Leicester A Sat 9th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blim

Re: Leicester A Sat 9th Nov KO 1730

Post by Blim »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 pm
According to Emery "We defended well" :shock: :roll:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50363418
What game was he watching? :shock:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:24 pm
International break coming up. Perfect time to sack him. Freddie in for a month, sound out Allgeri, if not, ask DB10 and TA to come in to the club. There is no identity, no heart, no fight. Something has to be done.
Agreed the board must now be actively looking for a replacement, we need the right man...Gazidis well and truly fucked us over with Emery

So much still not addressed since Wenger left...The whole organisation, tactics and mentaility has to be changed... as well as a few players shipped out to the lower leagues

With the amount of chances we are giving the opposition can only be a matter of time before we conceed 5 or 6...heartbreaking

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Cannot for the life of me understand how that useless fat cu.nt Kolasinac is still getting picked. He shouldn’t get into any top flight team in any league.

Arsenal fans are labelled as spoiled and entitled ... but the second rate shit we get served up every season in return for the grade A prices we pay every season is a fucking insult.
Agreed Clash this is one of his many failings (among others) his team selection, does he even know his first 11, one week Ozil is left out of the squad next week he starts in first team?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just twenty six more meaningless matches to go in our 12th consecutive meaningless PL season

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Had to work yesterday so only got home for last fifteen minutes or so just as Maddison scored their second. What I saw and heard after that was the complete and utter humiliation of Arsenal FC on the pitch by Leicester City players and from the stands by Leicester City supporters. It was hard to watch, I thought after Wenger left that the abject performances and humiliations would end..Obviously there would be defeats, big defeats even but the abject passionless performances would surely be gone..How wrong was I ?
I can only comment on that last fifteen minutes in terms of viewing the debacle but to me it looked like a 2-0 thrashing. As bad as any of the Wenger days. I like Emery and I feel some pity for him on a human level,he isn't the arrogant Mr 30 years his predecessor was, but he is clearly out of his depth at Arsenal and in the Premier League.
For Emery himself and for Arsenal FC yesterday must have been his last day in charge. Two week window to sort it out, even in the short term.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

The relegation battle just started today !! We're no better that Watford, Norwich, Saints, Victoria (I forger they're not PL side !) etc. We should be safe if we get to the 40 point target. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:40 pm
If it was ‘free’ to sack him there’s a small chance they’d do it. But it’ll cost between 15-20m to sack him and his team and Arsenal don’t have the money!! :roll: :banghead:
This surely depends on whether the 2 year break clause exists or not. It was reported when Dick signed that there was a 2 year break clause which even the Sunday Times reported on. More recently Ornstein stated that he had been told by sources that there was no such clause. If Dick is on about £6M a year then with the break we could get shot of him for about £3M as he was appointed in May. Presumably his team of 4 -5 staff will bugger off too. Are they on the same deal or will we have to pay out a year and a half of their contracts. If the 2 year break does exist then we can maybe get shot of them for single digit millions if not then the figure will probably be around the £15M mark.

Don't forget that we'll save on the wages of Dyche or Howe when they are appointed as they will come on the cheap :roll: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 am
The relegation battle just started today !! We're no better that Watford, Norwich, Saints, Victoria (I forger they're not PL side !) etc. We should be safe if we get to the 40 point target. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Its 1975/76 all over again Ray :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

According to David Ornstein, Arsenal have no intention of sacking Unai Emery before next summer with Josh Kroenke, Raul Sanllehi and Edu all 100 per cent behind their head coach. :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 pm
According to David Ornstein, Arsenal have no intention of sacking Unai Emery before next summer with Josh Kroenke, Raul Sanllehi and Edu all 100 per cent behind their head coach. :barscarf:
Ah the old vote of confidence from the board. When a club had a footballing board this usually meant the manager was going to get the tin tack. With our board though they probably mean it :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The saddest part of yesterday is that i felt nothing when the goals went in, just numb to it all, like the last few years under Wenger. In Wenger's last season i barely watched us as i had begun to resent most aspects of the club, and so Emery was like a breath of fresh air, but in truth it was just the club pulling the wool over our eyes by replacing an incompetent French wanker with a Spanish one. Now watching the board refusing to accept Emery needs to go, just re-affirms how shambolic this club is. Think il switch off from the club until they actually grow a pair and get rid of Emery. This is a great club that has a fan-base being slowly eroded through the decisions being made by the hierarchy. By the turn of the year, we will be seeing a half empty Emirates, hard for fans to give a fuck when the club clearly doesn't.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:50 pm
The saddest part of yesterday is that i felt nothing when the goals went in, just numb to it all, like the last few years under Wenger. In Wenger's last season i barely watched us as i had begun to resent most aspects of the club, and so Emery was like a breath of fresh air, but in truth it was just the club pulling the wool over our eyes by replacing an incompetent French wanker with a Spanish one. Now watching the board refusing to accept Emery needs to go, just re-affirms how shambolic this club is. Think il switch off from the club until they actually grow a pair and get rid of Emery. This is a great club that has a fan-base being slowly eroded through the decisions being made by the hierarchy. By the turn of the year, we will be seeing a half empty Emirates, hard for fans to give a fuck when the club clearly doesn't.
This is exactly how i felt and feel mate :cry:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Ah the old vote of confidence from the board. When a club had a footballing board this usually meant the manager was going to get the tin tack. With our board though they probably mean it :roll:
Yep that’s exactly how I see it Jock.

We stopped being a proper football club a long time ago.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
:D true, our lot dont seem to rush decisions do they

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
:D true, our lot dont seem to rush decisions do they
Yeah, it took the cuntts TEN Years to get rid of wenger, and that was only because there was drop in profit.