other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:01 pm
Right on cue, Comedy Iwobi gifts a goal to Tottenham. Theo has made his usual lightweight contribution. They epitomise the last decade of Wenger
I hope the same Everton scouts are eyeing up Mustafi and Xhaka :D :D :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nasty injury for Gomes, looks something similar to Ramseys

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 pm
That Son has always been a dirty, snide, cheating little fucker and the *word censored* knew exactly what he was doing there. Trying to trip the Everton bloke on the half-way line to stop an attack and he's disrupted his momentum and caused him to land awkwardly. Fuck off and have a three game ban for being a dirty *word censored*. Fucking club full of absolute *word censored*. Fuck off back to bottom-half obscurity where you belong.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
That Son has always been a dirty, snide, cheating little fucker and the *word censored* knew exactly what he was doing there. Trying to trip the Everton bloke on the half-way line to stop an attack and he's disrupted his momentum and caused him to land awkwardly. Fuck off and have a three game ban for being a dirty *word censored*. Fucking club full of absolute *word censored*. Fuck off back to bottom-half obscurity where you belong.
^^^ This 100%

One of the biggest rows I had with a Scummer last year was when I branded this bloke the biggest cheat in the PL....remember those penalty dives at our gaffs? Today despite as many angles as the VAR c.unts could come up with to check if their little darling had been fouled all they could see was him arching his back again and diving for the 100th time this season already like the little c.unt he is. He wound me up so much last season hiding behind his goody two shoes image that everyone laps up, that my missus actually told me to calm down before I had a heartache when his grinning, cheating little face used to come up on the screen

Hope this incident wrecks your career you nasty little c.unt. Crocodile tears don't fool me !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Even though they didn't show a replay, and it was a definite foul by Son, when gomes was going down Aurier was coming to tackle him as well, and I'm wondering was it actually him who did the damage.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
^^^ This 100%

One of the biggest rows I had with a Scummer last year was when I branded this bloke the biggest cheat in the PL....remember those penalty dives at our gaffs? Today despite as many angles as the VAR c.unts could come up with to check if their little darling had been fouled all they could see was him arching his back again and diving for the 100th time this season already like the little c.unt he is. He wound me up so much last season hiding behind his goody two shoes image that everyone laps up, that my missus actually told me to calm down before I had a heartache when his grinning, cheating little face used to come up on the screen

Hope this incident wrecks your career you nasty little c.unt. Crocodile tears don't fool me !
Also how the fuck did VAR over-rule the Everton penalty claim,the replay showed the ball clearly hit Deli Alley's arm,which was above his head,and NOT in a natural position......someone needs to explain,on TV,why this wasnt a penalty? VAR is a fucking travesty

As for that c unt Song,I hope Kim Jon Wrong-Un drops a big bag of shit on him if he ever does his National Service in Korea,fucking dive against us last year still makes me wild when i see it,wasnt even touched by Holding,c unt. :banghead: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Son is a cowardly cheating wanker. Always has been.

I have literally never watched anybody like him before, as soon as he gets the ball he is halfway to the deck waiting for an opportunity to dive. Dives with complete impunity, like most of their lot.

He hasn’t tried to break the guys leg, but he has hacked him down in a cowardly and cynical fashion and that was 100% what caused the horrific injury. To suggest that he is no way responsible is idiotic. And as for the notion of this bloke being cleaner than clean, let’s not forget that even putting aside his constant cheating diving then he was sent off less than 6 months ago for a blatant act of violent conduct at Bournemouth.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Irish football season ended yesterday with the FAI Cup Final being played at The Aviva Stadium. (formally Landsdowne Road) ..Shamrock Rovers beat League title winners Dundalk on penalties in front of 33,000 people.
It is Rovers' first Cup win since 1987 and yet they hold the record for cup wins. Shamrock Rovers stadium is less than ten minutes walk from my home. They are in the council owned stadium ten years. Intermittently over the ten years I have attended games there. In the season just finished I only missed two home games and one away Cup tie. The football isn't great and Rovers have a notorious element following them but by and large I really enjoyed the season. Unsanitised and ugly as some of it was..There is something good about supporting a local club. Rock up 30 minutes before kickoff and pay €15 for a ticket. Good atmosphere generally with an edge for the Dublin derbys.
Maybe older fans like me want football to be as it was, not a social media style accessory that the Premier League has become in Dublin. Irish club football is earthy and coarse, the stands are not for the faint hearted at times and if you accept that Salah , Kane etc are not on the pitch then it really can be enjoyable.
The Irish league's biggest critics in Ireland are the ones who have never been , the same ones who will only know when "we" ( United or Liverpool) are playing if Sky are hyping up their next game. There was comments on this forum over the years from posters who are going to lower or non league local club games as it gives them that sense of belonging again , I now understand those comments.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:13 am
The Irish football season ended yesterday with the FAI Cup Final being played at The Aviva Stadium. (formally Landsdowne Road) ..Shamrock Rovers beat League title winners Dundalk on penalties in front of 33,000 people.
It is Rovers' first Cup win since 1987 and yet they hold the record for cup wins. Shamrock Rovers stadium is less than ten minutes walk from my home. They are in the council owned stadium ten years. Intermittently over the ten years I have attended games there. In the season just finished I only missed two home games and one away Cup tie. The football isn't great and Rovers have a notorious element following them but by and large I really enjoyed the season. Unsanitised and ugly as some of it was..There is something good about supporting a local club. Rock up 30 minutes before kickoff and pay €15 for a ticket. Good atmosphere generally with an edge for the Dublin derbys.
Maybe older fans like me want football to be as it was, not a social media style accessory that the Premier League has become in Dublin. Irish club football is earthy and coarse, the stands are not for the faint hearted at times and if you accept that Salah , Kane etc are not on the pitch then it really can be enjoyable.
The Irish league's biggest critics in Ireland are the ones who have never been , the same ones who will only know when "we" ( United or Liverpool) are playing if Sky are hyping up their next game. There was comments on this forum over the years from posters who are going to lower or non league local club games as it gives them that sense of belonging again , I now understand those comments.

Nice post BWK. I’ve never been one to watch lower league football but can understand the “earthy” attraction.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:

I watched most of the first half of yesterday's game and I have to say that I was disappointed with it tbh - I hear some so call footie fans slate the Irish international players and claim that there must be players in the LOI as good as them, and I think that yesterday proved that isn't the case. I went to watch Bohs last week v Sligo rovers (my young lad plays for St Kevins/Bohs) and it has to be said that it wasn't a good game at all, and Bohs are the 3rd best team in that division.
I like the idea of local football (in our case League of Ireland) rising on the back of disenchantment with the money driven pro game, but the reality is that the price and the product has to be appealing to the fans and that doesn't appear to be the case. I looked at the impressive designs for the proposed new stadium that Bohs and St Pats are going to be sharing and was shocked that it's capacity is gonna be around the seven thousand mark - is that all two of the biggest clubs in the country can attract ? :shock: Athlone Town would be my local LOI club and it is a shambles when it has a huge catchment area and should be one of the biggest clubs in the league if run correctly, and that brings me back to my original point - lower league football can grow and prosper if the product they offer is appealing to fans, but it is debatable over here if the will or awareness is there

Btw I have never liked rovers cos of that notorious element and am gutted that they won :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Not another match as such, but can I be the first to send congrats to one of the many promising players the French cock fcuked over while he was here, on winning the MLS player of the year award ahead of the arrogant cuntbag ibrahimovich :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -mvp-award

augie

Post by augie »

wrong thread :oops: :oops:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Interesting post BWK - something I can relate to during my hibernation period in Wenger's last few years when I went to watch Bromley on a Saturday afternoon. Got to decide on the morning of the game whether to go or not because you can pay at the turnstile. Plus got to have a few beers not just before and after the game but also during it.

Saw Bromley promoted to the National League (formerly The Conference) and was there when they thrashed Leyton Orient 6-1. Really quite enjoyed it - although it wasnt lost on me that I was only doing it because Wenger and the PL had become so grotesque. Hopefully won't be forced back down that route but it remains an option in the back of my mind.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:52 pm
Bradywasking wrote:

I watched most of the first half of yesterday's game and I have to say that I was disappointed with it tbh - I hear some so call footie fans slate the Irish international players and claim that there must be players in the LOI as good as them, and I think that yesterday proved that isn't the case. I went to watch Bohs last week v Sligo rovers (my young lad plays for St Kevins/Bohs) and it has to be said that it wasn't a good game at all, and Bohs are the 3rd best team in that division.
I like the idea of local football (in our case League of Ireland) rising on the back of disenchantment with the money driven pro game, but the reality is that the price and the product has to be appealing to the fans and that doesn't appear to be the case. I looked at the impressive designs for the proposed new stadium that Bohs and St Pats are going to be sharing and was shocked that it's capacity is gonna be around the seven thousand mark - is that all two of the biggest clubs in the country can attract ? :shock: Athlone Town would be my local LOI club and it is a shambles when it has a huge catchment area and should be one of the biggest clubs in the league if run correctly, and that brings me back to my original point - lower league football can grow and prosper if the product they offer is appealing to fans, but it is debatable over here if the will or awareness is there

Btw I have never liked rovers cos of that notorious element and am gutted that they won :wink:
Wouldn't argue too much on most of your points Augie but again I would say you have to accept it is for what it is if you regularly. You probably wouldn't go regularly if you couldn't accept it for what it is anyway.
To me it is an outlet, meet a few friends, watch a game..not brokenhearted if Rovers lose and not ecstatic if they win.. I was delighted on Sunday that they won because in terms of the season I felt they deserved something.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Interesting post BWK - something I can relate to during my hibernation period in Wenger's last few years when I went to watch Bromley on a Saturday afternoon. Got to decide on the morning of the game whether to go or not because you can pay at the turnstile. Plus got to have a few beers not just before and after the game but also during it.

Saw Bromley promoted to the National League (formerly The Conference) and was there when they thrashed Leyton Orient 6-1. Really quite enjoyed it - although it wasnt lost on me that I was only doing it because Wenger and the PL had become so grotesque. Hopefully won't be forced back down that route but it remains an option in the back of my mind.
I chose not to go to the Emirates during the last three or four seasons of Wenger's reign as I was so pissed off with the whole thing..However I wouldn't see going to a local side as a kind of substitute. Going to Arsenal from Dublin takes planning and is expensive, going local doesn't and isn't expensive. Going to watch my local team is an antidote to saturation football on TV and social media. It is an escape from the plastic populism that is the Premier League here in Dublin..It is everything that bandwagonism isn't..It isn't the know alls in the pub or work canteen..It is a hard core support for something that isn't attractive to the fly by night fans..