Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm really looking forward to the new season, and a new manager finally, and hopefully with less of the boring poisonous tedious shite that some of our lesser posters have ruined this forum with.... but I have this nagging feeling that as soon as we lose 2 or 3 games on the bounce the usual suspects will be on here dribbling revisionist shite out of them and they'll be joined by a whole crowd of "I told you so" AKB mongs..... fuck me did we always have so many arseholes in our fanbase? :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Welcome to The Arsenal Dick.

Even better is coming on this forum to read so many positive posts by excited posters for a change.
It's been a long time coming. Enjoy.

UTA :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm
I'm really looking forward to the new season, and a new manager finally, and hopefully with less of the boring poisonous tedious shite that some of our lesser posters have ruined this forum with.... but I have this nagging feeling that as soon as we lose 2 or 3 games on the bounce the usual suspects will be on here dribbling revisionist shite out of them and they'll be joined by a whole crowd of "I told you so" AKB mongs..... fuck me did we always have so many arseholes in our fanbase? :lol:
Arseholes out :barscarf: :gayflag: :lol:

Re: Welcome Unai Emery (Dick)

Post by 1989 »

brucers wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am
'Unai to the Arsenal' as a song might go.

Good appointment given our limited funds offering. Hear he improves players.....plenty of scope there. Could have the effect of minimising need for new players. Many of our current squad under performed with Wenger and seemed good players at their previous clubs.

I like that he is the same age as Potty at Spurs but with more trophies to his name!

He will improve us if his record continues...a definite step forward.

Hardly a feat is it..."Potty's" career trophy haul is exactly the total sum of fuck all.

The Arsenal Way

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm
Arseholes out :barscarf: :gayflag: :lol:
Not for Dick, surely? Not on this forum

augie

Re: Welcome Unai Emery (Dick)

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 am
Confirmed on ssn :barscarf:
Already a thread EwokTard. Merged. :censored:

It was only a matter of time :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

He’s the spit of the butler in Mr Deeds.

Wish I could work the image function on this to show

Post by 1989 »

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm
That’s him :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

"Unai has an outstanding track record of success throughout his career, has developed some of the best young talent in Europe and plays an exciting, progressive style of football that fits Arsenal perfectly," Gazidis added.

"His hard-working and passionate approach and his sense of values on and off the pitch make him the ideal person to take us forward."

:barscarf:

so he won't be spending his summers on paid TV gigs ? :rubchin:

Post by 1989 »

Gazidis just stated that Emery was interviewed on May 10.

Press conference underway now.

augie

Post by augie »

Kudo's to him cos he is trying to communicate as best he can in English, but bless him he really is struggling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He's Head Coach !

He has some English he;s ok for me !

The Arsenal Way

Does Dick end his conference with,

"now the hard work starts to get this club back to greatness after years of decline"?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Who said Emery can’t speak English, his command of the English language is better than some of the swamp dwellers in N17. He will be fluent in a few months.

Just watching the press conference now, have to say not been this excited about Arsenal for years.