Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Welcome Unai Emery (Dick)

Post by OneBardGooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 pm
brucers wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am
'Unai to the Arsenal' as a song might go.

Good appointment given our limited funds offering. Hear he improves players.....plenty of scope there. Could have the effect of minimising need for new players. Many of our current squad under performed with Wenger and seemed good players at their previous clubs.

I like that he is the same age as Potty at Spurs but with more trophies to his name!

He will improve us if his record continues...a definite step forward.

Hardly a feat is it..."Potty's" career trophy haul is exactly the total sum of fuck all.
JEEEEZZZUSSS! Iam so hyped up for the first game against the scum and their Fat Twatt Nonce manager next season !!! :box: :box: :box: :barscarf:

northbank123

Re: Unai Emery

Post by northbank123 »

The bloke looks more like he fits the bill each day that goes by.

Not guaranteed to be a success (nobody is) but the man surely doesn’t look like he’ll die wondering. A passionate and meticulous bloke who demands high standards in terms of intensity.

How could anybody want a managerial no-mark like Arteta? Would be interested to know who else the club interviewed. Not a Gazidis fan but liked how he categorically mugged off journos for printing bollocks.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:40 pm
The bloke looks more like he fits the bill each day that goes by.

Not guaranteed to be a success (nobody is) but the man surely doesn’t look like he’ll die wondering. A passionate and meticulous bloke who demands high standards in terms of intensity.

How could anybody want a managerial no-mark like Arteta? Would be interested to know who else the club interviewed.
Not a Gazidis fan but liked how he categorically mugged off journos for printing bollocks.
agree 100%.
John 'stupid ignorant ITK Wenger ass licker' Cross especially got his stupid ass kicked.
Journalist for the Beano is his level.
Gazidis is still a uber crunt, make no mistake, but outing shister journos is always welcome

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest chuffed as i am with the appointment i really dont know what to expect next season, our lot can very very good when they want but can be woeful at times too.

From what he's said he's more than ready to put a foot up peoples backside that need it and ship out those who wont fit in, i don't think he'll have the ego problem here that he had at PSG because our lot should feel chastened and wary after this season but also because he should have learned from those problems at PSG.

Is it wrong to make top 4 a target for next season (after all the times we've moaned about it) and at least one cup, am i underselling him and the team. With the WC in the summer he wont get a complete closed season with the full team and i think it will take time to iron out the problems he's inherited. I don't expect us to come flying out the blocks next season and it may take time to gel with whatever system he chooses, the hangover from AW will take time to dispel.

It's strange to look forward to a new season with excitement and a little trepidation, the good kind, for a change :barscarf:

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:46 pm
Emery wooooah
Emery wooooah
He comes from sunny Spain
We won it at the Lane

:oops:
He came from Paris France
And now we've got a chance :barscarf:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Sorry if someone has already posted it but....

Arsene = Arsenal

Emery = Emirates

Bit of a coincidence.

Or maybe written in the stars.

For someone who says he can’t speak English, he got his message across pretty well!!

PS Blew my fiver on Big Sam, it seems.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

He’ll definitely last until the new year..presume the marketing team already have the cards printed...

“Emery Christmas to all our supporters..”

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

From what I saw in his interview he looks like a likeable bloke.

Step

Post by Step »

Welcome Dick Emerates.

Hopefully you're not awful and we'll like ya.

Step

Post by Step »

.............. one for the teenagers out there.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Very happy with the appointment of Emery.

I am excited for the first time in 8 years about the start of the season!!! :D

Finally we have a bloke who will demand hard work, preparation, tactically astute and actually COACH the players.

Emery is everything that the old bastard wasn't.

Excited.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Just watched his first official interview for us and I have to say I love how he promises to work his bollocks of with the players.

Worried when he says he'd rather win 5-4 instead of 1-0. :lol:

fatbloater78

Post by fatbloater78 »

Im very optimistic he obviously has a good track record excluding PSG only because any half decent manager should clean up with that team domestically.
The only thing I worry about is what he will have to work with and how much his hands will vs ties with this board in place who now look like they will have alot more control behind the scenes.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It's great not knowing how our season will pan out. Will we have our usual November and March blips? Will we shoot more from outside the box instead of the usual walking it in the net? Will our defenders actually defend? Will we have a DM? Given the predictability of the last 10 years and our gradual demise it's exciting having something different.
I think it's a bit unfair to dismiss his success at PSG. If he can coach the squad to give 100% every game, we're a top 4 squad.
A very decent appointment. Good luck to our new manager.

Post by 1989 »

phpBB [video]

He's like a kid in a candy store. :lol: :barscarf: