Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Redarmy

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:28 am
Ancelloti now talking to Everton. Have to say at this stage of his career I think hes found his level.

He's a bit like Maureen these days, past his sell by date IMO. We need someone with radical ideas to take us onto the next level.

I have no doubts he can steady the ship at a struggling club, but that's about it.
Don't agree mate. Radical ideas take time at the best of places. Some nobody coach with a quirky philosophy will get little to no buy-in from the players and the fans will lose patience incredibly quickly.

Probably took 18 months before things looked like they were starting to come together a bit for Klopp - and Liverpool were in much better shape and with much more patience/buy-in from the fanbase.

Steadying the ship at a struggling club is 100% what we need right now. If Ancelotti comes in, persuades our few decent players to stay, improves our defending and leaves us in better shape in 2 years then I would snap your hand off now. We actually have a good crop of talented young players, and a rebuilt platform for a more adventurous manager to come in 2 years down the line would be great.
Reports saying Ancelotti been discounted from the short list...favourites Arteta and Viera....so maybe Jock will get his choice of Arteta :D

Clummo2019

Post by Clummo2019 »

I just can't see either of them working. Not what we need in the short term.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Clash wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 pm
I am starting to think the next appointment will be totally irrelevant in terms of what impact it will make. That’s because there is nothing this group of players have that anyone can do anything with. Not a fucking thing.

There is not a good team being stifled by poor coaching. There is not a squad of players bursting for a strong manager to be appointed so they suddenly find their true form. And there is not a talented and hungry set of youngsters waiting to step in if a new manager decides to have a clear out of the more experienced players.

What there is ... is a set of players that are a lost cause. They have so many bad habits and have been pampered for so long that there is absolutely nothing to work with. There is no sense of pride or any real desire to improve. If the rumours were true, and I tend to think they were, nstead of working hard and trying to learn, we had players that were more interested in taking the piss out of the manager behind his back. That’s what unruly school kids with no discipline do. And like in every classroom like that, the few that are keen to learn are dragged down.

Arsenal are probably the biggest bullshit club around with how they will continue to talk big but never back it up with anything of substance. The amount of spin, lies and false promises that have come out of the place for the last decade is shameful. But it’s still going on. And the trouble is that talking is all the club are good at. Nobody has a fucking clue how to get things working on the pitch. How is this going to change?

The way I’m feeling right now, there is not a manger anywhere who I feel confident could turn this clubs fortunes around and give us some direction and purpose. We just exist in some sort of no-mans land.

A new name will be announced in due course but we’ll still be lumbered watching this inept and loathsome set of players. And in 2 years time we will very likely be going through this whole tedious process again :banghead:
Totally agree Clash, no matter who comes in they need a massive clear out and some of the youngsters need returning to the nursery pens or sent to lower league clubs to learn a bit of humility. I'd get shot of several senior players even taking a loss on them.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo2019 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 pm
I just can't see either of them working. Not what we need in the short term.
Could work out but hell of a gamble, you would like to think they will minimise the risk and go with someone established/proven....probably down to finance at the end of the day

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 pm
northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Ancelloti now talking to Everton. Have to say at this stage of his career I think hes found his level.

He's a bit like Maureen these days, past his sell by date IMO. We need someone with radical ideas to take us onto the next level.

I have no doubts he can steady the ship at a struggling club, but that's about it.
Don't agree mate. Radical ideas take time at the best of places. Some nobody coach with a quirky philosophy will get little to no buy-in from the players and the fans will lose patience incredibly quickly.

Probably took 18 months before things looked like they were starting to come together a bit for Klopp - and Liverpool were in much better shape and with much more patience/buy-in from the fanbase.

Steadying the ship at a struggling club is 100% what we need right now. If Ancelotti comes in, persuades our few decent players to stay, improves our defending and leaves us in better shape in 2 years then I would snap your hand off now. We actually have a good crop of talented young players, and a rebuilt platform for a more adventurous manager to come in 2 years down the line would be great.
Reports saying Ancelotti been discounted from the short list...favourites Arteta and Viera....so maybe Jock will get his choice of Arteta :D
:lol:

Hey steady there Red, it's more of a theory with Arteta than an actual choice :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Hey steady there Red, it's more of a theory with Arteta than an actual choice :lol:
We wont blame you when it all goes tits up :D :D :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:32 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

We wont blame you when it all goes tits up :D :D :D

We're just about into Panto season I guess so - Oh yes you will :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Independent, Arteta remains favourite for the #Arsenal job, & one of the most popular candidates at the top of the club... but they still plan to persist with a wide interview process. https://t.co/ySdBBxbY8G

That alone illustrates a crucial indecision at #Arsenal right now. There is not really much clarity at any level of this process, least of all about how to get their main man.

People deeply familiar with how the current hierarchy works say a huge problem is a lack of clarity about who is actually in charge, & so many competing voices from Raul Sanllehi to Edu. Some in particular talk of Sanllehi “trying to please too many different people”. https://t.co/BGnSnKagd2

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

What's Dragan Stojkovic upto nowadays? :wink: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:24 am
What's Dragan Stojkovic upto nowadays? :wink: :lol:
On Cbbc my youngest watches Dragon riders of Berk .He sounds a good fit as he would be Dragan manager of berks.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal to step up chase for Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo with Gunners considering 12 candidates for vacant managerial position | @SamiMokbel81_DM and @KieranGill_DM https://t.co/0YmzuRUJ5o

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Latest odds

Arteta Evens

Ancelotti 5/2

Freddie 15/2

Rest 10/1 out

Paddy Power

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The press and the bookies haven't a fuc.king clue who our next manager is going to be, our board haven't a clue so how does anybody else know :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:01 am
The press and the bookies haven't a fuc.king clue who our next manager is going to be, our board haven't a clue so how does anybody else know :roll:

Twitter knows :lol:

Ps It's Arteta 8)

On a serious note, you're totally right, if you look at other bookie odds they all have different favourites e. g. SkyBet have Arteta and Ancelotti at 9/4, and if we have a shortlist of 12 names and haven't whittled it down since Freddie stepped in, then we are truly fucked, reading different stuff the guys in charge of appointing a new manager are all afraid of getting it wrong, Gazdis can't be blamed this time if it goes belly up.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:15 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:01 am

Twitter knows :lol:

Ps It's Arteta 8)

On a serious note, you're totally right, if you look at other bookie odds they all have different favourites e. g. SkyBet have Arteta and Ancelotti at 9/4, and if we have a shortlist of 12 names and haven't whittled it down since Freddie stepped in, then we are truly fucked, reading different stuff the guys in charge of appointing a new manager are all afraid of getting it wrong, Gazdis can't be blamed this time if it goes belly up.

Love twatter and all the twats who use it :lol:

Red Army said recently that we might as well give it to Arteta now to get him over and done with and out of the way in time to appoint a new manager next season. He might well have a point.

Yes as you say different bookies have different favourites which isn't the norm when it comes to that particular industry. I still think they want to go for a cheap option but are scared of looking stupid and of the inevitable backlash when it goes tits up and everyone bemoans the fact that we didn't pay the going rate for a proven manager.

Feddie got away with it against WHU but we still looked dreadful for large parts of the game. Citeh on Sunday might just help to speed up the decision making process what with the xmas run of fixtures including manure and the chavs.