ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Dunno which online shitfest my lad read this from, but he claims that ornstein claims we are close to signing Dani Alves :shock: Have a short-term need at right back, but on the type of wages he would command, I'm not sure I would go along with signing him

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Dunno which online shitfest my lad read this from, but he claims that ornstein claims we are close to signing Dani Alves :shock: Have a short-term need at right back, but on the type of wages he would command, I'm not sure I would go along with signing him
It was probably a misprint..It's more likely to be the right back at Alaves..and we would probably bid 50 quid :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

£25m bid for Tierney gone in.....almost time for Raul to put it away :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:41 pm
I hope we get him as he's a class player.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 am
rodders999 wrote:
Reckon he would be a good buy if we do get him. One problem area hopefully solved but his track record with injuries is a bit of a concern for someone of his age.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Whether true or not this is going to be Edu's main marketplace and cheapish gems are the order of the day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... remio-edu/

If the scum have hijacked the Saliba deal and the Zaha joke bid is finished then Tierney needs to get done otherwise we become an even bigger joke than we currently are.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonertone wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:27 am
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Reckon he would be a good buy if we do get him. One problem area hopefully solved but his track record with injuries is a bit of a concern for someone of his age.
He has had some issues, had a double hernia operation and played only 9 games last year, that itself not a total blocker, but now with Lennon reporting some further issue, what he's like aint got a clue...but will be against top quality strikers if he signs unlike what Livingstone and St Mirren currently provide
But if he turns out half as good as Lee Dixon or Pat "tasty Goal" Rice, that would do nicely.

Did not agree with the Saliba transfer, we obviously need someone urgently this year, but after Levys intervention i would go all out to get him if only to make the scum pay more....fucking vermin....obsessed with the Arsenal...those fuckers have an inferiority complex

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:49 pm
goonertone wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Apparently ha had some issues, had a double hernia operation and played only 9 games last year, that itself not a total blocker, but now with Lennon reporting some further issue, what he's like aint got a clue...but will be against top quality strikers if he signs unlike what Livingstone and St Mirren currently provide
But if he turns out half as good as Lee Dixon or Pat Rice, that would do nicely.

Did not agree with the Saliba transfer, we obviously need someone urgently this year, but after Levys intervention i would go all out to get him if only to make the scum pay more....fucking vermin....obsessed with the Arsenal...those fuckers have an inferiority complex

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Why does it takes us weeks to go in with another offer, which sounds like is again short of the £25M?. Anyway by this point I've really lost interest, like most things Arsenal it is now as dull as dish water as they say up north.

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

You must be Irish buddy :rubchin: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
goonertone wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
He has had some issues, had a double hernia operation and played only 9 games last year, that itself not a total blocker, but now with Lennon reporting some further issue, what he's like aint got a clue...but will be against top quality strikers if he signs unlike what Livingstone and St Mirren currently provide
But if he turns out half as good as Lee Dixon or Pat "tasty Goal" Rice, that would do nicely.

Are you trying to turn him into a RB :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

J.J who works for Arsenal FC Finance/Banking Dept says the Tierney deal is done. :D :barscarf:

hope so, unless he's doing a wind up. :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:11 pm
Redarmy wrote:
goonertone wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Are you trying to turn him into a RB :lol:
:D Not sure who is worst Bellend or Monreal, know f all about the Celtic lad, but if he comes wish him all the best, good job no one else is interested then

Thinking about left backs would have to be Kenny Samson as one of the best i have seen

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Celtic reject the bid over the structure of installments

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm
Celtic reject the bid over the structure of installments
to be fair, £1/week instalments spread over 25 million weeks was taking the piss a bit :roll: