Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

That IS It, I'm done.

Sean

Post by Sean »

After a depressingly familiar limp-dick collapse to our league season, we really needed to win this fucking cup, if only to give us a decent transfer budget this summer. Could we finally add to the 1970 Fairs Cup and the 1994 Cup Winners' Cup? It's a strange mood for this one. The complexion of this season and our chances to improve next season rest on this one match.

Thank fuck that BT Sport were showing this for free on YouTube. It's a farce that we were even playing the final on the fucking Caspian Sea. I wonder if next season's final will be played in Almaty, Kazakhstan. I had hoped that Dick didn't play Cech over Leno. Shit. We needed to win this one much more than the mutinous Chelsea.

It's a shame that Aubameyang put that early chance wide after Kepa punched the ball out. That penalty shout was very marginal; they should have spent longer on that one. Lacazette beat Kepa to the ball. Chelsea were mainly sitting back and socking up pressure from us. Kolasinac driving forward. We were almost caught on the counter, but luckily the ear-cupper was his usual clumsy self with his flicks and tricks backfiring.

Xhaka shot just over the bar. Cech was saved by a Sokratis block to put the ball out for a corner. Chelsea started to pressure us. Cech actually made a save. Hazard was expertly crowded off the ball. Nasty challenge on Lacazette from Emerson, that dirty cúnt. Surprisingly, Cech saved a low shot from the ear-cupper.

Early in the second half, Chelsea catch us on the break, with Monreal taking out Hazard. Then the worst happens; Emerson crosses in for Giroud to head low past Cech. 1-0 down. Fuck!!! At least the show pony restrained himself from celebrating; we know that means a lot, coming from him. Maybe this will finally force us out of first gear.

Chelsea looked more dangerous. Sokratis forced Hazard wide after another attack. Giroud slipped and fell on his arse. Stevie G would be proud. It was like the old days of waiting forever for us to take another fucking shot on the opposition goal.

Chelsea smothered a shot from Torreira then intercepted the ball before it fell to Aubameyang. Then Hazard crosses for Pedro to slot home past that useless helmet head cúnt for 2-0. Game over. Then that fucking youth team pubber fouls Giroud for Hazard to score the penalty for 3-0. Next season is ruined already.

Iwobi scores a screamer to give us a consolation goal. It whipped so much, I thought it deflected off another player. Then Giroud and Hazard go up the other end to make it 4-1. I wonder if Keown still questions why Cech should retire. Helmet head had retired when he signed the contract to join us. Despite all that has happened, I bet Mourinho was laughing his head off to see what happened tonight. A few soft chances were wasted, while they threatened to score even more. It was a humiliation tonight.

It's scandalous that Dick played Cech tonight, even before the knowledge that the helmet head wanker is going to work for the Chavs next season. I wonder if there was a nice little kickback in it for him. Good fucking riddance, you useless bastard.

Chelsea played possum, then destroyed us in the space of 12 minutes. Absolute fucking shite and Dick has undermined his position, though the previous manager left him a hiding to nothing, with an overpaid and unbalanced side. We can only hope and pray that the Scum lose on Saturday.

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Put Lacazette or Aubameyang with actual quality players around and they will be at the top of the pile.
[/quote]

We'll probably find out, when the leave this summer.

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 pm
World class strikers, relegation zone defenders. Nothing more to say.

Pure shit.
Both our strikers are not world class and today they've been fuckin 3rd class
Put Lacazette or Aubameyang with actual quality players around and they will be at the top of the pile.

Stop ffs - there is no excuse for a lack of work and a bad fcuking attitude :censored: :censored: :censored:

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

augie wrote:
Ian M wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 pm
This is a practice match now for the chavs. They could have had another couple easily. Big improvement from Wenger. NOT.

Will they have the balls to sack Emery?

Will they f*ck.

The thing I cant understand with comments like this (and those from sid), is that they totally absolve the players from blame and seem to think that a different manager will make everything better :roll: I said yesterday that dick is nowhere near an elite manager, but these players are nowhere near good enough either in ability or attitude. We will NEVER be a big club again under this ownership and we need to realise that
Very very true - just not sure as Arsenal fans how we cope/adapt/deal with it :(

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Think i might go live on a tiny island without electricity or any internet connection before Saturday...... :rubchin:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

We didn't take a single yellow card. Sums up this club really

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 pm

100% Perry, we had a very favourable run in and 3rd spot was achieveble!
Instead Master tactician Emery chose to pursue, what is a one game shit or bust strategy, similar to mourinho at utd a couple of years ago,!! The difference? Mourinho got it right, whereas Emery has been true to form ! And got it wrong, just as he has for most of this season!
SACK THIS *word censored* NOW
Yes because we can all trust Stan and his corporate w@nkers to make the right choice for the club.. Newcastle just about to be bought out by the UAE and we have a bean counting yank who still thinks FFP is for real (lol).

The only person that needs sacking is Kroenke, Emery, like Wenger, is just an irrelevance.
Spot on....it makes no difference who we get. Wenger destroyed this club in the past decade and Stan will keep us treading water and slowly sinking over the next 5 years. What manager anywhere on this planet is going to come in, take over this absolute shit show, get given 50m to add to it and turn this complete clusterfuck into anything worthwhile? No one!! As long as Stan is there we will NEVER compete for any major trophy again.

Fuck this, I've wasted enough time on this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:47 pm
When it comes down to it it is Kroenke's fault. And by saying that I'm in no way relieving the players and Wenger/Emery of their part in proceedings. But to be a top club these days you need top quality players. And to get those you either wait several painful trophyless decades for a short run of luck with three or four youngsters coming good together .... or you go out and splash shit loads of cash. Kroenke won't do that and he won't slash the 200 million that we need to make us a serious team this summer either when other owners with similar means will. So it is Kroenke's fault - he doesn't want a winning team he wants a winning bank balance.
Exactly but it not even just the money, it's the drive, the interest, the passion, is he even there tonight?, those two clowns (Raul no neck and the corporate yes man) were saying how knowledgeable he is about football, because of the Colorado Rapids (who??), if he is so f*cking knowledgeable then why keep giving SFB new contracts?, he is the 2nd worst type of owner a club can have, the first being someone who asset strips and bankrupts the club, like the guy who was at Portsmouth, so it could be worse.. lol.

I really can't be arsed with this club anymore, rather like wiggy, ironically. If there is a mass scale protest against him I'll be one of the first ones to arrive, other than that the club can drop down to the relegation zone if it means ridding itself of his poison.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That is what the phrase 'a disgrace to the shirt' was made for.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'm with gooner sid, have totally bottled this final, like we bottled the last 5/6 games of the league. Allegri collecting unemployment, cut our losses get him in, you can go on about giving him a chance till he gets his own players in, but I don't see any improvement, we are now a europa league side and will be for the foreseeable future, defence hasn't improved still the same shit mistakes.We hired a europa league manager and he hasn't even delivered that, and blew the chance of us qualifying through the league, when on paper we had the easiest run in we ever had.
People can go on about the mess left over from the last manager, but that's only papering over the cracks, plus add in the fucking yank and we are a midtable team from now on. I'm sick of it

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 pm
Enjoying Willets little cameo so far....hopefully he'll be a tidy player
hopefully starts in place of ozil next year.

what a shit way to end the season.

Kos was at fault for the first goal - not quick enough. and it had to be Giroud ( thanks for that TOF) who at least showed his class in not celebrating.

I hope that whatever deals that dick struck or promises of loyalty that he made to this lot ended today.

hopefully we start with a clean slate come August.

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Imagine what George Graham thought about that defending. As Lee Dixon just said, never mind the individuals, the organisation of them wasn't just poor, it was non-existent. That is a managerial responsibility. And it is basic, page one stuff. Emery is a failure, he hasn't improved a thing over the entire season. He is clearly not up to this level of football.

augie

Post by augie »

Keown has basically said that this club is now back to where they were in the 1980's - nowhere near the top clubs, and a lack of investment will ensure we will stay at this level

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Rian1 wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 pm
World class strikers, relegation zone defenders. Nothing more to say.

Pure shit.
Both our strikers are not world class and today they've been fuckin 3rd class
They both missed sitters tonight especially lacca, if they were truly world class they wouldn't have signed for us.