Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 am
I like Jack a lot but I don't think he deserved to go tbh, he's had one small spell of form in two/three years, he really dipped at the end, not his fault, this is just the club at the moment which is backed up by so many other players getting left at home.

He shouldn't go just because other mids in the squad are not as talented, most of them in that squad apart from Dier, Welbeck and Rose all had better seasons than him, he should be judged in isolation and not potential, he's just not been good enough, that's a harsh reality that he needs to accept and fans shouldn't take it as a swipe at the club and get defensive.

Delph has hardly played for citeeh, and when he has it was at left full - how can anyone justify him being in the squad AS A MIDFIELDER ahead of jack ? :? :shock:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Delph played at LB a lot for City when Mendy got injured and did well, imagine he's going as one of those players who can cover a few positions just incase.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don’t think Wilshere would have made a jot of difference. Even if he had a chance. Which he wouldn’t have as Alli and Henderson and probably Dier will start regardless.

I thought he was playing well late 2017 when Wenger refused to play him other than Europa league. I do think that he’s plateaud since then mind and whilst taking Delph is a waste of time because he will never play CB so is essentially 3rd/4th left back cover then I don’t think anybody could make a case that Wilshere has been particularly hard done by.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:05 pm
If wileshite signs a new contract then the manager who authores it can fuck off before we even play a game!! It will indicate from day one that nothing is going to change!
Stupid typical modern day social media type over reaction of a comment!
Agreed but el sid hates anything English though he will tell you he once had an English friend :roll: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:05 pm
If wileshite signs a new contract then the manager who authores it can fuck off before we even play a game!! It will indicate from day one that nothing is going to change!
:?

Yeah let's get rid of one of the few good players that we actually have and watch Elneny be our creative midfielder next season. :roll:

Post by 1989 »

About to extend according to the mirror - 3 year contract with a 12 month option.

One of us.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I wouldn't go down the route of "one of us". According to the media he's been touted by his agent all around Europe, yet only everton and Wolves have been serious options for him. If I was Jack, I'd stay. No other top 6 club would take him in England, Italy, France or Spain.
Sign and stay and become the player he's always showed glimpses of becoming. He had a good few months but faded badly in March/ April.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

3 year deal for a waste of space. Just think we used to have players like David Rocastle who came through the system. Now he was something amazing but Jack is just average at best.
Doesn't say much for our ambition but I guess we don't have any money to buy a replacement so the thinking is he will have to do.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm
I wouldn't go down the route of "one of us". According to the media he's been touted by his agent all around Europe, yet only everton and Wolves have been serious options for him. If I was Jack, I'd stay. No other top 6 club would take him in England, Italy, France or Spain.
Sign and stay and become the player he's always showed glimpses of becoming. He had a good few months but faded badly in March/ April.

Depending on who both clubs appoint as managers in the coming weeks, I think that I would choose everton if I was wilshere - if they appoint silva, I will look at the toffee's as a club that is gonna put a strong push to break into the top 6 (at least) and that are gonna push hard to make big signings in the summer. Even last summer they spent big, and fair enough very few of their signings worked out, but at the same time you can see that the ambition is there to step up a level.
Contrast that with the probable appointment of arteta by our club, and you see a club that is happy to live in the shadows of the big clubs :cry: Any player that does social media (as jack clearly does) will be well aware of the lukewarm/opposition amongst the fans to the arteta appointment, so they will see a club that is still in crisis mode. Lack of ambition from the club with a novice appointment, and apathy from the fans, does not paint a happy place that players will want to join or stay

Step

CESC FOR JACK?

Post by Step »

Having just seen a very lean fit looking Cesc Fabregas on the world cup panel tonight coupled with Jack's recent disparaging social media comments I ask you - Would it be good business to offer Chelski Jack in return for Cesc.?
I know there is an age difference but in temrs of fitness Cesc wins hands down.
Chelski have often shown an interest in Wilshere and have never seemed to warm fully to Cesc (largely due to his ongoing love of Arsenal).

Goog deal or not?

augie

Re: CESC FOR JACK?

Post by augie »

Not for me - I loved cesc as a player and was gutted when the senile french c.unt refused to sign him back from barca, but his best days are gone and we are now (hopefully) going in a different direction

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

neither, jack wont be in emerys plans and if any arsenal fan can be honest with themselves then jack isnt good enough for the arsenal and should move on.

augie

Post by augie »

richie powling wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 am
neither, jack wont be in emerys plans and if any arsenal fan can be honest with themselves then jack isnt good enough for the arsenal and should move on.

That argument would be a lot more valid if we hadnt just awarded a long-term contract to the swiss midfield donkey :roll:

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

delighted that our swiss maestro has signed , best player over the last ten games and i have hopes that once he isnt our defensive midfielder in which wenger kept playing him he will go on to prove himself.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Under Emery we have to clear our heads of preconceptions about players . Under Wenger players were squeezed into positions and made to do things unnatural to their basic game. Emery hopefully will hopefully see things differently and every player has a clean sheet to start with.

The bluster from our directors that Arsenal could live without Champions League football has been exposed , they have gradually lived up to their income and now are realising that they badly need the money to balance the books and maintain the clubs lifestyle.

The thought that this change of direction is an instant panacea and that we will be going for the league immediately is foolish and is probably why Emery has been given three years with a break after two if it's not working. They are giving him this time and so should we , his target is not to win things but to restore the income.