Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by northbank123 »

Deserves a place in the squad more than many others. Form has plateaued after looking really positive earlier this year, but better than a number of other midfielders going.

Southgate will just pick Dier and Alli regardless of how poor they’ve been - especially the latter.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Deserves a place in the squad more than many others. Form has plateaued after looking really positive earlier this year, but better than a number of other midfielders going.

Southgate will just pick Dier and Alli regardless of how poor they’ve been - especially the latter.
I thought Shelvey has looked half decent too,I don't watch much football but from what I've seen of him he's looked alright,He probably feels a bit cheated too,99% of the England squad are shit or c nts or both,Dier couldn't be any better named and Alli is a despicable diving c unt,lets see how the FA react if he wins a penalty that gets us out the group.At least Wilshere and Shelvey try to go forward

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm glad he hasn't been picked he needs the rest, also it will give him time to reflect.
In the world cup oppositions target temperamental players and jack would be a target and could end up getting sent of and slaughtered for it in the meja.
Watch them go for the Rochdale Diver ,Dele Ali .
I don't see a leader in that team or a natural play maker but I'm glad he hasn't tried to take walking wounded or past it pro's either.
Tournament football needs brains and I don't think Southgate is blessed with the talents required but who knows .
I didn't watch hardly any of the South African WC or Brasil for that matter ,I haven't attended an Engerland game since the Euro semi against the huns in 96 and World cup 90 in Turin against the same huns too !

I'm Arsenal and that's about it and would find it hard cheering Middlesex's finest with a clear conscience !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jack is at that point in his career that Romford was at when Wenger arrived. He needs to do what Romford did - buckle down and work hard at his game and take his career more seriously. Take advantage of the fresh start a new manager offers.

After Ozil he is our best technical player with that bit of guile and vision but he is even more inconsistent than Ozil.

I'd love to see a good manager put a world class DM in there and build the team around Ozil and Jack.

Post by 1989 »

In a squad that has the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Young, Delph, Henderson, etc., I think Jack is unlucky not to be in. He's 10 times more talented than that lot.

Southgate is a two bob mug.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am
In a squad that has the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Young, Delph, Henderson, etc., I think Jack is unlucky not to be in. He's 10 times more talented than that lot.

It is a similar scenario to what we are seeing with our club appointing arteta - southgate is picking (mostly) young players who will be lucky to be selected and will be easier to manage as a result (hence the arteta comparison). There is fcuk all "personalities" in the squad cos southgate has a history of being unable to manage or control those type of players.

If wilshere signs a new contract with us, then I will be delighted that he isnt included in the squad - this is a very poor england squad (probably the worst in my lifetime), and if I was jack I wouldnt want to play for a manager who thinks that the likes of delph, loftus cheek and henderson are better than me, cos it is a ridiculous idea :lol: :lol:

Btw the stupid c.unt (southgate) has just said in his press conference (when asked about dropping hart) that he picked the squad on form - how the fcuk does he select rose and cahill who have barely played in the last 6 months then ?? :? His stand-by keeper is a guy that has been out injured all season ffs :lol: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 am
Jack is at that point in his career that Romford was at when Wenger arrived. He needs to do what Romford did - buckle down and work hard at his game and take his career more seriously. Take advantage of the fresh start a new manager offers.

After Ozil he is our best technical player with that bit of guile and vision but he is even more inconsistent than Ozil.

I'd love to see a good manager put a world class DM in there and build the team around Ozil and Jack.
Totally agree. He can be a great player but his performances in the last couple of months have been poor. Needs to sign the new deal offered and find a way of imposing his talent on a match more regularly. He's better than the others, needs a good pre-season.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

1989 wrote:

I don't remember the exact quote, but;
In his book Ray Parlour tells of when Southgate was promoted from player to manager at Middlesborough. Addressing the squad, Southgate said, "You can call me Boss or Gaffer, but not Gareth" to which the Romford Pele replies, "Is Bignose OK?".

He didn't get picked again.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm
1989 wrote:

I don't remember the exact quote, but;
In his book Ray Parlour tells of when Southgate was promoted from player to manager at Middlesborough. Addressing the squad, Southgate said, "You can call me Boss or Gaffer, but not Gareth" to which the Romford Pele replies, "Is Bignose OK?".

He didn't get picked again.
What a Legend Romford Pele is. I had the good fortune to meet him a few years back, very down to earth likeable guy. Says a lot about Southgate tbh.

The prick that missed the biggest pen in any tournament over the last 30 years and now he's England manager.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If wileshite signs a new contract then the manager who authores it can fuck off before we even play a game!! It will indicate from day one that nothing is going to change!

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:05 pm
If wileshite signs a new contract then the manager who authores it can fuck off before we even play a game!! It will indicate from day one that nothing is going to change!
Stupid typical modern day social media type over reaction of a comment!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I think it is a blessing he has not been selected, and Southgate is no fucking expert of players or clubs, records don't lie,
Crystal Palace
Aston Villa
Middlesbrough
What a shower of shite, oh and the wanker missed his penalty against Germany (Euro96), and the lucky fucker got rewarded with a Pizza Hut advertisement, where they stuck a paper bag on his head, shame it was not polythene then the bastard could have been suffocated!... :cussing:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
goonersid wrote:
Stupid typical modern day social media type over reaction of a comment!
If you like! :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I like Jack a lot but I don't think he deserved to go tbh, he's had one small spell of form in two/three years, he really dipped at the end, not his fault, this is just the club at the moment which is backed up by so many other players getting left at home.

He shouldn't go just because other mids in the squad are not as talented, most of them in that squad apart from Dier, Welbeck and Rose all had better seasons than him, he should be judged in isolation and not potential, he's just not been good enough, that's a harsh reality that he needs to accept and fans shouldn't take it as a swipe at the club and get defensive.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

goonersid wrote:
A lot of these players will be a lot better under a manager who coaches them, gives them more tactical tasks than 'expressing themselves' and motivates them, they've all slipped into the comfort zone under Wenger because there's no accountability.

He's one id keep on the right deal, Wenger has been bad for a lot of these players.