Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by rodders999 »

What the fuck is this all about :shock:
Statement from Arsenal

Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.

We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.

We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time

Bradywasking

Re: Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by Bradywasking »

Just going to post that...I would be saying bye bye Laurent rather than trying to resolve it...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just going to post that...I would be saying bye bye Laurent rather than trying to resolve it...

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

this club has become an absolute shambles.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am
this club has become an absolute shambles.
Yes and so un-Arsenal to have this in the public domain..

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

get rid of the *word censored*

never liked him

Mr Eboue

Post by Mr Eboue »

Bordeaux want to give him a 3 year contract. At his age and with only 12 months left, you can see why he might be tempted by that security. We don't exactly have a great track record of offering 30+players long contracts.

Bit shitty that it's all out in the public domain, but that's modern footballers. 9 years of service to the club. 33 years old, 90k a week. I'd say let him go, but I have no faith in getting someone to replace him. (Dick probably doesn't either, so wants to keep him)

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Read somewhere recently that he wants a move back to France on a free so he can negotiate his own contract. The club, however, (and not surprisingly given our financial state) want a fee for him.

Downing tools is becoming the norm these days.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

surely it makes sense to include him in the deal for the lad we are connected to.

then no need to loan the player back

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well after years of the once revered armband at Arsenal Football Club becoming more and more devalued, today it finally reached the gutter.

Why the fuck with one year left isn’t he being moved on anyway? Take the £5-7m for him rather than let yet another player walk out the door for nothing next year. I thought no other player was ever going to be left start the season in the last year of their deal after the shit shows of previous years, yet here we go again.

Get fucking rid of him ASAP.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck off. What a fucking prick. I hope he pisses off to lower league French football where he's always belonged. I've always had the impression with him over the last year that he's got the hump with Emery who might actually expect him to do some work rather than the previous *word censored* who let him get away with murder.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We’re a fucking joke of a club, if the *word censored* plays for us again then thats it!!
I will take my online moaning to another club in a different sport :D :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

He's shite..get him to fuck

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

the captain of Arsenal has downed tools and gone on strike. that's shameful yet nothing surprises me anymore :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

I would have sold him and I have gone on record all summer saying that, but now there is a big part of me that wants the club to refuse to sell him and send him down to the ressies for the next 12 months - there is no way any player should be allowed to do this, but as he is our captain I think there should be some sort of severe punishment for his actions.

Personally I do blame the club a small bit for this situation tho - when a club is desperate, desperate need of centre backs, signs a lad and allows him to stay in france for another year, then it increases the importance of keeping a well past his best kos, because we haven't enough funds to buy 2 centre halves this summer.

That said, if the club have agreed to sell him and this is all about his demands to be let go on a free, then I would ensure that he doesn't kick a ball in a competitive game for at least the next 13 months - if you go son, then it will be on our terms or not at all :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: