Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

mcdowell42

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta could be installed as head coach by the end of the week after two rounds of talks with his old club. Arteta has been told only limited funds will be available to him in January, with the club’s priority a clear-out of its high-earning flops. [@pbsportswriter]

Arsenal were listening to offers for both Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi last summer and still want both players moved on. But they are not the only ones available.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Anyone else think it's entirely plausible that Arteta will someone get injured sitting on the Man City bench against Oxford and the deal will fall though? Wouldn't really be Arsenal without an injury and a broken-down deal, would it?

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:00 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm
But he also uses Arsenal FC as a leverage for obtaining Massive loans on all his other business deals and ventures - Like the new Stadium in LA which has gone over-budget by 100's of Millions...
Any actual proof of this....
He has done this from day one of owning 100%. If you check out all the financial pages in F.T/Wall St Journal...it is common practce for businesses to operate this way..The Glaziers are Masters of that particular Dark Art...BUT so is Kroenke.

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/ ... llion.html
Admittedly I only skimmed read the article but I don't see Arsenal mentioned at all.

I repeat, any evidence this is leveraged against The Arsenal??

His wife owns Walmart and is worth way more than him and the Rams are/were worth twice what we are.
Last edited by NickF on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:23 am

I repeat, any evidence this is leveraged against The Arsenal?? Simply based on the fact that the Rams are/were worth twice what we are?
Why the f*ck are you trying to defend wiggy?.

No wonder this club is in such a state.......

:banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:34 am
NickF wrote:

I repeat, any evidence this is leveraged against The Arsenal?? Simply based on the fact that the Rams are/were worth twice what we are?

I'm not but I would just like fact rather made up BS. I follow US sports especially NFL so I am a little more clued up and will question crap.

As I said to you 3 to 4 years ago during the protests, unless someone had 2bn to spare to buy him out, he isn't going anywhere (sadly).

herbert

Post by herbert »

Arteta and Santi?

the dream team, I hope Santi brings his boots :D

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

herbert wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:49 am
Arteta and Santi?

the dream team, I hope Santi brings his boots :D

Plus Alonso :D
Daily rag reckons it's a 3 1/2 yr deal @ 5mill p/a

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/17/arsene-w ... -11919671/

Well that's a relief, an endorsement from the wrecker in chief.

Funny how he didn't want Arteta to stay on his coaching staff but now he's happy for him to come back. I bet Wenger sees this as an Ole/Ferguson type relationship hoping Arteta will be asking for his input.

Just waiting now for John Cross to make his appearance.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:34 am
NickF wrote:

How is that defending wiggy?

Have you (or anyone) got evidence he's leveraged us? He hasn't - from everything I've read.

Wiggy is a cùnt but the truth is still the truth.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Anyone else think it's entirely plausible that Arteta will someone get injured sitting on the Man City bench against Oxford and the deal will fall though? Wouldn't really be Arsenal without an injury and a broken-down deal, would it?
Here's hoping.......how on earth can your first managerial gig be at a club the size of Arsenal??And a club that is in a complete and utter state. I don't think any.manager on the planet can do anything with this current squad as a lot of them are just not good enough. I don't mean for us, they aren't good enough for the PL full stop.

I wonder if Arteta will listen to Wenger at all, he can't exactly go to Pep for advice can he. Hopefully Wenger will show him how to get the best out of Xhaka and Ozil.........

As for moving players on in this window, I hope that our board are prepared to take some serious hits, nobody is exactly queuing up to buy them.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Looks like this period has fucked up Freddies Managerial career with Arteta wanting to bring his own people in.

Out of pure desperation please can we get Vieira in, if he does nothing else he can throttle that wanker Ozil and maintain his status as club legend no matter what happens.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:06 am
Looks like this period has fucked up Freddies Managerial career with Arteta wanting to bring his own people in.

Out of pure desperation please can we get Vieira in, if he does nothing else he can throttle that wanker Ozil and maintain his status as club legend no matter what happens.
I thought Viera was in the running for the job itself, can't see him working under Arteta?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

I thought Viera was in the running for the job itself, can't see him working under Arteta?
Viera is hardly pulling up trees in the French league and he publicly backed that *word censored* after he disrespected the support and club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:53 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Here's hoping.......how on earth can your first managerial gig be at a club the size of Arsenal??And a club that is in a complete and utter state. I don't think any.manager on the planet can do anything with this current squad as a lot of them are just not good enough. I don't mean for us, they aren't good enough for the PL full stop.

I wonder if Arteta will listen to Wenger at all, he can't exactly go to Pep for advice can he. Hopefully Wenger will show him how to get the best out of Xhaka and Ozil.........

As for moving players on in this window, I hope that our board are prepared to take some serious hits, nobody is exactly queuing up to buy them.
Lets not delay the inevitable....bring back Wenger.....

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Doesn't seem right Vieira being a number 2 to Arteta, does it?