ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

I've read that there is £40m permanent deal option after the 1 year loan if Arsenal can afford it. I suppose it allows willock, AMN, ESR the year to develop although the prospect of Cellabos and Guendouzi striking up a midfield partnership will be interesting. Don't understand the fuss over the number 8 shirt. Didn't Baptista have the no.9 shirt for the season he was on loan?

We still need a left sided defender although as I've said before Xhaka seemed more useful when he covered in that position last season than playing in the DM role.

augie

Post by augie »

Everton in for Zaha and have made an offer apparently

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ow-podcast

Right now the best scenario for us would be for Zaha to sign for everton TODAY - we seem to be wasting too much time focusing on buying Zaha when the world and it's mother (except those within our club it seems :roll: ) knows that we cant afford him and knows that palace aint gonna sell him on the cheap :cussing: FFS sign the defenders we need, and then (and only then) IF we have surplus funds buy the winger that you feel we need and can afford (more likely to be the brazilian guy)

Unless there is a twist to come in this saga, zaha seems to have hung himself out to dry - by all accounts he wants to join his boyhood club and he and his brother publicly came out declaring this, so wouldnt you think that they would have at least (a) checked to see if AFC wants him (b) checked to see if we can afford him :roll: From his point of view, he has now made his position untenable with palace so will probably have no choice but to sign for everton or whatever club makes an acceptable bid for him

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 am

Right now the best scenario for us would be for Zaha to sign for everton TODAY - we seem to be wasting too much time focusing on buying Zaha when the world and it's mother (except those within our club it seems :roll: ) knows that we cant afford him and knows that palace aint gonna sell him on the cheap :cussing: FFS sign the defenders we need, and then (and only then) IF we have surplus funds buy the winger that you feel we need and can afford (more likely to be the brazilian guy)

Unless there is a twist to come in this saga, zaha seems to have hung himself out to dry - by all accounts he wants to join his boyhood club and he and his brother publicly came out declaring this, so wouldnt you think that they would have at least (a) checked to see if AFC wants him (b) checked to see if we can afford him :roll: From his point of view, he has now made his position untenable with palace so will probably have no choice but to sign for everton or whatever club makes an acceptable bid for him
augie.
Perhaps option C.
Palace want a bidding war to ensue?
:rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:26 am
augie wrote:

augie.
Perhaps option C.

There is no option C - once we fall down on option B, all other options are irrelevent

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
augie wrote:

augie.
Perhaps option C.

There is no option C - once we fall down on option B, all other options are irrelevent
Perhaps we cannot afford the 80M quoted. Staggered payments of between 45-50M plus players and loanees we could probably manage?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
augie wrote:

augie.
Perhaps option C.

Perhaps we cannot afford the 80M quoted. Staggered payments of between 45-50M plus players and loanees we could probably manage?

We can afford the £80M but the fact is we won't spend that kind of money.

Option C is very much that palace would like a bidding war but basically want stupid money for zaha from anybody who will pay it. I wonder if Everton came in themselves or whether the player's agent gave them a line in the hope that their interest would push us into positive action.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Please please please Everton buy this waste of space and wages drain so that we can concentrate on anything but him.

Thank you.

Let him go to Everton and play plink-plonk with Feo.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Am I missing something crucial on this one or did everyone in football forget Alderweireld and his now expired £25m. I am sitting here thinking why tf didn't anyone (PLUS Arsenal) trigger his release clause. For God's sake he is 30, not 42 and he does the job relatively well.

On this note, I am still yet to digest the fact that the flop diva over at United is closing on an 180m transfer to Madrid. How the fuck can any club justify 180m on that waste of space. At his best he is good, more often than not he is not. His fluke 90m move to United was a tad overpaid and now he's worth double... for exactly what reason?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is anyone "excited" yet?

:?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:

I thought the c.u.n.t wanted to come to Arsenal !?

Another money grabbing whore. I didn't want us to sign the cun.t before and I am even more against us signing him now. :evil:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Arsenal are one of four clubs that have had their bid accepted for Nicolas Pepe alongside Napoli, Inter Milan and Liverpool.
For what it's worth, Joël Domenighetti - the L'Équipe journalist claiming Liverpool, Arsenal, Inter and Napoli have a €80m agreement in principle for Pépé - is one of the better journalists covering northern France. Have read that he's "highly respectable" and "rarely wrong" etc
Lille owner, Gerard Lopez, to Tuttosport recently:
"For Pépé, we have received 4 acceptable offers from 4 big clubs. Up to the player now to decide where to go, with the contract offers made by the 4 clubs. Pépé will come back from holiday Monday & I think he’ll decide mid-week"
By the end of this window one of Zaha, Pepe or Everton will be an Arsenal player.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I've read a report that says the corbollocks 1 year loan with no buy back will cost us £15 million ?????? Surely that's not true ????? Or is it ?????? I doubt if his wages are more than 40k week and even a 3 million loan fee only makes it 5 ???

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Herd wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:29 am
I've read a report that says the corbollocks 1 year loan with no buy back will cost us £15 million ?????? Surely that's not true ????? Or is it ?????? I doubt if his wages are more than 40k week and even a 3 million loan fee only makes it 5 ???
I wouldn't be surprised - penny wise and pound stupid is the clubs new mantra!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Is anyone "excited" yet?
I imagine Rodders has had a twinge..... :rubchin: :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:32 am
Arsenal are one of four clubs that have had their bid accepted for Nicolas Pepe alongside Napoli, Inter Milan and Liverpool.
For what it's worth, Joël Domenighetti - the L'Équipe journalist claiming Liverpool, Arsenal, Inter and Napoli have a €80m agreement in principle for Pépé - is one of the better journalists covering northern France. Have read that he's "highly respectable" and "rarely wrong" etc
Lille owner, Gerard Lopez, to Tuttosport recently:
"For Pépé, we have received 4 acceptable offers from 4 big clubs. Up to the player now to decide where to go, with the contract offers made by the 4 clubs. Pépé will come back from holiday Monday & I think he’ll decide mid-week"
By the end of this window one of Zaha, Pepe or Everton will be an Arsenal player.
Looks like this one has serious legs to it. Reliable ITKs from Italy and France are reporting that we're in advanced talks with Lille for Pépé's signature.