Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Addidas bruised banana shirt

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am
And to think I swapped my original for a load of beer and food with the owner of a supermarket in Ayia Napa back in the early 90s because I'd spent all my holiday dosh and he was a fervent Gooner :D :D :D
Think of it as a Good Deed Steve. :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm
You silly fuckers have heard of "money" right?

:lol: :wink:
Yeah but when you spend the best part of 2 weeks spaced out you tend to be somewhat overly amenable when your supplier suggests the bruised banana as a parting gift. The fucker had plenty of money from his entrepreneurial activities. I don't begrudge him it really, I consider myself a footballing missionary spreading the word of the mighty Arsenal to the new world 8)

We met a couple from Dublin who had flown with Aeroflot via Nicaragua and Cuba which always struck me as a rather unfortunate travel itinerary. Missing seatbelts and people sitting down only seconds before taking off :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah but when you spend the best part of 2 weeks spaced out you tend to be somewhat overly amenable when your supplier suggests the bruised banana as a parting gift. The fucker had plenty of money from his entrepreneurial activities. I don't begrudge him it really, I consider myself a footballing missionary spreading the word of the mighty Arsenal to the new world 8)

We met a couple from Dublin who had flown with Aeroflot via Nicaragua and Cuba which always struck me as a rather unfortunate travel itinerary. Missing seatbelts and people sitting down only seconds before taking off :lol:
Couldnt you have left worn panties? :oops:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

If these are genuine then that away kit is bang on!

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/01/arse ... ed-online/

A new (sort of) bruised banana is born!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 am
If these are genuine then that away kit is bang on!

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/01/arse ... ed-online/

A new (sort of) bruised banana is born!
If they are legit (probably aren't tbh but if they are) then I love the away but am a bit meh about the home.... not fond of the black detailing in the body it looks a bit Notts Forest or manure to my jaded eye..... :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

That was me and my missus!!! :shock:

Nah only fucking with ya. :wink:

My mate's dad flew into Moscow with Aeroflot back in the 90s I think but he told a great story about a skid landing so harsh that a whole aisle of seats sheared their bolts and they ended up with a pile of passengers and seats stacked up against the pilots' cabin door. This was the culmination of a flight where the plane had been drowned in a constant and overwhelming stench of piss and aviation fuel.... :shock: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Happy to report that those adidas kits are fan made concept shirts and not the real deal.

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 am
Happy to report that those adidas kits are fan made concept shirts and not the real deal.
I thought they were.

It is exciting to think what we can accomplish while wearing an Adidas kit. Hopefully, we have one with a golden badge on the sleeve :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not bieng funny but in Jamaica even the chamber maid can sell you high grade sensi ,mind you If I did own a replica shirt I would happlily give it to anyone !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not bieng funny but in Jamaica even the chamber maid can sell you high grade sensi ,mind you If I did own a replica shirt I would happlily give it to anyone !
Yeah that's true but the guy was also doing a little bit of black market currency exchange for us too. Not sure if it's still the same now but back then the locals paid about 18 Jamaican dollars for 1USD whereas the hotels and exhange bureaus were only coughing up about 12. It was quite a nice little money spinner although the chances are it was helping the locals to convert their sale proceeds into a different currency.....think that might be illegal here :lol: ......not sure about over there.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yeah that's true but the guy was also doing a little bit of black market currency exchange for us too. Not sure if it's still the same now but back then the locals paid about 18 Jamaican dollars for 1USD whereas the hotels and exhange bureaus were only coughing up about 12. It was quite a nice little money spinner although the chances are it was helping the locals to convert their sale proceeds into a different currency.....think that might be illegal here :lol: ......not sure about over there.
I was only joshing ya mate but I used to go to Jamaica a lot in the early then late 80's a colleague had an apartment in one of the first developments on Negril which he rarely used so when I lived in NYC I would got down there a lot for free ,and there was a lot of quality sensi at a time where we hadn't seen it in the UK and it blows u away at first .
A lot of the Arsenal boys had family there too so would be able to go into the places where tourists couldn't go but I had to stick to them like glue as it was a very dangerous place .I haven't been since feb 89 and its changed a lot im told. My best pal who lived there most of the year died and I havent wanted to go back since .

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I was cleaning ours my parents house last week and lo and behold what did I find in a plastic bag in the attic?...yes a bruised banana shirt in perfect condition and it still fits 🤣🤣🤣, happy days. Also in the bag were two home shirts, one from 90/91 season and one from the following g season, and last but not least a keepers too from the title winning season as well. God bless my late father for not binning them

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 pm
I was cleaning ours my parents house last week and lo and behold what did I find in a plastic bag in the attic?...yes a bruised banana shirt in perfect condition and it still fits 🤣🤣🤣, happy days. Also in the bag were two home shirts, one from 90/91 season and one from the following g season, and last but not least a keepers too from the title winning season as well. God bless my late father for not binning them
Cool. :barscarf: 8)

rodders999

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by rodders999 »

The new away kit will have a bruised banana theme :barscarf:

Trousers down.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/01/ ... t.html?m=1

That footy headlines site is always bang on about the kits, they leaked every single puma shirt months in advance so I’d be massively confident this is legit.

They’re also reporting that there will be a ‘90s reissue this summer of a yellow and navy shirt but exactly which one is of yet unconfirmed.

Could be the original bruised banana to tie in with the modern revamp or it could be the ‘89 away shirt.

Either way this poster has become extremely fucking moist :barscarf:

augie

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by augie »

I said last night that cech's impending retirement/fcuking off out of our club, is one of the very few positives that I have to look forward to with the club in the future ............ returning to adidas kits is another 8) Since this thread started we have seen several mock/suggested kits with adidas, and I have to say that 95% of them look class to me. There is a belief that men over a certain age should not be still wearing replica jerseys, but I have to admit that I will be ignoring that "rule" when the new adidas kits are released