ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

The other big signing over the line I see :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm
No option to buy apparently,
i find that hard to believe - bearing in mind they gave him the Number eight shirt. something they never do for one off loans.

if he was here for a year, he would have 74 or something i think.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
i find that hard to believe - bearing in mind they gave him the Number eight shirt. something they never do for one off loans.

RM have said no option to buy which it a fucking disgrace that the club have given a one year loan player such an important number at the club

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Welcome Dani,

he's taken the Number 8 shirt. i think this move will be permanent next summer - the kid is friends with Bellerin.
No option to buy apparently, so if he plays well they get him back worth a lot more and if he's a dud well no one wins.

Cheapskate signing, are we supposed to be excited by this?.

Fvck off Josh you slimey prick.

At the mo we have torreira, the dozi, Willock, ozil, maitland-niles and xhaka for those midfield spots, so for me whether this is a loan or permanent signing is no biggie - personally, unless we sell some of the above (and the Armenian pussy) I don't see the point of this signing,
Our season is not gonna depend on the success or failure of this signing, so some of you should just chill and worry about the signings that do actually matter, and whether we are gonna make them

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:47 pm
clockender1 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

RM have said no option to buy which it a fucking disgrace that the club have given a one year loan player such an important number at the club
they might be waiting to avoid a sell on clause ?

I agree, they shouldn't give Wrighty's shirt to just any Herbert who shows up for a season or two.

but just because there is no contractual option, doesn't mean we can't buy him.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:32 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

I agree, they shouldn't give Wrighty's shirt to just any Herbert who shows up for a season or two.

If he's half decent then he'll be off. Barca and RM were both scrapping for his signature before he chose RM.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:32 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

If he's half decent then he'll be off. Barca and RM were both scrapping for his signature before he chose RM.
Exactly this, if he does well for us this season he'll either be back at RM or put up for sale at a considerably higher price, more than likely outside our price range. So we're now potentially going to be some wierd feeder club for the big boys to test out their latest talent :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm
The other big signing over the line I see :roll:
That's us done and dusted for the summer then. :twisted: :roll:

Saliba could turn out to be a great buy but who knows at 18?, look at Yaya Sanogo's goal scoring record at U16-U20 level and what happened for the next 5 years..

The Cebalos deal doesn't really interest me, without an option to buy it just feels like taking the cheap option, people saying we could still buy him are having a laugh?, if he does well they'll want £50M+ for him and we are unlikely to pay that or even if we were it would be in installments for about 10 years and other clubs would just outbid us.

We are not F*CKING Sevilla but KSE think we are.

:censored:
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shu

Post by shu »

I feel very underwhelmed by the signings , ffs buying a CB that needs to go back . No Kos and we still have mustafi.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

shu wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 pm
I feel very underwhelmed by the signings , ffs buying a CB that needs to go back . No Kos and we still have mustafi.
Yeah I think Saliba is a gamble that could pay off, the other guy without an option to buy is meh.

These just feeling like tinkering around the edges when all the hardwork like actually improving the defence NOW and getting rid of deadwood is yet to even start, with like 2 weeks left.

Excited?. :blah:

Midz

Post by Midz »

You can all bet your bottom dollar that all the 'deadwood' will still be turning out come September/August. Arsenal are like rubbish-hoarders, they just can't throw out old crap.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm
You can all bet your bottom dollar that all the 'deadwood' will still be turning out come September/August. Arsenal are like rubbish-hoarders, they just can't throw out old crap.
True - took 10 years to throw out SFB.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm

And who was it that accumulated all that old crap ? The same c.unt that someone on here claimed that they had warmed too again :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

clockender1 wrote:

Welcome Dani,

he's taken the Number 8 shirt. i think this move will be permanent next summer - the kid is friends with Bellerin.
It will only be a permanent move if he has a shit season and RM decide they don't want him back.

If he looks the part, he'll scamper back to RM as fast as his legs can carry him.

We've sent Saliba back to get a years experience at St Etienne, before he joins us proper. RM are sending Ceballos to us to get a years experience.

We are now to RM, what St Etienne are to us. :oops:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:29 pm
clockender1 wrote:

Welcome Dani,

It will only be a permanent move if he has a shit season and RM decide they don't want him back.

If he looks the part, he'll scamper back to RM as fast as his legs can carry him.

We've sent Saliba back to get a years experience at St Etienne, before he joins us proper. RM are sending Ceballos to us to get a years experience.

We are now to RM, what St Etienne are to us. :oops:
Whether he sinks or swims with us he won't be around the following season. In the meantime we're helping RM improve one of their young players whilst holding back the development of one or more of our own promising youngsters.

Meanwhile it's business as usual defensively i.e. no business at all.

The bigwigs at the club like to think that's exactly what they are but in fact the club is being run by amateurs.