OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 pm
Ramsey is an 8 though, and he's at his best playing as an 8 rather than as 10. So would have him in one of the central positions and stick Ozil in the 10 position.

Ramsey is our Jimmy Milner with better scoring ability.

An 8 cant just fcuk off all over the pitch when it suits him though - the 8 position would of course suit ramsey, but it will leave the team extremely vunerable and the team's needs should supercede that of any player

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 pm
1989 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 pm
Ramsey is an 8 though, and he's at his best playing as an 8 rather than as 10. So would have him in one of the central positions and stick Ozil in the 10 position.

Ramsey is our Jimmy Milner with better scoring ability.

An 8 cant just fcuk off all over the pitch when it suits him though - the 8 position would of course suit ramsey, but it will leave the team extremely vunerable and the team's needs should supercede that of any player
That’s my worry. I think Ramsey has to be a box to box midfielder but would people really be happy with him and Torreira in a two man centre mid? Not sure I would.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Good points. For me we would be very defensively exposed with Ozil as the 10 and Ramsey as the 8. With the ball it would work well it's when we don't have hhe ball I'd worry. Can Dick coach that work rate into Ozil (highly unlikely) and discipline into Ramsey (possibly).....

One thing though Guendouzi and Torriera have to start every game when fit.

Post by 1989 »

-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:57 am
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----
In those positions (if he could coach the discipline into Ramsey) that could in theory be a devastating attacking force.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 am
1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----
In those positions (if he could coach the discipline into Ramsey) that could in theory be a devastating attacking force.

The joke page is in the cannonballs section buddy :wink: :lol: :lol:

After spending years doing whatever the fcuk he liked, there is zero chance of ramsey conforming to a positionally disciplined midfielder, and tbh that team may as well have left that position vacant as pudding ramsey in it :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----

That would be my selection as well (with Lichsteiner for Bellend). Give it a couple of months to bed in and then we'd all know if Ramsey and Ozil can deliver.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 am
1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----

The joke page is in the cannonballs section buddy :wink: :lol: :lol:

After spending years doing whatever the fcuk he liked, there is zero chance of ramsey conforming to a positionally disciplined midfielder, and tbh that team may as well have left that position vacant as pudding ramsey in it :roll:
I'm not a fan of Ramsey by any means (NB123 will tell you that :wink: ) but Ramsey does play in a more disciplined and effective way for Wales..... or at least used to under Coleman. No idea what he's like under the Incest Fiend.

Post by 1989 »

I think Ramsey would do well in that position and it's not far fetched to suggest that he could be trained into becoming more positionally disciplined. Remember, we're not managed by the old fraud anymore. We've got a serious coach in charge now who demands discipline from all his players.

If for whatever reason Ramsey doesn't work in there, could always stick AMN there instead when he's back fit.

As good as that formation looks however, sadly our defense will always let us down anyway. I'm sure Laca and Auba will score shedloads this season but our back 5 will make sure their efforts count for nothing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:50 pm
I think Ramsey would do well in that position and it's not far fetched to suggest that he could be trained into becoming more positionally disciplined. Remember, we're not managed by the old fraud anymore. We've got a serious coach in charge now who demands discipline from all his players.

If for whatever reason Ramsey doesn't work in there, could always stick AMN there instead when he's back fit.

As good as that formation looks however, sadly our defense will always let us down anyway. I'm sure Laca and Auba will score shedloads this season but our back 5 will make sure their efforts count for nothing.
It's at least worth trying to coach Ramsey into that role I think.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

1989 wrote:

Yeah, we have a few centerbacks, surely they are not all shite, we must be able to find two that can play at an okay level, use the new fella at RB, it has to be coaching plus the mentality of wingbacks and DM as a whole that cause it. Holding for example looks okay as a player, the greek fella looks okay, loads of teams don't have world class defenders individually but can defend well.

I feel like we have some defenders and some midfelders who seem to run in random directions :oops: :shock: , rather than a DM and back 5 operating as a unit, maybe if we could sort that out on the training pitch it may get better :? :(

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:

That would be my preference by a distance

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----
Get Ramsey right and that is a good team, especially if we can utilise Bellerin’s pace and get a good left back to give us a bit more offering out wide given the lack of obvious width in that midfield.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 pm
1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----
Get Ramsey right and that is a good team, especially if we can utilise Bellerin’s pace and get a good left back to give us a bit more offering out wide given the lack of obvious width in that midfield.
That certainly has the potential to work although suddenly introducing Ramsey to the concept of discipline when he can fuck off at the end of the season is not great timing! I like the absence of Xhaka and if the full backs can get the basics right along with the natural cover from Torreira then I can see some progress being made. The front line should take care of itself.

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 pm
1989 wrote:
-------Torreira-------
Ramsey-Guendouzi
---------Özil----------
-----Laca-Auba-----
Kolasinac is good going forward. Named in the bundesliga team of the year in his last year at Shalke after making about 9 assists and scoring 6 goals which was outstanding for a fullback. Hasn't found his best form for us though but I'm still hopeful Dick will get something out of him.

I reckon this would be our best backline when everyone's fit:

-----------------------Leno
Litchtsteiner--Kos--Sokratis--Kolasinac

Hope we sign a new, top class CB in January.