What a shit decade (best/worst) merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

What a shit decade (best/worst) merged thread

Post by SydneyGooner »

Best Player: Sanchez
Best Signing: Cazorla
Best Goal: Wilshere vs Norwich
Favourite Game: Beating Barcelona 2:1 at the Emirates
Favourite Moment: 20th April 2018 Wenger told to fuck off at the end of the season.

Sadly as I predicted back in 2015 this would be the first time since the 60's in which we would go a whole decade without winning a league title in our glorious history. The FA Cups were great but bitter-sweet at the same time because they only bought Wenger time he didn't deserve.

SteveO 35

Re: What a shit decade

Post by SteveO 35 »

I started the decade wanting Shit for Brains sacked (in fact straight after the clown allowed the 08/09 team split up) and didn't realise it would take almost the entire decade for the useless c.unt to finally get his cards

Also had Kroenke on the board for most of it too

Enough said really

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The FA Cup final against Hull was brilliant, to win a trophy and get that off our back.

The remainder of the decade was just constant frustration, on and off the pitch. Looking at where we were 10 years ago we should never have let Wenger run things down as badly as he did and leave this mess.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oops wrong thread :oops:

Ernie71

The Best and the Worst of the Decade

Post by Ernie71 »

Best

1. Szczesny
2. Sagna
3. Monreal
4. Fabregas
5. Mertersacker
6 Koscielny
7 .Sanchez
8. Ramsey
9 Aubameyang
10 RVP
11 Cazorla

Worst:

1.Almunia
2.Debuchy
3.Santos
4 .Mustafi
5.Squillaci
6.Elneny
7.Perez
8. Xhaka
9. Sanogo
10. Chamakh
11. Gervinho

SteveO 35

Re: The Best and the Worst of the Decade

Post by SteveO 35 »

Glory days!

Silvestre and Park must start !

Clash

Post by Clash »

Its quite strange how a club like Newcastle look at the 1950s as a golden era because they won 3 FA cups - while I can only look at the 2010s (where we also won 3 FA Cups) as a miserable period. But the FA Cup has been massively devalued from that period and both the 2014 and 2017 FA Cup wins are tainted for me. They saved Wenger's job when getting him out had become far more important than winning a trophy.

If only he had had the decency and self-awareness to step down in 2014 after winning the cup he might have regained some respect after an awful few year but oh no ... :roll:

As SteveO says, the decade started with Wenger needing to go. And the fact he almost saw out the whole decade while absolutely nothing improved, is a massive reason we're currently in the state we are in.

No title challenge,
No run to the latter stages of the CL.
Some loathsome players
Some of the most tedious football I have ever witnessed in my life
Some disgraceful transfer business both in and out
More humiliations in one decade than the previous 10 decades!

Please let me wake up in 2009 and realise the last 10 years were all a bad dream!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Best

1. Szczesny
2. Sagna
3. Monreal
4. Fabregas
5. Mertersacker
6 Koscielny
7 .Sanchez
8. Ramsey
9 Aubameyang
10 RVP
11 Cazorla

Worst:

1.Almunia
2.Debuchy
3.Santos
4 .Mustafi
5.Squillaci
6.Elneny
7.Perez
8. Xhaka
9. Sanogo
10. Chamakh
11. Gervinho

The fact that the big German Coward makes your team of ten decade speaks volumes for the shitness of our defence over the decade.

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:01 pm

The fact that the big German Coward makes your team of ten decade speaks volumes for the shitness of our defence over the decade.
Yep and I would include Koscielny in that too.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Some lowlights of the decade:
Beaten by Birmingham in the league cup final

Beaten 8-2, 6-0, 5-1

Selling our best player to United because Ferguson had a chat on the phone with Wanker

Knocked out of the CL in the last 16, 7 seasons in a row.

Wanker blaming fans for defeats and defending high ticket prices.

PHW - "thank you for taking an interest in our affairs"

A shit decade, although the FA cups were nice

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Worst moment was the 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford and the look of almost pity Ferguson gave Wenger at fulltime. Ferguson should have hated Wenger,he did when Wenger was relevant but Ferguson seemed to get no real satisfaction from the 8-2.
Best signing was Santi Cazorla..Worst signing was Granite Xhaka. Best moment probably winning FA Cup in 2014 or the win v Barcelona.
But overall it was a dreadful decade , the demise of Arsenal FC as a power with owners who neither understood or cared unfolded before our eyes.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Best player Sanchez/PEA
Worst player, lets not kid ourselves, the amount of duds means its hard to pinpoint one
Best signing PEA
Best moment - loved wining the FA Cup in 2017 beating City in the semi and then Chelsea in the final. Had a better feeling that beating Hull or Aston Villa.
Worst moment was not winning the league the year Leicester City won it. Thats when any hope escaped me. City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool all tripped and we still couldn't win it.

Every year standards declined & there was no real desire to insist on improvement. A decade of malaise has finally caught up with us where we are 12th and starting down the barrel of a mid table finish, which could become a recurring theme unless drastic action is taken. The clubs hierarchy are still in denial & the problems run much deeper than the manager.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

But as Sky have just reminded us for the 50th time today, we're entering a new decade.........

......and on day 1 of it we have the chance to set a new club record of having lost 5 consecutive home games for the first time in the club's entire history

I hope RedAction are looking forward to the start of this one because if the wig wearing c.unt remains at the helm, I have no doubt that we will be a Championship club (yo yo West Ham club at best), long before the end of this decade

Sell up and fuck off you horrible, odious, useless c.unt

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:20 am

I hope RedAction are looking forward to the start of this one because if the wig wearing c.unt remains at the helm, I have no doubt that we will be a Championship club (yo yo West Ham club at best), long before the end of this decade

seconded.

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:20 am

This should be printed on tshirts and put on all the seats at the Emirates for the fans to wear.