ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:57 am
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:15 am
Hands up who is excited at this development

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ummer.html

:rubchin: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well it is the Daily Fail so 99% positive it's complete horseshit but if (IF) It's true then my already wavering opinion of Dick might just take another step lower... :| if he is basing his opinion of Zaha on ragdolling shit like Mustafalaugh then we are in real trouble because when Zaha comes up against any half decent defenders he goes missing and resorts to diving. :roll:
Zaha was one of the most exciting players in the prem last season and I know it didnt work out for him at Man u but he is much more mature now and he would be a potent attacking force upgrade for us if he signs,yes we need defenders but if you have the chance to sign a player who is capable of getting bums of seats ,why not?

Dick knows :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Lampard taking over the chavs is laughable.

If he is anything other than a spectacular failure i will be gobsmacked.

Please let him be a spectacular failure. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I thought the reason the whole untied experience went to shit for Zaha was because he got caught hanging out the back of Moysie's daughter (allegedly)? 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:27 pm
I thought the reason the whole untied experience went to shit for Zaha was because he got caught hanging out the back of Moysie's daughter (allegedly)? 8)
Her Back, her front, and wasn't the first to do so (allegedly)Anyhoooo! We need to focus on getting the defence sorted before even thinking about signing the overrated Dwayne Dibley. :banghead:

Signe Tierney, Saliba and Fraser ... THEN maybe look for a winger but NOT Zaha the wankstain. :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:27 pm
Her Back, her front, and wasn't the first to do so (allegedly)Anyhoooo! We need to focus on getting the defence sorted before even thinking about signing the overrated Dwayne Dibley. :banghead:

Signe Tierney, Saliba and Fraser ... THEN maybe look for a winger but NOT Zaha the wankstain. :banghead:
Any daughter of moyes must be a munter,but the man who started the craze of shagging the managers daughter however was the Great Dane himself ,Lord Bendtner who famously pumped and dumped Steve Bruces little lass !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Monreal - They reckon that the club took up the one year extension option to his contract back in January but didn't advertise it. So we still have him and Kolasinac :roll: on the payroll. For me, Kolasinac on £120k pw is as big a travesty as Ozil on his £350k. But the question has to be, how real are we about Tierney....maybe just about as serious as we are about Zaha. This is borderline farce.
Kosnatch came on a free transfer so those wages aren't that bad on today's utterly mental world of football.

And however much he is slated if it wasn't for him in half of our season we wouldn't have scored a goal.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Monreal - They reckon that the club took up the one year extension option to his contract back in January but didn't advertise it. So we still have him and Kolasinac :roll: on the payroll. For me, Kolasinac on £120k pw is as big a travesty as Ozil on his £350k. But the question has to be, how real are we about Tierney....maybe just about as serious as we are about Zaha. This is borderline farce.
Kosnatch came on a free transfer so those wages aren't that bad on today's utterly mental world of football.

And however much he is slated if it wasn't for him in half of our season we wouldn't have scored a goal.

If we'd been paid to take him it would still have been too much - can't defend for shit......so at least he fits in with the rest of the defence.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

If we'd been paid to take him it would still have been too much - can't defend for shit......so at least he fits in with the rest of the defence.
Agreed defensively has not switched on but that is probably down to our coaching, he was however very good going forward for most of the season but faded at the end along with every single one of our players.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Agreed defensively has not switched on but that is probably down to our coaching, he was however very good going forward for most of the season but faded at the end along with every single one of our players.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lord Bendtner who famously pumped and dumped Steve Bruces little lass !
I had to read that twice Herd...... thought it said
Lord Bendtner who famously pumped and dumped Steve Bruces little ass! :lol: :lol:

Nothing little about Bruce’s ass!! :rubchin:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Now hear this ,the transfer Money Go Round has been going at a fairly sedate pace but will in the next few days pick up speed and then prices will do their normal spiral upwards quite quickly .
At this stage Arsenal get very dizzy and fall off whilst others throw the cash around with gay abandon to land their targets .
Our targets price will have increased and yet we will still run around trying to get them for yesterdays money, it's called "Higuaín Syndrome" and it would appear that it wasn't just Gazidis and Wenger who were sufferers !
WHen a shit defender Like Maguire attracts a bid of 70 mill and then its reject u know it's gone Pete Tong !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I get the impression we're going to have a 'well we tried' window :rubchin:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

There was a time far far away in another galaxy when i used to enjoy all the speculation during the transfer windows. But that was when we, as a football club, had a bit of clout and went about our business in a professional manner.

We continue to drag our feet over every possible deal as if Wenger and Gazidis were still pulling the strings at the club.

It's death by a thousand cuts.

augie

Post by augie »

Six months ago I was pleading for the club to take advantage of his release clause

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ews-latest

Maybe now I am sitting on the fence as regards being in favour of this deal or not - if the plan is to bring in younger players like Tierney, saliba etc. then I would rather we didn't sign alderweld because whatever plan we go with, it has to be a clear plan and not skipping from one plan to the other. I still think that he is a cracking centre half, and our need for a centre half now is well known, so I would rather sign alderweld now than sign saliba and send him back to france for another 12 months

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN did a featute on Alderweireld yesterday and at £25M we would be utterly stupid if we didn't have a think about him. He and Tierney would strengthen the defence considerably and to pick them both up for the fabled £45M would be a no brainer imo.