Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am
So here is a question for all those that are laying all this on the club, are ye saying that kos is right and we should let him go on a free now ? :?

He may not matter as much anymore for his on pitch performances, but he is still captain and would still be respected in the dressing room, and his behaviour and the clubs reaction to it, will have long term implications make no mistake.

Next season or the season after that we will probably have another scenario like this IF kos wins this war, and most of you will be up in arms and demanding the club refuse to give in - precedent will be there
I'm with you augie. No fucking player should be able to dictate to the club. The pampered soft bitch is paid a fortune to be quite average at football. He should be grateful.

The lame race to blame every evil in the world on the club and the owner is getting fucking silly too. This thread reminds me of some of the stupid shit that used to be posted in relation to Wenger where everything had to be his fault even when it clearly wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. The club have to a certain extent made their own bed here but the biggest cùnt by far on this is Koscielny. :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am
augie wrote:
So here is a question for all those that are laying all this on the club, are ye saying that kos is right and we should let him go on a free now ? :?

He may not matter as much anymore for his on pitch performances, but he is still captain and would still be respected in the dressing room, and his behaviour and the clubs reaction to it, will have long term implications make no mistake.

Next season or the season after that we will probably have another scenario like this IF kos wins this war, and most of you will be up in arms and demanding the club refuse to give in - precedent will be there
I'm with you augie. No fucking player should be able to dictate to the club. The pampered soft bitch is paid a fortune to be quite average at football. He should be grateful.

The lame race to blame every evil in the world on the club and the owner is getting fucking silly too. This thread reminds me of some of the stupid shit that used to be posted in relation to Wenger where everything had to be his fault even when it clearly wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. The club have to a certain extent made their own bed here but the biggest cùnt by far on this is Koscielny. :censored:

I've already said that I'm not giving Kos a pass on this but I just can't help but think that behind the scenes there is more to this than meets the eye. That's why I'm not jumping on the 'Kos the cu.nt' bandwagon. For Kos not to get on a plane seems a pretty big call from him so while at face value that is wrong, I am very interested to see what comes out from Kos' side as to what the club had previously agreed about his return home. I bet there has been a change of heart on our side. I also literally don't care if he stays or goes he's not going to overly affect our season.

What I said about the club, is that we are making this into a bigger issue than we need to by finally giving it the big one over contracts......to Kos. The whole thing could surely have been handled better. This isn't really about us wanting to keep Kos, that's bollox he's past it as far as the PL is concerned and everybody knows that. No the club are levelling their own incompetence in the transfer market at Kos because our owner won't spend any of his cash or allow the club to incur debt to finance player purchases. Not because we want him to stay but because we can't literally afford to let him go.

If Kos had previously agreed his departure with someone at the club (that's if) and the club have pulled a fast one then why would he want to stay at this increasing joke of a club....he's watched the Tierney transfer bid debacle followed by Zaha and he's basically gone nah fuck this for a game of soldiers. Can't say that I really blame him. If the day has finally come that we need to play hardball to keep 34 year olds who can't defend while paying them 90k pw then we're truly fu.cked contract or no contract.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh and that's SSN just breaking that Arsenal have launched internal disciplinary proceedings against Kos. Bastards :cussing:

FREE THE KOS ONE :barscarf:

Oh well on the plus side this will keep the focus off the fact that we don't appear to be signing anyone of note.

Maybe Kos doesn't buy into the Dick Project.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I've already said that I'm not giving Kos a pass on this but I just can't help but think that behind the scenes there is more to this than meets the eye. That's why I'm not jumping on the 'Kos the cu.nt' bandwagon. For Kos not to get on a plane seems a pretty big call from him so while at face value that is wrong, I am very interested to see what comes out from Kos' side as to what the club had previously agreed about his return home. I bet there has been a change of heart on our side. I also literally don't care if he stays or goes he's not going to overly affect our season.

What I said about the club, is that we are making this into a bigger issue than we need to by finally giving it the big one over contracts......to Kos. The whole thing could surely have been handled better. This isn't really about us wanting to keep Kos, that's bollox he's past it as far as the PL is concerned and everybody knows that. No the club are levelling their own incompetence in the transfer market at Kos because our owner won't spend any of his cash or allow the club to incur debt to finance player purchases. Not because we want him to stay but because we can't literally afford to let him go.

If Kos had previously agreed his departure with someone at the club (that's if) and the club have pulled a fast one then why would he want to stay at this increasing joke of a club....he's watched the Tierney transfer bid debacle followed by Zaha and he's basically gone nah fuck this for a game of soldiers. Can't say that I really blame him. If the day has finally come that we need to play hardball to keep 34 year olds who can't defend while paying them 90k pw then we're truly fu.cked contract or no contract.

Because he is being paid somewhere between £90kpw to £120k per week (depending on which story you believe) - really and truly Jock, you can bring whatever other factors you like into this debate, but the reality is that this french pussy is getting paid a kings ransom and is refusing to honour his commitments. No excuses

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

I'm calling it now - I think we'll finish below 7th next season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 pm
And a fucking wiggy thread ffs..... :banghead: :box:

:-P :wink:
Not sure we have a whinging Mods thread yet though :rubchin:
Pretty sure we do have a cùnt thread though.

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:37 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Because he is being paid somewhere between £90kpw to £120k per week (depending on which story you believe) - really and truly Jock, you can bring whatever other factors you like into this debate, but the reality is that this french pussy is getting paid a kings ransom and is refusing to honour his commitments. No excuses

If it's any consolation I'm usually a stickler for law, order, contracts and all that stuff so I am somewhat peturbed by the discovery of a wishy washy liberal lefty 'right on' view emanating from my thoughts. I'm not entirely comfortable with it but that's where I find myself on this one.

I don't trust the club and I really don't give two fucks about Kos anymore. As per sk-gtfo above I agree that we should be concentrating on the future and getting shot of anybody who isn't up for it. However on the subject of contracts under FIFA reg 17 he can legally buy his way out of his contract so there is the ideal solution. Kos put your money where your mouth is and pay the club the £5M to fuck off a season early.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm
Are you drunk ?? :?
Woukld you blame him if he were? How else is one meant to cope with the seemingly imminent collapse of our football club?
We all know Kos was done before this came out. That it has, suggests there is no back up plan to replace him. (Silly me, the one we want won't be playing for us next year as he'll be loaned back)
The only ones who were close to being leaders (Cech or Ramsey) are gone or Kos.
One 18 year old kid and all the dross still there.
Mid table is looking like a good season.
It goes from bad to worse. We are really in the shit this season.

It's funny but when I first heard this my immediate reaction was what a prick.

But having had a bit of a think about it, it really does say more about the club than it does about Kos that we are in such a shit state that we can't allow a 33 year old crock to head home and grab a deal for himself because we can't get our shit together.

We let Wilshire, Ramsey and every other fucker piss off under their own steam or for free but we are now going to make an issue of Kos - it's not a good situation and I'm not giving Kos a pass but perhaps we should be in a place where our plans for defence didn't involve us worrying about keeping a geriatric defender who turns 34 in September. Just a thought.

Agree with you completely. Several before him have been allowed to leave on a free, so why not him who has been at the club as long, if not longer than those same players.
That the club wont let him go tells you everything about our transfer plans ( or lack or them) this summer.
He's not gone about it the right way but the fact the club got in first with their statement suggests they may be getting worried about the backlash from the fans, that is surely coming their way.
It won't take many defeats for the support to turn very quickly.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think we might need calum chambers this season.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am

Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.
Palace, Leicester, Wolves, mid table sides who chucked 9 goals past us. I'm with sk-gtfo.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Why hasn’t he been stripped of the captaincy yet? Fucking joke club.

George Graham, the last manager we had that believed in the captaincy and also the last manager we had that actually had some fucking discipline instilled about the club would have had the armband off him instantly and fucked him out the door.

It’s an absolute disgrace that this fucking prick is still captain of the football club. We’re fucked.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm
Why hasn’t he been stripped of the captaincy yet? Fucking joke club.

George Graham, the last manager we had that believed in the captaincy and also the last manager we had that actually had some fucking discipline instilled about the club would have had the armband off him instantly and fucked him out the door.

It’s an absolute disgrace that this fucking prick is still captain of the football club. We’re fucked.
No mate, it was a disgrace the day he was made captain......never Arsenal captain material in a million years.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm
Are you drunk ?? :?
Woukld you blame him if he were? How else is one meant to cope with the seemingly imminent collapse of our football club?
We all know Kos was done before this came out. That it has, suggests there is no back up plan to replace him. (Silly me, the one we want won't be playing for us next year as he'll be loaned back)
The only ones who were close to being leaders (Cech or Ramsey) are gone or Kos.
One 18 year old kid and all the dross still there.
Mid table is looking like a good season.
It goes from bad to worse. We are really in the shit this season.

It's funny but when I first heard this my immediate reaction was what a prick.

But having had a bit of a think about it, it really does say more about the club than it does about Kos that we are in such a shit state that we can't allow a 33 year old crock to head home and grab a deal for himself because we can't get our shit together.

We let Wilshire, Ramsey and every other fucker piss off under their own steam or for free but we are now going to make an issue of Kos - it's not a good situation and I'm not giving Kos a pass but perhaps we should be in a place where our plans for defence didn't involve us worrying about keeping a geriatric defender who turns 34 in September. Just a thought.

Agree with you completely. Several before him have been allowed to leave on a free, so why not him who has been at the club as long, if not longer than those same players.
That the club wont let him go tells you everything about our transfer plans ( or lack or them) this summer.
He's not gone about it the right way but the fact the club got in first with their statement suggests they may be getting worried about the backlash from the fans, that is surely coming their way.
It won't take many defeats for the support to turn very quickly.

Nobody really comes out of this one smelling of roses. It's just one giant clusterfuck but if it helps to put any kind of focus on wiggy then maybe it's not a bad thing.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

90min.com - HEADLINE Laurent Koscielny: The Reasons Why Arsenal Skipper Is Looking to Leave North London

https://www.90min.com/posts/6409808-lau ... =[arsenal]

Summary of BBC Reporter David Ornstein's thoughts

" However, BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein claims that it is not just a desire to return to his homeland that caused Koscielny's no-show."

"Arsenal have signed just one player so far during the transfer window, the 18-year-old Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli. This has left Koscielny questioning the club's ambition, as they prepare for their third straight year in the Europa League next season. "
The 33-year-old is also said to be frustrated by the way he was rushed back in to action last season following a long-term achilles injury. Koscielny was forced to miss France's triumphant World Cup campaign in 2018 with the issue, but was brought back in to the Arsenal side in December 2018 after a swift recovery."

"Yet he played twice in three days upon his return, a feat that he was asked to do a further five times in the remainder of the season due to Arsenal's lack of defensive options. The experienced defender is believed to feel that this was an unnecessary risk, leading to further friction between himself and the manager."

So Basically Koscielny is Confirming that Arsenal were supposed to get Defenders 1ST in this Transfer window,
Because he held on through injury, becuase we had two FIT YOUTHS in Bellerin & Holding who got CANCELED OUT
He let then Know at the start of the Window & they procrastinated because the Quality Transfer Chief we Brought in Last yr isn;t here this yr.
So we have no new defenders, & Arsenal decide to have Kos suffer at the top level for another season or two,
when clearly he agrees we should move on 7 bring in someone younger to chase all these Yuri Telimans etc, young talent that would threaten the goal mouth season coming.