Citeh (H) PL 15/12 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Citeh (H) PL 15/12 @ 16:30

Post by northbank123 »

We need to stop playing Martinelli.

Don’t want big clubs figuring out that he’s actually really good

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

shu wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:23 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:08 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 pm
Fuck me sideways, some *word censored* on here blaming Freddie for this team ffs :roll:
Fuck off you prick. Freddie couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. He’s not even getting basics right and keeps picking the likes of Ozil and Xhaka.
There’s no excuse, he’s watched these c.unts for ages and still can’t get the basics. He’s not a good enough coach yet by ANY stretch of the imagination.
Fuck me another keyboard warrior, fuck off you soft twat :roll:
Ok lads none of us are happy and i am sure that we agree that we need a manager , so no more please.

Someone's looking to become a mod :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:55 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Because whilst you continue to support Kroenke then the club will get worse.
Not this again. Wasn't this done to death during the Wenger Out campaign? What is so difficult to grasp about supporting the team not the regime.

Our problems IMO are down to the fact we cannot defend as a team, you could put Van Dijk in the team and it wouldn't improve. Until we get a proper coach in nothing will get better.

You can blame lack of investment on Kroenke but I'm not sure you can blame him for Kolasinac inability to realise Sterling is standing right behind him for the 2nd goal. It is basic coaching which sadly is lacking.
because there surely becomes a point where blindly supporting the team causes more damage ?
If Kroenke sees the supporters sitting there every week then why should he bother to do anything ?

you say until we get a proper coach in.
a couple of problems with that:
1. Emery got sacked over 2 weeks ago and STILL hasn't been replaced
2. Seriously what top coach would actually want to come to us and even if they did is there the desire to even appoint one ?
Going on point 1 I would say NO.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:51 pm
NickF wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:55 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Because whilst you continue to support Kroenke then the club will get worse.
Not this again. Wasn't this done to death during the Wenger Out campaign? What is so difficult to grasp about supporting the team not the regime.

Our problems IMO are down to the fact we cannot defend as a team, you could put Van Dijk in the team and it wouldn't improve. Until we get a proper coach in nothing will get better.

You can blame lack of investment on Kroenke but I'm not sure you can blame him for Kolasinac inability to realise Sterling is standing right behind him for the 2nd goal. It is basic coaching which sadly is lacking.
because there surely becomes a point where blindly supporting the team causes more damage ?
If Kroenke sees the supporters sitting there every week then why should he bother to do anything ?

you say until we get a proper coach in.
a couple of problems with that:
1. Emery got sacked over 2 weeks ago and STILL hasn't been replaced
2. Seriously what top coach would actually want to come to us and even if they did is there the desire to even appoint one ?
Going on point 1 I would say NO.
Exactly, and whoever comes in will have a midtable Championship teams budget, because KSE have run our finances into the ground by backing Wenger and then Emery.

Some people just don't want to see it because they can't accept going to games actually does do damage, unless that is they are actively vocal in showing their anger towards the owners, which I have very rarely seen.

Everything wrong with the club filters down from a passive, ambitionless owner who has no focus other than on the LA Rams.

And so predictably we've now entered the sack the manager phase so they can take the blame, any manager with half a brain would stay well clear of this messed up club, which is why I expect Vieira (if he's silly enough) because KSE will figure he will get sympathy for being an ex-player and that will take the heat off of them.

God help us.......

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Do you honestly think he cares?

His investment is worth less simply because we are not in the champions league, if that is not motivation enough, why should he care whether people turn up every week.

Long gone are the days when bums on seats actually meant something, you earn far more from TV rights nowadays.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Do you honestly think he cares?

His investment is worth less simply because we are not in the champions league, if that is not motivation enough, why should he care whether people turn up every week.

Long gone are the days when bums on seats actually meant something, you earn far more from TV rights nowadays.
Depends, if people are buying ST's but not turning up that is one thing, but I think they are at the stage now, certainly will be next season, where tickets go unsold, didn't the latest accounts show we dropped £20-30M in ticket money?.

Also it's a terrible sell to sponsors, they don't want images of a half-empty ground with their names on, so we end up with 2nd rate sponsors instead, meaning less money.

Sadly KSE have a history of owning 2nd rate sports 'franchises', I predicted we'd become one of them years ago, and nothing I've seen has changed my mind. Fiszman should be turning in his grave for what he's done to this club.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

This will cheers some up for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2byZj3oz3U

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 am
This will cheers some up for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2byZj3oz3U
Thanks for that - it did, but not as much as the memories of the Big John Radford days !!.
I'm afraid we may end up like the old Gunners enemy - Leeds, dead and gone to a league somewhere down below.
That game may well be the beginning of our slide down to the bottom 3. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Kroenke,'s other franchises may be mediocre but they make money .
If Arsenal starts losing money he will either have to invest more or sell up.
Alternatively he could bulldoze the Emirates and make a massive shopping mall and condos and relocate the club to Wembley or WHL .
One things for sure he wont let his Billion dollar investment in Arsenal go sour . Our sky high share price doesn't reflect the value of the club which is less than the 1.8 billion the shares would suggest. Kroenke has invested 1.1 billion in the club to gain control but whilst the share price seems high there might be billionaires prepared to pay over £2billion. Either way Stans quids in . Treble gins all round.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:22 pm
Again smith-rowe has looked promising since he came on - granted citeeh have eased off, but when the kid gets the ball he turns forward and tries to do something positive with it
Not sure what you were watching there augie..... the kid did nothing when he came on apart from one nice cameo right at the end. The ball hardly went near him. Ditto the useless Willock. But our worst player again was AM-N. This guy has nothing in his game. Can't pass, cant cross, can't go past the oppo, can't tackle, can't shoot, has no positional sense, and has a Bendtner-like first touch.

As for Ozil.... he was poor but apart from Martinelli and Leno he was still our best player by a country mile - THAT'S how shit we were. Our few decent passing moves all went through him. Also I don't blame him for the strop - getting hooked when Saka, Pepe, Boomerang, Dozer and AM-N were all still out there being absolutely beyond gash would wind anyone up. But ultimately he is not worth that 350k a week and no matter what anyone says Wenger is at fault for that.

But to put the blame for this team on Wenger is a stretch. In the 18 months Dick had them he actually made us worse defensively.

We all love Freddie but he is so far out of his depth it is frightening. Even as an interim he is not good enough. Someday he might make a good manager but it's not this day.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Fuck me sideways, some *word censored* on here blaming Freddie for this team ffs :roll:
Fuck off you prick. Freddie couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. He’s not even getting basics right and keeps picking the likes of Ozil and Xhaka.
There’s no excuse, he’s watched these c.unts for ages and still can’t get the basics. He’s not a good enough coach yet by ANY stretch of the imagination.
Ok lads none of us are happy and i am sure that we agree that we need a manager , so no more please.
Well said Shu.

Lads drop the personal abuse and insults please. You are all long term members here and no one wants to ban anyone but there are rules about this stuff. If you have an issue with another member please just block them.

We are all Gooners and we are all pissed off at the club but turning on each other achieves nothing but to make the forum a bit shitter for everyone else.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

I have took some distance from Arsenal this season. I was hyped as fuck when Emery was appointed and accepting the fact that he is going to fail was nearly too difficult to take. The mess we're in at the moment is gigantic and this match showed perfectly well how bad we are.

I can't even blame Freddie about this malaise we're currently in but FFS he has seen this team week in week out in training and in matches and he still keeps doing the same mistakes Emery did. How fucking difficult it is to try somenthing different is beyond me.

But, I still feel that most of our team is good enough to challenge top four. Not in this season anymore propably thou. The key is to get next manager appointment spot on and we need an experienced manager who can fix this mess quickly.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:41 pm
shu wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Fcuk him - he is a condescending patronising w.nker, who disrespects everyone whose opinions differ from his :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And up steps soft twat 2, it's like being tag teamed by the loose women :lol:

Oh and the fuckin irony :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I seen a video on Twitter of fans queuing at the turnstiles to leave at HT with some dickhead shouting at them "call yourselves Arsenal fans, your support is fucking shit". We are an absolute shitshow of a club, yet some people think blindly following is being a 'real fan'. This same guy probably spends his pre-match in the armory and then inside the stadium buys out the burger and beer stands, this is stan's no.1 customer. Any real fan at the moment is rightly pissed off at the club, not pretending everything is ok.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:18 am
shu wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Well said Shu.

Lads drop the personal abuse and insults please. You are all long term members here and no one wants to ban anyone but there are rules about this stuff. If you have an issue with another member please just block them.

We are all Gooners and we are all pissed off at the club but turning on each other achieves nothing but to make the forum a bit shitter for everyone else.
I blocked old nostradamus ages ago but he persists in insulting me when it's fuck all to do with him, he's more needy than a Kardashian on blob :roll: