Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm sorry, but we can't afford to gamble right now. We haven't won in 9 games, our players look completely void of ideas and we look like we are going to lose every game we play. We CANNOT gamble on Man City's Director of Cones.

I cannot fathom how this guy was ever a serious option in the first place.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 pm
We CANNOT gamble on Man City's Director of Cones.

I cannot fathom how this guy was ever a serious option in the first place.
AHAHAH where did you come up with this, almost spilled my coffee.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Simeone is in litigation with Atletico's Directors, apparently this is amid Arsenal's vacant position. Time to finally, maybe finally bring in a proper fucking manager. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have PL experience, he has a Pep-like mind in terms of gameplay and actually knows how to impact a game and/or change to bring the best out of players. In his stint at Aletico, we've seen at least 5-7 players that have shined, bringing AM a fortune. Griez, Oblak, Koke, Rodri, JMG, FL and etc. just to name a few.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Simeone makes €41 million a year managing Atletico. Really can't see Kroenke spending even a quarter of that on a manager every season.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

"Diego Simeone has dismissed speculation that he is close to leaving Atletico Madrid amid rumours that Arsenal want to make him their next permanent manager. Simeone’s side have been in poor form in recent weeks, winning just one of their last seven games in all competitions. This string of disappointing results has seen Atleti slip to sixth in La Liga and leaves them needing a win over Lokomotiv Moscow next week to guarantee progression to the Champions League knockout stages."

Should fit right in then. :lol: :lol:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/06/diego-si ... -11282113/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:46 pm
Simeone is in litigation with Atletico's Directors, apparently this is amid Arsenal's vacant position. Time to finally, maybe finally bring in a proper fucking manager. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have PL experience, he has a Pep-like mind in terms of gameplay and actually knows how to impact a game and/or change to bring the best out of players. In his stint at Aletico, we've seen at least 5-7 players that have shined, bringing AM a fortune. Griez, Oblak, Koke, Rodri, JMG, FL and etc. just to name a few.
He took English lessons about 5 years ago when manure were sacking Moyes but struggled to get to grips with it. He stayed on at AM and is now on mental money, reports have said he is on over £30M per year. He has always spoken of Italy or Argentina as his next likely port of call so while it would be a very very interesting appointment it also seems very very unlikely to happen. I'd love to see a conversation between Simeone and wiggy on football :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Brendan Rodgers has signed a new contract through until 2025 with Leicester City. Will make it even more difficult and expensive for Arsenal or any other suitor to extricate him from the King Power.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Allegri is open to the idea of moving to north London but would need to be convinced of both the club’s ambition and the sincerity of their interest, having been left disappointed by the process when interviewed in 2018 [@JamesOlley]

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm
Allegri is open to the idea of moving to north London but would need to be convinced of both the club’s ambition and the sincerity of their interest, having been left disappointed by the process when interviewed in 2018 [@JamesOlley]
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Ambition......love it :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

'He will be here until the end of the season'

Pep Guardiola denies there have been any approaches for assistant Mikel Arteta as Arsenal and Everton search for new boss

https://t.co/crLv7vDCUl

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm
Brendan Rodgers has signed a new contract through until 2025 with Leicester City. Will make it even more difficult and expensive for Arsenal or any other suitor to extricate him from the King Power.
Just means they upped his salary to the levels they think Arsenal would pay him + knowing how cheap our board is, it is a tactical move for SK to say 'nope, too expensive'. If he was an Arsenal fan, he'd find our ST expensive. Cheap *word censored*.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:55 pm
'He will be here until the end of the season'

Pep Guardiola denies there have been any approaches for assistant Mikel Arteta as Arsenal and Everton search for new boss

https://t.co/crLv7vDCUl
I'd like to see Arteta go to Everton as manager and see how well he does. I don't think he has the experience needed for the Arsenal job.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not a shred of improvement in the last 2 games since Emery was sacked and nor will there be until we hire a manager who looks at the game totally differently, and instils a whole new defence first mentality. Ljungberg won't do it, Arteta won't do it, questionable if Rodgers will do it.......definite that Allegri will do it

Only one man now for me

If we can't afford him then you might as well give Freddie the job as opposed to any of the others who will only try playing Wengerball with the same stiffs we've got now

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:15 pm
Not a shred of improvement in the last 2 games since Emery was sacked and nor will there be until we hire a manager who looks at the game totally differently, and instils a whole new defence first mentality. Ljungberg won't do it, Arteta won't do it, questionable if Rodgers will do it.......definite that Allegri will do it

Only one man now for me

If we can't afford him then you might as well give Freddie the job as opposed to any of the others who will only try playing Wengerball with the same stiffs we've got now
This, this, this.... nearly every manager out there with a few exceptions try to play some variation of Wenger ball where the intent is to out score the opposition. Very few of them are actually capable of coaching their teams to do it but it is so common these days.

We need a Manager/Coach with a different view of how to play football and a different set of players to be able to play it.