Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gp543

Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

Post by gp543 »

Hopefully keep it tight in the back, really wouldn't hurt to try and score a goal in the first 20 minutes or so.

1-1 and on to Baku.

begeegs

Re: Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

Post by begeegs »

A different Arsenal turns up for Europa. We will win this and move on to the final. :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Judging by the look on his face after the game, im guessing Auba gave them all a bollocking tonight.

Laca likewise said during the week that we are being let down at the back. A rare criticism from a current player.

My guess is that there was a right barney in that round dressing room tonight. Hopefully that will rouse them into not fucking this up.

I'm going for 2-1 to us.

Then we should cripple hazard in the first ten minutes in baku. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

at the end of the day I would rather see Arsenal in a European final than finish 4th in the PL.

to be honest I have much preferred the last 2 seasons in the Europa than the previous decade of being humiliated in February/March by Barca and Bayern. I am sick of the hype that the CL gets. It is ridiculous - I mean for fuck sake Ajax v Spurs is hardly a game between a couple of top teams. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 pm
at the end of the day I would rather see Arsenal in a European final than finish 4th in the PL.

to be honest I have much preferred the last 2 seasons in the Europa than the previous decade of being humiliated in February/March by Barca and Bayern. I am sick of the hype that the CL gets. It is ridiculous - I mean for fuck sake Ajax v Spurs is hardly a game between a couple of top teams. :roll:
100%. It’s a European semi final, fuck the legacy snobbery from the Be All and End All era. The only English sides to have won a European trophy since we last did 25 years ago are United, Chelsea and Liverpool. Spurs were in this competition for the best part of a decade and can’t remember them getting past the quarters.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This is a Valencia team every bit as bad as us - 5th in their league, 28 points off the leaders....ring any bells?

This truly is a pub competition - it was last season with the exception of Atletico who fell into it freaklishly. I wasn't remotely worried about Napoli, and I'm not by this mob either. We will go through comfortably - winners on the night and overall

We stand more chance winning here than we do at Turf Moor

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Looking forward to seeing Xhaka all at sea, simply by crossing the white line.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:31 am
This is a Valencia team every bit as bad as us - 5th in their league, 28 points off the leaders....ring any bells?

This truly is a pub competition - it was last season with the exception of Atletico who fell into it freaklishly. I wasn't remotely worried about Napoli, and I'm not by this mob either. We will go through comfortably - winners on the night and overall

My sentiments exactly.......if these guys were in the PL they would be bottom half. They are where we are in our league but the PL is tougher....tough for us so it would be as tough for them. We'll win this, or get a draw on the night.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:

My sentiments exactly.......if these guys were in the PL they would be bottom half. They are where we are in our league but the PL is tougher....tough for us so it would be as tough for them. We'll win this, or get a draw on the night.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I was thinking win this then send the pubbers to Burnley....in other words only half the first 11.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

What like Crystal Palace and Southampton you mean :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

They're on a par with us, so more like Brighton :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

does it matter what standard they are ?

after all our recent "success" has been built on beating mighty Hull City and Aston Villa in FA Cup finals. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

They're on a par with us, so more like Brighton :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fair comment :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If. ......... "IF" we somehow manage to win this (ie: Not Bottle It), we would then have to face the chavscum and they have a better team than us.

But, the very thought that if we were to win through and win the Final, with the scousers AND Scum ending up Trophyless this season and we; besides winning actual silverware would also qualify for CL is just Wonderful.

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: