Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Europa League (merged thread)

Post by herbert »

ashford gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:44 pm
See flight costs have gone through the roof to Lisbon - do you think the travel club may lay on anything?
Try Tap the Portuguese airline close to £200 return last nigjt and check if sportoptions.com are doing a flight

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:40 am
6 hours and 600 quid to get to Baku; fair play to anyone going
Probably best to wait to go back for the final - although of course it will cost even more then

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:40 am
Last team in our group is vorskla from ukraine
This is very much a "who the fcuk are they" type of draw - I never heard of half the teams in it :? :roll: :roll:
First time we are in a group and I only recognise 1 of the teams we will be playing :D

Lisbon is a great place for the away fans though - one of the best cities to visit in Europe.

Tip if you are going - Make sure you try the custard tarts in down town Belem

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

1989 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:14 am
This competition is fucking shit.
Well you better get used to it because this is where we are now thanks to that wiggy c*nt. Anyone dim enough to waste their money on this sh*t show needs a lobotomy or a medal, depending on which way you look at it..

We better hope Emery can keep up his EL form with us because that's the only way we're getting back in the CL, though I really couldn't give a sh*t either way anymore, it's all a load of b()llocks.

#ModernFootballSucks

20K at the corporate bowl and tumbleweed in club level, oh these heady days.. :roll:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:26 pm
That’s bollocks that Miti can’t travel to Baku.

If they can’t accept players of all Nationalities, they shouldn’t be competing.
Oh how come he can't go?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Armenians are banned from Azerbaijan; Mkhi got an exemption in 2015 for Dortmund but chose not to travel due to safety concerns

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmah ... d-herring/

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree that they shouldn’t allow that country to compete if there is a general travel ban for players from other countries.

Shouldn’t be competing anyway because Azerbaijan isn’t really in Europe.

augie

Post by augie »

I'd say bangbang is looking forward to flying past this slow pikey c.unt in the Europa league games :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... g-13191685

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am
I'd say bangbang is looking forward to flying past this slow pikey c.unt in the Europa league games :barscarf: :barscarf:

"Flying"? He'll be looking forward to strolling by him. :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am

"Flying"? He'll be looking forward to strolling by him. :lol:
:D he's probably still a better option than mustiffy though :oops: then again my 1yr old lad would probably be more commanding in the box than that fannybulge :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

1989 wrote:
The best comment on this thread.

By overloading the Champions League they have knackered any hope of this competition having any credibility. FFS having to parachute losers from another competition into it to try and beef it up is a joke. I'd rather win the Charity Shield than this wa.nk. Now that we are expected to travel 2,500 miles to play 'essentially' non European teams we might as well invite the MLS teams into the competition too. I'd rather go to NY or Miami than Baku.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:05 pm
1989 wrote:

By overloading the Champions League they have knackered any hope of this competition having any credibility. FFS having to parachute losers from another competition into it to try and beef it up is a joke. I'd rather win the Charity Shield than this wa.nk. Now that we are expected to travel 2,500 miles to play 'essentially' non European teams we might as well invite the MLS teams into the competition too. I'd rather go to NY or Miami than Baku.
Within 5-10 years,we'll have MLS teams playing in this shitbag competition.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:55 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

100% this will happen.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

100% this will happen.
I read a piece about 18 months ago when the Chinese started spending hundreds of millions each week and it said that the plan is to get their teams playing in UEFA competitions along with American teams as the travelling isn't too arduous these days and the money on offer for all sides is too good to ignore. China and America need a decent return on the money they've splashed over the years, UEFA want higher tv viewing figures and more advertising opportunities. I reckon they'll start in the Europa League and then after a few years enter the chumps league in the early qualifying rounds.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:49 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

100% this will happen.
I read a piece about 18 months ago when the Chinese started spending hundreds of millions each week and it said that the plan is to get their teams playing in UEFA competitions along with American teams as the travelling isn't too arduous these days and the money on offer for all sides is too good to ignore. China and America need a decent return on the money they've splashed over the years, UEFA want higher tv viewing figures and more advertising opportunities. I reckon they'll start in the Europa League and then after a few years enter the chumps league in the early qualifying rounds.
It will deffo happen. UEFA and their fellow cùnts in FIFA have to keep those merchandise obsessed Asian superfans happy. And the day it happens will be the day football sucks big stinking cheesy dick infected balls. :roll: