Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am
augie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 am
Have to say that even when I wanted wenger out I felt that pointing the finger at the board was a distraction from the issues at hand, and I feel the same now - yes we have a cuntish board who don't give two fcuks about our club, but emery has a good squad available to him and isn't woefully underperforming with them and the blame for that cannot be put at the boards door imo
Jesus augie. How many times? If the manager is not delivering whose responsibility is it to remove him? The manager himself? :lol: :wink:

The issue with Wenger was that the board /owner had the responsibility to remove a seriously past it manager and delayed doing so by at least 5 maybe even 10 years. How is that a distraction? It was a key issue.

The blame to be put at the board's door now is not appointing a top manager. And if Emery is still here next year and still underperforming then the blame to lay at the board's door is not removing him once he has clearly demonstrated he isn't good enough. Something he is doing at the moment I think most of us can agree.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that buddy - what I am saying though, is that emery has been given a talented squad to work with and is failing badly, and that is 100% on him. That the board should sack him is another point altogether, and I just feel that people are mixing the 2 together and it is a distraction. If we had different owners would emery be doing better right now ? I think we all know that the answer to that is a resounding no, and seeing as this is a poll about the manager only, my criticisms are focused solely on emery

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Have to say that even when I wanted wenger out I felt that pointing the finger at the board was a distraction from the issues at hand, and I feel the same now - yes we have a cuntish board who don't give two fcuks about our club, but emery has a good squad available to him and isn't woefully underperforming with them and the blame for that cannot be put at the boards door imo
Jesus augie. How many times? If the manager is not delivering whose responsibility is it to remove him? The manager himself? :lol: :wink:

The issue with Wenger was that the board /owner had the responsibility to remove a seriously past it manager and delayed doing so by at least 5 maybe even 10 years. How is that a distraction? It was a key issue.

The blame to be put at the board's door now is not appointing a top manager. And if Emery is still here next year and still underperforming then the blame to lay at the board's door is not removing him once he has clearly demonstrated he isn't good enough. Something he is doing at the moment I think most of us can agree.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that buddy - what I am saying though, is that emery has been given a talented squad to work with and is failing badly, and that is 100% on him. That the board should sack him is another point altogether, and I just feel that people are mixing the 2 together and it is a distraction. If we had different owners would emery be doing better right now ? I think we all know that the answer to that is a resounding no, and seeing as this is a poll about the manager only, my criticisms are focused solely on emery
That's fair enough.

Love your new avatar btw. 8)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't give a toss, just want a new owner, so thinking outside the box I'll take Mourinho or Fat Sam, whoever destroys the club enough to make wiggy panic and sell up.

:twisted:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Harry Bassett :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Colin Wanker is now available...…. :shock:

John F

Post by John F »

I've gone for Ten Hag because if one of them is not any good then maybe 1 of the other nine might be.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Barry Fry

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

John F wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:36 pm
I've gone for Ten Hag because if one of them is not any good then maybe 1 of the other nine might be.
:mrgreen:

Clash

Post by Clash »

John F wrote:
:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

That's fair enough.

Love your new avatar btw. 8)

Sadly I thought it was very apt for our situation :cry: :cry: :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
I've gone for Ten Hag before. It was an Ingerlish hen party in Temple Bar Dublin though.... :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:38 am
John F wrote:
I've gone for Ten Hag before. It was an Ingerlish hen party in Temple Bar Dublin though.... :lol: :wink:
:D :barscarf: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I heard this bloke is looking for a managerial position, which should please DB :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:29 pm
I heard this bloke is looking for a managerial position, which should please DB :lol: :lol: :wink:

:box: :censored: :lol:

Colin is always either unemployed or two games away from being unemployed. If you've never seen this pompous loser being interviewed it's quite the Comedy sketch. He honestly thinks he's a footballing legend and part of the managerial elite. :oops: :lol: Delusional fucktard. :censored: