Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

mcdowell42

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by mcdowell42 »

Pep Guardiola confirms Arteta will be travelling with Manchester City for their clash against Oxford tomorrow. Also adds that Arteta is in talks with Arsenal and that he doesn't know what is going to happen.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:09 pm
Carlo Ancelotti agrees £14m Everton deal with bumper £2.5m bonus for keeping them in Premier League
And its rumoured Arsenal have offered Arteta 5 million. There is the reason for Arteta's appointment.
you got it mate....we are being mugged off by the owner and board...fucking disgrace the prices they are charging

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

give it a few years and we will be appointing Theo Walcott as manager :lol:

honestly I can't take the club seriously anymore.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 pm
John F wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Carlo Ancelotti agrees £14m Everton deal with bumper £2.5m bonus for keeping them in Premier League
And its rumoured Arsenal have offered Arteta 5 million. There is the reason for Arteta's appointment.
you got it mate....we are being mugged off by the owner and board...fucking disgrace the prices they are charging
and this is why there needs to be a full scale boycott of matches - the club are getting away with daylight robbery here!
who knows what money Stan Kroenke has already taken out of the club!

but they really need to know that the supporters will not allow themselves to be mugged off anymore.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 pm
John F wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
and this is why there needs to be a full scale boycott of matches - the club are getting away with daylight robbery here!
who knows what money Stan Kroenke has already taken out of the club!

but they really need to know that the supporters will not allow themselves to be mugged off anymore.
Thing is Rob, besides the cun.t taking his Annual Bonus, plus a whole load of other mines for invented reasons (all legal of course!) But he also uses Arsenal FC as a leverage for obtaining Massive loans on all his other business deals and ventures - Like the new Stadium in LA which has gone over-budget by 100's of Millions...

So should that or any of his other business ventures ( :roll: )go pear shaped we (AFC) could find ourselves in some VERY Serious shyte. Yes, even worse than our current utter feckin' Mess. :( :( :(

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:21 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:24 am
Arteta hasn't even got the job yet, and already the players are undermining him :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... perienced/
Would hope he stands by his word form that interview a few years ago when asked about how he'd be a as a manager -
My philosophy will be clear. I will have everyone 120 per cent committed, that’s the first thing. If not, you don’t play for me.
Fuck out every single one of the trouble makers and under-performers, bin the fucking lot of them.

Amen to that 8)

augie

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:30 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:15 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm
This is more relevant to us

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... tive-stage

Sensitive stage ?? Wtf does that mean ?? He is a rookie that has zero experience of managing any team, and no other club of our size would be willing to give the managers job to a guy only qualified in putting out cones, so he should be grateful to get the chance :roll: And as for the theory that he might take over from pep in the future :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

I'm not saying I want the guy as our new manager, but if he turns it down we will be back to square one and we need a manager now

Other message boards are saying it is done as of 1pm GMT
:?

Nothing on sky sports suggesting that it is done

Not sure if legit. Couple of forums quoting Arseblognews.
Ask your son. :D

https://twitter.com/arseblognews

Harsh :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:31 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rteta.html

Merson thinks it's a good idea :roll:

We'll be in the bottom 6 come mid January. I wonder when they'll offer Arteta his "keep us up" bonus??

Is that sarcasm ? Merse seems to be knocking the idea of appointing arteta there, and he sure as shit is against it on his sky sports article :?

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm
But he also uses Arsenal FC as a leverage for obtaining Massive loans on all his other business deals and ventures - Like the new Stadium in LA which has gone over-budget by 100's of Millions...
Any actual proof of this....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arseblog: #AFC have reached agreement with Arteta to be the new head coach, and are now negotiating with #MCFC over his compensation. Full story.
https://t.co/Of0PHJIjLi

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm
But he also uses Arsenal FC as a leverage for obtaining Massive loans on all his other business deals and ventures - Like the new Stadium in LA which has gone over-budget by 100's of Millions...
Any actual proof of this....
None that I'm aware of, nor of any further withdrawals from the club other than that first £3M to KSE about 5 years ago. They did the same £3M the year after but I don't think that payment was actualy made in the end. Both him and Josh can take about £250K pa in directors payments.

I see Ancelotti signed a 4 1/2 year deal with Everton which means £14M is quite a conservative salary for somebody of his experience.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Whist not my first or even 2nd or 3rd choice. If it is to be Arteta, then I will support him until I see good reason not to.
He seemed nailed on to get the job, prior to Emery appearing from nowhere and being hailed as a master tactician, meticulous in his planning and posessing a real attention to detail, wooing the board with his knowledge of the squad and his plans to build a team around Ramsey!
Well we all know how it turned out, a fucking car crash that was allowed to continue into a second season!
I would say the board have had to go cap in hand to Arteta, given that it appeared at the time that he had already been assured the job was his, only for the club to renege.
If he is to be appointed then, we should expect and accept nothing less than the following.
1. After 3 months, an indication that he is capable of doing the job!
2. By the end of the season, to have restored some pride in our performances and any player who hasn’t performed, to be put on the transfer list.
On Ancelotti? Mmmmm ! He hasn’t covered himself in glory recently and his best days may be behind him and could prove a very costly mistake.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Arteta stalling, would be the ultimate humiliation if he walks away .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Mikel Arteta have now reached a stage of negotiation where potential transfers are being discussed, with it now widely anticipated the former midfielder will take the job before the weekend. [@Independent]

markyp

Post by markyp »

Haven't posted for ages but for what it's worth really feel the need to right now.Arteta ,wtf!! How can he be the solution when he was a big part of the problem, just another overpaid ,underskilled individual who was never good enough for the club!part of Wenger's snowflake culture stealing a living! And to add insult to injury we will have to pay man city compensation for his services. City are larfin all the way to the bank, talk about being mugged off,mugged off by the champions, already superior to us in every department now taking the piss out of us, add to that ancelotti is available on a free,you couldn't make this shit up,im just so glad I contribute nothing financially to this cluster fuck and haven't for years.i think we are at the point now where we really need to properly get the ball rolling regards removing kreonke,we CAN do this,it needs all forums, Aftv ,everybody to designate a game or games where the fans dont turn up,if this is done for long enough wiggy will sell up,might take a season but an empty stadium removed wenger and emery,it can be done. missing out on pep,klopp,jose wasn't fate,it was always planned that after wenger we would have a no mark as manager,a yes man,somebody who costs very little and bows down to the kreonkes every wim,how the fuck do us supporters realise that this will back fire yet the morons running this club dont understand this? What dont they get? you cant put right a bad decision with another bad decision which is what we are doing!this will lead to another bad decision,our season will turn into a car crash.remember when we missed out on CL for the first time and how that felt well nothing is gonna compare to that feeling of relegation that we will have come March, this is real and its looming,we arent too big to go down and right now I think putting all the drama aside we are quite possibly one of the worst sides to ever grace the premier league,only time will tell but right now like so many our future is very very concerning and weighs heavy on my mind every single second of every day.we are no longer a football club but an internet meme
Last edited by markyp on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.