G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

Post by The Arsenal Way »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 pm
Good on Freddie for calling out the w@nker board. Raul and co. are part of the problem but lets not fall into the Wenger trap again, they are symptoms of the KSE disease.

The whole stadium should be calling for Kroenke's head by now, the fact that isn't happening says it all really..

:censored:

Poor lad. I really feel for him.
We haven't hit rock bottom yet.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Poor lad. I really feel for him.
We haven't hit rock bottom yet.
Yeah I think that will be after the Chelsea and United games.. I think we'll be about 10th this season.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Applying blame to Freddie is ridiculous, he is clearly out of his depth but is in this position because of our incompetent board. They waited far too long to sack Emery and are fucking clueless at lining up a replacement. Why bother sacking Emery, when you have a complete managerial novice expected to run things for at least a month(if not much longer).

Clummo2019

Post by Clummo2019 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:52 pm
Applying blame to Freddie is ridiculous, he is clearly out of his depth but is in this position because of our incompetent board. They waited far too long to sack Emery and are fucking clueless at lining up a replacement. Why bother sacking Emery, when you have a complete managerial novice expected to run things for at least a month(if not much longer).
And no coaching staff to speak of! I feel for Freddie tbh. Poor sod could well find himself out of work too when the new regime finally arrive.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sounds like Freddie has realised he's being hung out to dry by the board. Is he too loyal to walk away from the club in its time if need?

This will ruin any hopes he has of making it as a manager. I feel like volunteering my services to help Freddie for free. I can put out cones, just like stewart Houston used to do, and I've got more managerial experience than Freddie ( and I'm not talking about football manager).

I reckon he was asking Pep to come and give him a hand in that chat they had at the end of the match. Imagine if pep walked into the arsenal dressing room, and called them a disgrace to the Arsenal badge. Someone needs to do it.

Time Freddie got on the phone to his former "double winning", "invincible" team mates to come to the training ground and whip these failing players into shape.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I do feel really sorry for Freddie, he has a bunch of useless overpaid, can’t be arsed pussies supported by a reasonably promising group of young players who are desperate for some help and support from good seasoned pro’s which isn’t going to happen.
However, if a coach can’t get basics right they shouldn’t be a coach. Freddie’s watched these players for so long yet picks the likes of Ozil, Xhaka and Kola (even when we had others options), and said things like he trusts the experienced players to get us out of the shit when they actually put us in it.
He has changed nothing tactically, we still don’t press, still play out from the back a lot, full backs constantly get caught out way upfield, players walking around showing no movement or desire, I could go on. The coach is the only guy who can change this, either by dropping people, bollocking them, motivating them, changing things on the training pitch etc etc. Freddie is a scapegoat, but people would be more behind him if he didn’t pick the same old shit every week. Smith-Rowe SHOULD play instead of Ozil, Xhaka shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team etc etc. Playing a front 3 with two wide clearly doesn’t work well with such a shit midfield and defence so change it!!

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:37 am
I do feel really sorry for Freddie, he has a bunch of useless overpaid, can’t be arsed pussies supported by a reasonably promising group of young players who are desperate for some help and support from good seasoned pro’s which isn’t going to happen.
However, if a coach can’t get basics right they shouldn’t be a coach. Freddie’s watched these players for so long yet picks the likes of Ozil, Xhaka and Kola (even when we had others options), and said things like he trusts the experienced players to get us out of the shit when they actually put us in it.
He has changed nothing tactically, we still don’t press, still play out from the back a lot, full backs constantly get caught out way upfield, players walking around showing no movement or desire, I could go on. The coach is the only guy who can change this, either by dropping people, bollocking them, motivating them, changing things on the training pitch etc etc. Freddie is a scapegoat, but people would be more behind him if he didn’t pick the same old shit every week. Smith-Rowe SHOULD play instead of Ozil, Xhaka shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team etc etc. Playing a front 3 with two wide clearly doesn’t work well with such a shit midfield and defence so change it!!

100% agree with this - yes he has been dropped in at the deep end, but he has made decisions (not mistakes) that have beyond belief, and nobody bar himself can be blamed for them.
If I'm being kind to ozil I would say he has long been a semi divisive figure, but if I am honest I will say that he has been a passenger in a team that cannot afford to carry any passengers, and his motivation seems to be at zero.
Xhaka hasn't been divisive at all cos all fans believe him to be sub-standard, and most hate him over his rant and lack of apology.
These were 2 players that had finally been shoved into the background, only to be brought back into the starting team by a guy who has witnessed first hand the negative effect they have had on the team and the atmosphere in general - Freddie has no excuses whatsoever on this, and this was either a 2 fingers up at emery stunt, or it was a play to get the big players on his side as he tries to win the job full time, but either way the decision has backfired on him. These were not decisions based on coaching, tactics, funding or a lack of options, so people should stop trying to make excuses for him cos if that is the level of his judgement of players, then the dog and duck pub team would be more his level

John F

Post by John F »

DeBruyne summed it up when he said they watched Arsenals past matches where they always push four up front and once you get through them then it is easy to go at the Arsenal defence as they do not get any help.If other players can spot our weaknesses then why can't our own management team?.It is just basic common sense to identity what's going wrong and put in tactics to stop it.Yes we have crap players but at least they could be more organised crap players.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:28 am
DeBruyne summed it up when he said they watched Arsenals past matches where they always push four up front and once you get through them then it is easy to go at the Arsenal defence as they do not get any help.If other players can spot our weaknesses then why can't our own management team?.It is just basic common sense to identity what's going wrong and put in tactics to stop it.Yes we have crap players but at least they could be more organised crap players.
Exactly they could make it more difficult for opposing teams...way to easy to just stroll through the middle of the park with barely a challenge

Arteta if he does take it has a hell of a challenge on his hands, wish him every success if he does take up the reins

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Good on Freddie for calling out the w@nker board. Raul and co. are part of the problem but lets not fall into the Wenger trap again, they are symptoms of the KSE disease.

The whole stadium should be calling for Kroenke's head by now, the fact that isn't happening says it all really..

Link Please? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

It's all over the interwebs mate. Google it. :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:37 am
Duncan Ferguson has had more impact in 2 games than Ljungberg has had in 5

There are as many changes to the team, squad, formation as there was under Emery, no change whatsoever in our defensive shape, and Xhaka firmly re-established as a main figure.

If he'd given more of the kids a chance and binned c.unts like Ozil, we'd all have more sympathy.....but he hasn't, so I haven't.

Clummo2019

Post by Clummo2019 »

Doubt you could get more disparate characters than Freddie and Big Dunc. I bet that has more to do with it than anything else. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

It's all over the interwebs mate. Google it. :wink:
What's Google ?? :?

:D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3rDWibbIw

Still love and respect Freddie and if anything seeing how the board have dropped him in it, he is doing his best with Honesty, Passion, Humility and Class. The latter being something that was a by-word for Arsenal. But under this owner though they have NO Class whatsoever.

Freddie!
Freddie!
Freddie!

FuckOFF KuntaKroenke