KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:35 am
The club are on a major PR splurge Edu walking with the fans ,numerous puff pieces about the great Raul . Josh in the papers today again etc etc . I'm still far from convinced on our signings but then again the last 13 years of Wenger will do that to a man ! Let's see how we go on from here starting with the mousers.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

When I watched this I was thinking, how comes its taken so long for the Kronke's to understand PR. A pretty bold statement tbh, let's see if they back it up.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am
Herd wrote:
The club are on a major PR splurge Edu walking with the fans ,numerous puff pieces about the great Raul . Josh in the papers today again etc etc . I'm still far from convinced on our signings but then again the last 13 years of Wenger will do that to a man ! Let's see how we go on from here starting with the mousers.

When I watched this I was thinking, how comes its taken so long for the Kronke's to understand PR. A pretty bold statement tbh, let's see if they back it up.
For once we are on he same page Flush, help this is unchartered territory :shock: ! I can only think there has been a drop off in premium seat / box renewals to the point they realise they better get busy with the cheque book ! We used to have the premium market cornered as the only London club with good corporate facilities but with the spammers in residence in the Olympic stadium and the new red sea pedestrian ground they have more competition for the corporate buck and this cannot have gone unnoticed !
Kroenke has always been known as silent Stan but he's doing a lot more talking nowadays especially with his pet project in LA ,but Im sure he's told the kid to get out there a bit for the Arsenal which is a large investment too so the miser approach wont work anymore . If we don't start competing we will lose more of the prawn sarnie mob to the upstarts !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

The word is, that the coming together of the supporter groups to make a joint statement and the 105,000 fans that signed the petition, genuinely shook the Club. That may not be the sole reason for the increased activity and the charm offensive, but I doubt there was a more influential reason.

However, we ain't going away ! If you read the statement, it does not bang on about transfer activity at all. That was deliberate. It lists no end of grievances that the Club have not responded to.

Key to everything is wanting to know what the owners true intentions are....what are his genuine ambitions for the Club. On top of that, there were everyday issues (but very important all the same) about ticketing, safe standing, atmosphere, etc etc.

It's good to see the Club trying to engage more, but I for one, will need a lot of convincing that the current owner has the same ambitions as the fanbase. We'll see.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am
Herd wrote:

For once we are on he same page Flush, help this is unchartered territory :shock: ! I can only think there has been a drop off in premium seat / box renewals to the point they realise they better get busy with the cheque book ! We used to have the premium market cornered as the only London club with good corporate facilities but with the spammers in residence in the Olympic stadium and the new red sea pedestrian ground they have more competition for the corporate buck and this cannot have gone unnoticed !
Kroenke has always been known as silent Stan but he's doing a lot more talking nowadays especially with his pet project in LA ,but Im sure he's told the kid to get out there a bit for the Arsenal which is a large investment too so the miser approach wont work anymore . If we don't start competing we will lose more of the prawn sarnie mob to the upstarts !
I've never disagreed with you footy wise, we do support the same team after all !

With regards to the corporate, club level was half empty against Burnley. I know there isn't a queue for the season tickets in club, but why would the half time beers be enough for you to part with a few thousand extra quid. It is very nice up there but only for the odd game, I prefer to be in the cauldron that is the North Bank Block 7.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:41 pm
The word is, that the coming together of the supporter groups to make a joint statement and the 105,000 fans that signed the petition, genuinely shook the Club. That may not be the sole reason for the increased activity and the charm offensive, but I doubt there was a more influential reason.

However, we ain't going away ! If you read the statement, it does not bang on about transfer activity at all. That was deliberate. It lists no end of grievances that the Club have not responded to.

Key to everything is wanting to know what the owners true intentions are....what are his genuine ambitions for the Club. On top of that, there were everyday issues (but very important all the same) about ticketing, safe standing, atmosphere, etc etc.

It's good to see the Club trying to engage more, but I for one, will need a lot of convincing that the current owner has the same ambitions as the fanbase. We'll see.

Very true. Whenever I see JK rolled out to do his bit for the darkside I just can't help but think "fu.ck off you JCL pri.ck". I don't see that view changing anytime soon.

Herd

Post by Herd »

They are continuing to big themselves up and I suspect some bloggers have been corrupted judging by the gushes I've seen around praising Josh n Raul . I've seen too many false Dawns over the last 13 years to be fooled by another.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:12 am
They are continuing to big themselves up and I suspect some bloggers have been corrupted judging by the gushes I've seen around praising Josh n Raul . I've seen too many false Dawns over the last 13 years to be fooled by another.

This is correct.

I don't blog and very rarely read blogs, but the majority that do write blogs (not all), are self interested, self promoting cretins, who are desperate for more reach and for some acknowledgement from the Club. They are desperate to outshine other bloggers.

The WeCareDoYou initiative was a coming together of influential fan groups (many whom had been at loggerheads in the past), some well established bloggers and a few independent fans, who were linked to no group or official organisation and were therefore able to speak very freely.

The impact of the statement and the petition were significant within the Club....we know that for certain....and many of the bloggers etc who were deliberately not invited to be part of the initiative, are pissed that it has had an effect. You'll find them blogging and tweeting trying to dispel the notion that the campaign has influenced the Club's sudden charm offensive and engagement with fans....well, it can't be coincidence can it ?!

Some of the loonies from AFTV are prime examples of the naysayers. Still upset that their help and support wasn't required. Can you imagine a better way to destroy the credibility of the WeCareDoYou campaign, than to have those morons involved ??! :lol: :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Influential fans my arse ,I'm not saying the petition had no effect but there are no influential fans.The club has mugged all of the supporters groups for years ! Especially the up it's own arse AISA and the We bought a share mob !
Getting way above ourselves here,the club don't give a fuck about us only about revenue!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Excellent business all round. The squad has been strengthened and we’ve saved a shed load of money, and we’ve ensured the likes of Mkhitarian, ElNanny and Iwobi don’t play for us (this season at least).
Fantastic!

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

sam
‏@SalibaSzn
Saliba has been named as he is 18 and if we name him for the next 3 seasons that means he will have been registered for 3+ years before 21 making him a ‘homegrown’ player, it is a totally elite move and you love to see it
I don't know if Don Raul is behind this but this is come brilliant forward thinking.

augie

Post by augie »

Another multi billionaire buys a football club but doesn't look in our direction :cry:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... d-arnault/

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm
Another multi billionaire buys a football club but doesn't look in our direction :cry:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... d-arnault/
We're just too expensive at present, give it a couple of decades festering under the Krankie's and we might just be in range again. :roll:

Also can we cut all this 'don Raul' bs, yes he's cut the wage bill, not hard with the amount of overpaid cretins we were hoarding, and signed a load of players on the 'never never', whoopee do.

He can be don Raul when we win the PL or CL, so basically never. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Also can we cut all this 'don Raul' bs, yes he's cut the wage bill, not hard with the amount of overpaid cretins we were hoarding, and signed a load of players on the 'never never', whoopee do.

Have to agree with this tbh. "Don Raul" is such a modern football bollocks concept. He's cut a few very basic deals that you would expect as a minimum from any employee in his job ffs and he now seems to have achieved Legendary status with some of our fans. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:56 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Have to agree with this tbh. "Don Raul" is such a modern football bollocks concept. He's cut a few very basic deals that you would expect as a minimum from any employee in his job ffs and he now seems to have achieved Legendary status with some of our fans. :roll:

I think some of the "don raul" thing is a bit of terrace humour with the fans and I see nothing wrong with that, but I will also say that he definitely does deserve a shit load of credit for his summer dealings - I have said several times that a lot of his business was done by spending our next few transfer window budgets already via future payments, but the reality is that this absolutely had to be done cos our transfer budget was absolutely shit. The players we had were never gonna get us back to where we needed to be, and buying 1 quality player per transfer window wasn't gonna work either, so mortgaging our future was our only option. Where he deserves MASSIVE credit for me is his performance in moving on shit players - yes most are only out on loan, and no doubt we are paying a lot of their wages still so the savings might not be all that, but they got rid of a lot of the players that were stinking the place out with their abject failures, and prevented the younger players growing up in that enviroment