Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

northbank123

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by northbank123 »

Could not be getting this any more fucking wrong.

Arteta has won the lottery in the sense of walking into a massive job with completely inadequate experience. Somehow I still feel sorry for him, because he is on a hiding to nothing.

I don’t know if the main drive is that he is cheap, that he is easily attainable, that they think he will get slack from the fans because of his playing career or whether they genuinely think he will be innovative and ambitious. Frankly I don’t give a fuck. He’s blindingly obviously the wrong appointment. We 100% need some stability and experience, not a huge gamble based on a fucking interview process like the Apprentice.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Fat Sam for the love of fuck, have some of ye guys already gone on the beer for Xmas.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Sam fucking Allardyce. No words.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fat fucking Sam Allardyce? Fucking hell, isn't there enough money being taken out of the club by the owner in legal 'accountancy' means without having that corrupt, red-faced, sweaty-arm pitted northern *word censored* nicking more of it?

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Arteta would be a lose-lose appointment. Either he will turn out to be not up to the job, or if he does prove a decent punt and wins a few minor pots he will be whisked off to replace Pep within the next five years.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One of the biggest gripes I had when all the focus was on Wenger, was that I wouldn't trust anyone on our board to appoint the right man....and so it goes on. FFS - Mikel Arteta

Six younger managers than him have tried to manage in the PL......all six lost their jobs

He's an ex team mate of sick boy and yet he's supposedly now going to come in and transform him and the rest?

The most experienced managers in the world would find it nigh on impossible to get a response from these clowns, let alone a man who was captain under Lord Wenger's losing culture before playing second fiddle to the guy with the unlimited budget.

An absolutely unbelievably naive decision and one which will end in absolute disaster

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Fucking hell if Fat Sam is in the minds of some then I want 'Arry' and his tax dodging dog :wink:

Anyway I think they want Arteta because they want a malleable 'Head Coach' as opposed to a 'Manager', they want someone they can control and send out to coach the first team and have limited input on signings etc, Arteta being young and inexperienced is ideal for them.

Bare in mind there is a different structure to the club now, they have gone from OGL controlling everything to a bunch of petty little empire builders all wanting control of their own little parts of the club to justify all those new 'Director' roles, a more senior 'Manager' would want much greater input into things they dont want out of their own hands.

I wonder if the latter Wenger years and his obsessive megalomania has caused the club to vear too far the other way with too many opinions and viewpoints as opposed to too few under Wenger :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm
But he also uses Arsenal FC as a leverage for obtaining Massive loans on all his other business deals and ventures - Like the new Stadium in LA which has gone over-budget by 100's of Millions...
Any actual proof of this....
He has done this from day one of owning 100%. If you check out all the financial pages in F.T/Wall St Journal...it is common practce for businesses to operate this way..The Glaziers are Masters of that particular Dark Art...BUT so is Kroenke.

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/ ... llion.html

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm
Arteta would be a lose-lose appointment. Either he will turn out to be not up to the job, or if he does prove a decent punt and wins a few minor pots he will be whisked off to replace Pep within the next five years.
Christ if he did turn out to be a decent punt then losing him in 3 - 5 years to citeh is a price well worth paying.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal closing in on Manchester City double swoop with talent-spotter Sam Fagbemi set to join... as talks continue over Mikel Arteta becoming new boss | @SamiMokbel81_DM https://t.co/Xn1gRUmBmx https://t.co/xsYA2g3zGW

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:21 pm
Never really took to Arteta as a player and I certainly don't want him as manager. He reminds me of Martinez.

This bunch of lazy shirkers need a kick arse , drill sergeant type of manager, not a quiet, shrinking violet like Arteta. This will start badly and end even worse.

Easy for him to give advice to Pep when you are moving world class players around the field. What's he going to do with Chambers, Xhaka, Ozil.and the rest of our lazy mob?? Sweet FA is the answer.

But we'll have the obligatory "let's give him a chance" period. By the end of Jan, firmly stuck in 10th, the knives will be out........and the revolving door of managers will be well under way.

I weep for what was once AFC
Its rare I agree with every word that you say but you are right ,
The problem is that Raul wants to pull the strings from behind whilst being able to blame the coach if things don't go well.
The Manager wont be the manager he will be first team coach only ,IE he has no real power.
Emry had to deal with what he was given ,I doubt if he much input except for torreira !
Raul was responsible for the transfer dealings and bigged himself up but he hasn't bought well and whilst I think Pepe might yet make it, we needed bodies that could hit the ground running and we needed to rid ourselves of a lot of dross that drags us down and a prima donna that doesn't fit .
Instead we bought Pepe an unproven player ,a clown an injury plagued youngster a winger with no premier experience and someone we will only get next year and we let Ramsey go for zilch yet people lauded him !
His job at barca was admin and negotiations ,he wasn't a football man ,his boss has no idea how to run a football club whatsoever ,Edu knows Brazilian football but that's not the premiership, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king !
Our entire management system is rotten to the core so whoever comes in needs balls to sort the players out and be forceful with the management team as well.
Thus I cant see Raul appointing a high profile kick arse type of guy like Maureen,Ancelotti,or even Poch because they might expose him for the fraud he is !
Thus Arteta suits him fine ,he's Spanish and malleable after all Raul doesnt know anything except Spanish football !
It's a shame but Emrys severance package will be tied to a gagging order because I would love to know what the fuck was going on behind the scenes because I think it would anger and shock the fans !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:07 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm
Christ if he did turn out to be a decent punt then losing him in 3 - 5 years to citeh is a price well worth paying.
Yep somebody who leaves us in 2-3 years time in a considerably better position than we are now would be a fucking godsend.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Arsenal closing in on Manchester City double swoop with talent-spotter Sam Fagbemi set to join... as talks continue over Mikel Arteta becoming new boss | @SamiMokbel81_DM https://t.co/Xn1gRUmBmx https://t.co/xsYA2g3zGW

Ah stop - we are bringing in a guy whose previous job required him going out and finding the best players to sign regardless of cost, and now asking him to sign players that cost less than an old fort cortina :roll: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:46 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Ah stop - we are bringing in a guy whose previous job required him going out and finding the best players to sign regardless of cost, and now asking him to sign players that cost less than an old fort cortina :roll: :lol: :lol:
Mr Magoo could have spotted that Jonny Evans at £3m was better value than Sokratis at £17m