Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

Post by StuartL »

gp543 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 pm
What a performance. The front two were really unstoppable all night. What a comeback for Koscielny after last year's semi where we were thinking his career might be over.

We've beaten far better Chelsea sides in the last two finals we've played them in. Should be in with a very good chance in Baku.

Here's the side I'd play Sunday:

Cech

Jenko, Lichsteiner Mavropanos Bola

Gilmour Willock Sheaf

Amaechi Nketiah John-Jules

Elneny can come off the bench if required. :lol: :lol:
Stick Mick O’Taryian in there too as he is Armenian he is banned from entering

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Plea to the Gods of football. Man City win the league on Sunday. Don’t care who wins the FA Cup really, Victims to beat the Scum (4-0 hopefully) and we beat the Chavs (despite Helmet Head, not because of him and this bollox about a glorious send-off) and it would turn out to be a half-decent season.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm
Plea to the Gods of football. Man City win the league on Sunday. Don’t care who wins the FA Cup really, Victims to beat the Scum (4-0 hopefully) and we beat the Chavs (despite Helmet Head, not because of him and this bollox about a glorious send-off) and it would turn out to be a half-decent season.
It’s got the capacity to turn out decent after all
Or go complete nightmare mode hasn’t it ?

:barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Skooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:21 am
Agreed, cannot understand the negativity. They are very beatable and whilst of course there is a nightmare scenario of losing and then the scum winning, the opposite sees us win a European trophy in the same week they lose a final.

Their defence is dreadful and we've got an excellent strike force. I fancy us to win it.
The negativity? - we've been a shower of sh1t for about 5 years and that was after 10 years of p*ssing around with the 4th place cup to keep the money men happy, we are looking at SPURS in a CL final and possibly the scousers winning the PL on top, then of course we have our total c*ntbag owner who sees us as a cash machine, yes it's nice to get to 'a European final' but is it any wonder it's all doom and gloom.. this does not even come close to making up for all the sh1t this club is putting the fans through.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Any potential upside to our season if we win the ropey for me is trumped by the fear of

Scum in the CL final and might even win it :cry:

The extra income from one season in the CL plays right into wiggy's hands :banghead:

The scum will pocket about £60M for reaching the CL final and another £4m if they do the unthinkable, while we make about £15M for getting to the ropey final and another £4M if we win :shock:

CL total prize money is £2bn............... ropey is £510M :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Feared the worst after going 1 nil down. When we scored that first goal I just thought what an arsenal goal to concede from a keepers kick - sure enough it was an ex-arsenal CB Gabriel making a hash of it!

I’ve never been desperate to buy into comparisons to ex-players like when any leggy black midfielder we had was the new PV4. But fuck me that was like watching Henry in full flow - Aubameyang was just gliding around the pitch looking like he was playing against a bunch of 12 year olds. First goal was world class finish and never had a doubt he would do anything other than rifle the third into the roof of the net.

I’m surprised Chelsea are such heavy favourites. They have taken as many embarrassing thrashings this season as we have, we played them off the park at our place and despite our disappointments we have had a habit all season of putting in our best performances in big games (city and Liverpool away aside). They scraped through against a poor side and needed two goal line clearances in extra time to get to penalties. I fancy us.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Outstanding performance by the team. I was genuinely concerned about our chances but once Auba scored the equaliser I knew we were through. By far an away the most convincing semi-final win, yet its the one that gets the least coverage. Don't mind that. Hopefully all the talk will be about Hazard leaving them in the summer. Phew :barscarf: :barscarf:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Skooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:21 am
Agreed, cannot understand the negativity. They are very beatable and whilst of course there is a nightmare scenario of losing and then the scum winning, the opposite sees us win a European trophy in the same week they lose a final.

Their defence is dreadful and we've got an excellent strike force. I fancy us to win it.
The negativity? - we've been a shower of sh1t for about 5 years and that was after 10 years of p*ssing around with the 4th place cup to keep the money men happy, we are looking at SPURS in a CL final and possibly the scousers winning the PL on top, then of course we have our total c*ntbag owner who sees us as a cash machine, yes it's nice to get to 'a European final' but is it any wonder it's all doom and gloom.. this does not even come close to making up for all the sh1t this club is putting the fans through.
I was specifically referring to our chances in the final. The way some posters have been going on it's a done deal that we'll get hammered in the final (as was the case against Napoli and Valencia). I don't think that is remotely true.

Obviously I understand some of the wider negative stuff around the club as we aren't where we want to be but we might be about to win a European trophy for the first time in 25 years, hardly a complete and utter disaster and potentially a good base to build from.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Go to 10 minutes and the camera shot/view of all the away The Gooners celebrating is Brilliant. :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 pm
phpBB [video]

Go to 10 minutes and the camera shot/view of all the away The Gooners celebrating is Brilliant. :barscarf:
Quite a decent watch that. Absolutely gutted for the disabled kiddie at 12:45 who somehow ended up with Mustafi's shirt - life can be so fucking cruel to some people and then Mustafi's shirt comes along to rub salt in. I'd have thrown it back.