Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Unai Emery

Post by A11M11 »

Emery being linked with Everton .

Now that would be interesting.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:20 pm
Perhaps if the board hadn't let Ramsey and Alexis run their contracts down we might have bagged £100m to rebuild a defence that looks the worst in the league. Maybe if the previous cock hadn't tied our biggest underachiever to a massive £350k per week contract we could have signed three players within that budget

The only way we will ever go back to being a CL team again is if it is someone with a completely different mindset who can pull off a Leicester style miracle. We will be consistently outspent by the likes of Wolves and Everton and as we can see in the case of the former we are behind them, and in the case of the latter once they appoint a decent manager and supply him with the funds wasted by Silva it is only a matter of time before they do

One day we will realise that Emery wasn't so bad. I wonder how many managers it will take before that happens
This is still my pet hate....the amount of money TOF was allowed to piss up the wall coupled with the mismangement of contracts is fu.cking scandalous. How the fu.ck he was allowed to get nothing for Ramsey, no money for Sanchez but somehow we got the Armenian pussy, for paying out £70M for the dynamic duo who wouldn't fetch £20M betweeen them now and of course THAT salary. We really have allowed the best part of £200M to be wasted. Why are we buying shit like Luiz.....there's your answer.

Then we have the whole Pepe thing (he actually looked a bit better against Brighton I thought) - who actually sanctioned that signing, We have a couple of kids who need to be blooded as wide men but a nervous/dodgy game or two and they are written off as shit. If we want to try and rebalance the team then we need to be begging Barca and RM to pay stupid money for bellend and one of the strikers. Then use that money to buy a defence....who I'd trust to do that I have no idea but if we keep buying reject CBs we are going nowhere.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Apparently Emery wanted Zaha cos of his PL experience but they opted for Pepe because he was younger.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Does that mean we can have BIG DUNC to come in a punch a few of our snowflakes :D :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:12 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Does that mean we can have BIG DUNC to come in a punch a few of our snowflakes :D :barscarf:
Perhaps Duncan Disorderly and TA6 as a double act. You'd have players refusing to go in to the changing rooms at half time. Ozil last seen slinking off through the west stand to go home after the match :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Everton have made contact with Unai Emery. Arsenal would be saved a big compensation bill if Emery made an immediate return to management in the Premier League. [@Matt_Law_DT]

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50865120
Unai Emery says Arsenal are making "a good decision" by appointing Mikel Arteta to replace him as manager.

Emery, 48, was sacked last month after an 18-month spell in charge ended with a seven-game winless run.

Manchester City assistant boss Arteta was announced as the new Gunners boss on Friday."He really is prepared to make that next jump," said Emery.

"He has been at Arsenal before, he's been in the Premier League and he has been working with Pep Guardiola. I do believe this is a good decision and I would also like it to be a good decision."
He's a class act is Unai. :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:32 pm
Unai Emery says Arsenal are making "a good decision" by appointing Mikel Arteta to replace him as manager.

Emery, 48, was sacked last month after an 18-month spell in charge ended with a seven-game winless run.

Manchester City assistant boss Arteta was announced as the new Gunners boss on Friday."He really is prepared to make that next jump," said Emery.

"He has been at Arsenal before, he's been in the Premier League and he has been working with Pep Guardiola. I do believe this is a good decision and I would also like it to be a good decision."
Agreed SG. He is.

I was just about to post that link but being in Australia you're always gonna be ahead of me :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Clash wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:35 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Agreed SG. He is.

I was just about to post that link but being in Australia you're always gonna be ahead of me :lol:
:D

It's Saturday 1:43 am just been refreshing the official site for confirmation for the last couple of hours.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ultimately Dick was not up to the job but I always thought he was a very likeable character. That latest statement from him is classy. 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Always said i never liked his coaching style but he is well out of it here, and yes it is a bit of class in wishing his replacement well. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Look forward to Arteta taking this team 22 games unbeaten in his first five months at the club, and getting us to a major final

Sincerely hope Emery stays in this country and backed by a decent owner goes on to show what he can do

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When Emery was fired we were 8th - Played 13, Won 4 Drawn 6 Lost 3 GD -1. 8 points off the top four, 8 points clear from bottom three

Roll the clock forward a month - Position 12th. Played 20 Won 5 Drawn 9 Lost 6 GD -4. 11 points off the top four, 6 points above the relegation zone

All gone rather well hasn't it

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm
When Emery was fired we were 8th - Played 13, Won 4 Drawn 6 Lost 3 GD -1. 8 points off the top four, 8 points clear from bottom three

Roll the clock forward a month - Position 12th. Played 20 Won 5 Drawn 9 Lost 6 GD -4. 11 points off the top four, 6 points above the relegation zone

I hear you Steve and I too really wanted it to work out with Emery.

Had he won the EL last season and/or made top 4 he probably would have still been here right now. He's only got himself to blame for losing the fan base the way he did at the end.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm

I hear you Steve and I too really wanted it to work out with Emery.

Had he won the EL last season and/or made top 4 he probably would have still been here right now. He's only got himself to blame for losing the fan base the way he did at the end.
People on here wanted change, they got change, and the simple facts are that we've been worse since he left

Those same people are now saying, it doesn't matter who the manager is, the club is rotten to the core, the owner is a c.unt, the players are spineless and uncoachable etc. By the way, I don't disagree with any of those comments......just find it interesting that when Arteta or Freddie lose games it's because of one of those factors. When Emery lost a game it was because he was a clueless c.unt. If people actually went back and read the posts they were putting up in November when we lost games compared to the last couple of games the contrast is amazing

If we'd have picked up 1 point from those 2 games against Chavs and Bournemouth the insults towards Emery would have been incredible. There would be no mention of uncoachable players or the shit c.unts that run the club. If we lose to Man Ure, no doubt it will be poor Mikel......great progress.....not his fault etc

If anyone thought less than one and a half seasons was enough for Emery to turn round a DECADE of underachievement, then they are fucking clueless. Season one wasn't his team and the few new additions that did come in under his tenure - Leno, Sokratis (the one of last season not this), Guendouzi and some of the younger lads - were considered to be the better players in the team. He still didn't have anywhere near enough time to sort the worst defence in the league and that problem has since been passed down to the next 2 managers......and believe me there will be a 3rd before the end of next season who inherits the issue. Wenger wasted almost £200m on shit players, left us with one of the highest wage bills in world football at the same time as dropping out of the CL for a second year and allowed every half decent player to run down his contract. Emery nearly pulled off the impossible getting these tarts into the top 4 and winning a major trophy. If Arteta tops that within his first 12 months, I will stand corrected and happily say so on here