other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by xisstential »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 pm
Have always said, Guardiola can’t handle competition, as shown when maureen came on the scene in Spain!
They were lucky winners last season and won’t even get 2nd this time and the cowardly c u n t will fuck off cos he knows Klopp will do him next season too!
You mean Klopp, Sky, MOTD, the FA and every official in the UK.

How were they "lucky" last season, when they needed to win every one of their last 9 games, they did exactly that. City had a stone wall penalty before Liverpool scored, waved away by the terrified, outcome driven ref. The only people in the PL benefitting from VAR are the scum and the bin dippers.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I wonder would of been seen as accidental if it was a city defender?

Not a fucking chance.

I once respected souness' opinion but now he's showing he's just like the rest of them

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The lad Traore at Wolves is a seriously good wide player. If Pepe were really worth 72 million he would be worth 100 million and the rest.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The murderers are going to win the league and we’re gonna finish 11th.

What a time to be alive.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:41 pm
The murderers are going to win the league and we’re gonna finish 11th.

What a time to be alive.
As high as that huh, I'll take it :? :? :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

30 years without a title ... the win it in the first season of VAR - coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences.

Maybe Liverpool are the best team in the league but a bit of help doesn’t do any harm when you’re desperate to see the succeed. And Man City s defence is truly shocking - not surprising when you’ve got a knob like John Stones in there.

But VAR is so potentially corrupt. You can make it look reasonable rather than anything too blatant. All you do is favour a team like Liverpool in every decision which comes under the category of ‘’i’ve Seen the given and I’ve seen them not given’’.

Man City should have had 2 penalties today, the first of which was 20 seconds before Liverpool made it 1-0. Game changing, season changing decisions subtlety given.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 pm
The lad Traore at Wolves is a seriously good wide player. If Pepe were really worth 72 million he would be worth 100 million and the rest.
As much as I am off the Pepe hype, that comparison is very much off. Traore at Wolves has pace and physicality. He has no technical game or in-game threat/skills. He relies on people budging him and him just shouldering them out of the way. Tierney did a good job of staying off and closing gaps but if any half good wing back (Pererira, Walker, Semedo, TAA) comes up against him all they will do is close gaps. He was decent at Boro because people kept showing him the line.

Pepe, albeit what he is going through is a far better player in terms of technicality, ability, agility and also as a winger.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

2nd penalty denied City, hand was miles away from the body when it was struck, anyone who thinks Victims aren't being handed this title on a plate is blind

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:09 pm
30 years without a title ... the win it in the first season of VAR - coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences.

Maybe Liverpool are the best team in the league but a bit of help doesn’t do any harm when you’re desperate to see the succeed. And Man City s defence is truly shocking - not surprising when you’ve got a knob like John Stones in there.

But VAR is so potentially corrupt. You can make it look reasonable rather than anything too blatant. All you do is favour a team like Liverpool in every decision which comes under the category of ‘’i’ve Seen the given and I’ve seen them not given’’.

Man City should have had 2 penalties today, the first of which was 20 seconds before Liverpool made it 1-0. Game changing, season changing decisions subtlety given.
I was a VERY big advocate of them cheating last season through countless measures and ways, the most controversial being offside in front of the Lino vs West Ham.

Today's penalty decisions were 50/50 and it was always going in favour of the referee's decision. Albeit that they look for every opportunity to exploit and get a win, I must say this season they have been as clinical as anything with a very healthy team. Villa away shows how determined this team is and they had minimal help but 100% success rate. (as much as it pains me to say)

It's just not City's year with injuries and unfortunately Pep has made strengths in bringing players where it was not effective and it hasn't paid off. Rodri and Angelinho have both been 'meh' and do not contribute any more than Cancelo or Bilva/Dilva. They should've gone for a better DM or someone like Ndidi/Koke who plays a supportive role allowing KDB and wingers to be forward.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm waiting for the scousescum to get the name of the sponsors on their shirts re-printed to VAR.

Referee was a Joke. and so are the faceless *word censored*.s who oversee the VAR decisions, utterly fuckking Clueless.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

So.….. 12 games in and Liverpool have been awarded 7 penalties and conceded NONE!!

We, surprise, surprise, along with Norwich, have conceded the most, 4.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 pm
I'm waiting for the scousescum to get the name of the sponsors on their shirts re-printed to VAR.

Referee was a Joke. and so are the faceless *word censored*.s who oversee the VAR decisions, utterly fuckking Clueless.
City denied two definite penalties for handball, possibly even a third for the push on Sterling as he went through in the second half..I imagine Dermot Gallagher will revert to the Sky script today on SSN and say none were penalties.
The drive by media and authorities to give The Victims the title is as sickening as it Is transparent .
They actually are the best team at the moment but they are getting every help from a system that was supposed to clear up any clear and obvious errors.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

England drop arguably their best player because he had a fight with a Liverpool player.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:25 am
England drop arguably their best player because he had a fight with a Liverpool player.
What was that about? Was Sterling the aggressor?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:25 am
What was that about? Was Sterling the aggressor?
Sterling out this on social media

"First and foremost everyone knows what that game means to me," he said.

"Everyone knows that I am not that way inclined and more to the point, both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on.

"We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me. We move, this is why we play this sport because of our love for it.

"Me and Joe Gomez are good, we both understand it was a 5-10 second thing. It's done, we move forward and not make this bigger than it is. Let's get focus on our game on Thursday."