :oops: :oops:
The point is he won't let any of the squad walk over him - I'm confident of that.

He wasn't my choice but for fucks sake can we stop moaning and get behind him if it happens. There's no point whinging on and on about it.
This decision was absolutely paramount to the Arsenal moving forward, they had ages to get someone lined up.....Fuck me Arteta is a lazy easy choice IMO
This in Spades - Not only Lazy but Ill-informed in the Extreme.

It reminds me of the appointment of Gareth Southgate as the new Ingerland manager only Worse. :cry: :banghead:
Nah it doesnt get worse than that, Southgate has had two managerial jobs in his career, one was getting a good mid table Boro side relegated and the other was getting knocked out after finishing bottom of the group with an u21 team that got to the semis when he left. At least Arteta is unkown. They knew Southgate was useless and he still got the job.
Last edited by Riotof91 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Why are we still looking at Arteta, fat Sam and moyes are available now, that’s the sort of shit we’ll need next season so why not employ one of them now? 🙄🙄🙄