Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:23 pm
Seriously the negativeity around this place just proves that most of you are just a bunch of moaning old women,youd moan if you were given a million quid! No improvement? You having a laugh? Can you not see what Arteta has done in a short space of time? today was admittedly a below par performance but ffs we played with 10 men away and came away with a point in awful conditions,are you honestly expecting us to be playing like liverpool right now? if you cant see that the defence is more organised or we arent giving the opposition anytime on the ball then I give up, for me considering what arteta is working with the only thing that's not quite clicking is the front 3 otherwise for a team made up of useless knuts artetas doing wonders for just 5 games .I for one didnt want him anywhere near our club but even I can see a massive improvement and give him a couple of windows and we will be challenging again.in the mean time I suggest most of you lot go and find another sport to follow as it seems you've just given up lock stock and barrel on arsenal and cant be happy EVER!

Today was below par. Last Monday night was a disgrace. The second have against the chavs was poor. The entire game against a Bournemouth team that had lost 8 in 9 was dire. Tell me again where the improvement is :? I think even you will admit that the fixture list arteta has had since joining has been generous, and that makes the run of results look worse imo

We arent giving the opposition any time on the ball ?? I think you mean that Torreira isn't giving the opposition any time on the ball, cpos the rest of the c.unts haven't improved one jot in that regard

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Cannon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:54 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:42 pm
The number one priority should have been to get rid of the players who didn't want to be here - wasn't that his big statement at the press conference ? He had a player that the fans hated that wanted to leave the club, and had a german club willing to pay decent money to buy him, but this arrogant cock decides to keep him and boast about it from the rooftops :roll: :oops: :oops:
Now people seem to think its fine Arteta gives a clean slate to a bloke he must have (should have) watched dozens of times and already known about it
can you not read or should i repeat myself a third time? i don't think anyone is okay with xhaka being given another chance but that's how it works under a new manager.

what do you want us to do? protest and get banners out and totally disrupt the mood under the new manager?
Calm down Shirley/ Its not the 1950s. Video footage and endless statistics exist for every minute of every game Xhaka has played for us. Supposedly these super coaches turn up with a dossier on every single player. The days of a clean slate was when you couldn't judge a player because you hadn't watched him....or is Arteta arrogant enough to think he's the man who can turn that lumbering, dollop of shit into something special? If he does, then he's even more out of his depth than I thought to start with. There are managers out there who would be brave enough, confident enough and experienced enough to bomb the c.unt out of the door in this transfer window. Clean slate my arse

augie

Post by augie »

Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
The number one priority should have been to get rid of the players who didn't want to be here - wasn't that his big statement at the press conference ? He had a player that the fans hated that wanted to leave the club, and had a german club willing to pay decent money to buy him, but this arrogant cock decides to keep him and boast about it from the rooftops :roll: :oops: :oops:
Now people seem to think its fine Arteta gives a clean slate to a bloke he must have (should have) watched dozens of times and already known about it
can you not read or should i repeat myself a third time? i don't think anyone is okay with xhaka being given another chance but that's how it works under a new manager.

what do you want us to do? protest and get banners out and totally disrupt the mood under the new manager?

Let me point out AGAIN, arteta said at his unveiling as manager that any player who didn't want to be in the club would not be kept - within 2 weeks xhaka went to arteta and told him that he wants to leave, and not alone did he refuse to sell him, but he has made him one of his main players in the team :roll: When you talk big and tough and then don't display the bollox to back it up, it makes you look like a total spineless c.unt .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm
markyp wrote:
Seriously the negativeity around this place just proves that most of you are just a bunch of moaning old women,youd moan if you were given a million quid! No improvement? You having a laugh? Can you not see what Arteta has done in a short space of time? today was admittedly a below par performance but ffs we played with 10 men away and came away with a point in awful conditions,are you honestly expecting us to be playing like liverpool right now? if you cant see that the defence is more organised or we arent giving the opposition anytime on the ball then I give up, for me considering what arteta is working with the only thing that's not quite clicking is the front 3 otherwise for a team made up of useless knuts artetas doing wonders for just 5 games .I for one didnt want him anywhere near our club but even I can see a massive improvement and give him a couple of windows and we will be challenging again.in the mean time I suggest most of you lot go and find another sport to follow as it seems you've just given up lock stock and barrel on arsenal and cant be happy EVER!

Today was below par. Last Monday night was a disgrace. The second have against the chavs was poor. The entire game against a Bournemouth team that had lost 8 in 9 was dire. Tell me again where the improvement is :? I think even you will admit that the fixture list arteta has had since joining has been generous, and that makes the run of results look worse imo

We arent giving the opposition any time on the ball ?? I think you mean that Torreira isn't giving the opposition any time on the ball, cpos the rest of the c.unts haven't improved one jot in that regard
Lower win ratio, less points per game, less goals scored per game. The simple truth about the 9 games since Dick left. People can dress up whatever perceived improvement they like......the simple facts show we have got worse

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:05 pm
12 points away from safety :barscarf:
8 points...14 off the basement floor :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 pm
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

Calm down Shirley/ Its not the 1950s. Video footage and endless statistics exist for every minute of every game Xhaka has played for us. Supposedly these super coaches turn up with a dossier on every single player. The days of a clean slate was when you couldn't judge a player because you hadn't watched him....or is Arteta arrogant enough to think he's the man who can turn that lumbering, dollop of shit into something special? If he does, then he's even more out of his depth than I thought to start with. There are managers out there who would be brave enough, confident enough and experienced enough to bomb the c.unt out of the door in this transfer window. Clean slate my arse
you're not being realistic. if you're expecting arteta to come in and disrupt the squad by dropping players before even giving them a chance then you're being irrational. klopp gave the likes of mignolet and karius a plethora of opportunities before they got the chop, pep did the same with demichelis, that's what happens under a new manager. arteta is giving xhaka a chance and it wouldn't be any different if allegri or ancelotti had come in.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Cannon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

you're not being realistic. if you're expecting arteta to come in and disrupt the squad by dropping players before even giving them a chance then you're being irrational. klopp gave the likes of mignolet and karius a plethora of opportunities before they got the chop, pep did the same with demichelis, that's what happens under a new manager. arteta is giving xhaka a chance and it wouldn't be any different if allegri or ancelotti had come in.
How comes Ancelotti got shot of Cenk Tosun within a week then?

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

Let me point out AGAIN, arteta said at his unveiling as manager that any player who didn't want to be in the club would not be kept - within 2 weeks xhaka went to arteta and told him that he wants to leave, and not alone did he refuse to sell him, but he has made him one of his main players in the team :roll: When you talk big and tough and then don't display the bollox to back it up, it makes you look like a total spineless c.unt .
it depends what you believe really. i also read that arteta told xhaka to his face that he wants him to stay and sees him as a key player but is planning to replace him behind his back. over the past week we've been linked with a few CM's and journo's have come out and said we are thinking about buying a CM so arteta could well be planning to strengthen that area.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:39 pm
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

And is already trying to get rid of the mackem clown in the everton goals ? Two weeks into the job and already assessed his players, whilst arteta (who has been in this league for years) still cant be expected to made a decision on players that he has seen many times :roll:

rich31

Post by rich31 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 pm
Just like when any new manager gets appointed, we all want him to do well but I seriously think people are seeing what they want to see

When Emery left, Freddie had a chance to create the bounce......and there wasn't one. We won one game - producing 15 mins decent football at West Ham - despite playing Norwich, Brighton, Standard Liege and a managerless Everton. I'll forgive him the Man City trouncing. We showed no improvement in any of those games

Since then we have drawn 1-1 at Bournemouth who have been getting walloped left, right and centre, lost to Chelsea having played woefully from the minute Lampard made the one big change after 35 minutes, beat Man U in our one decent performance since he took over, before 45 minutes of the worst football I've seen all season against a Championship side and scraping a 1-0 win. Then today - which was a piss poor game against a Palace team playing Kelly, Cahill, Tomkins and Riedewald at the back.

People say we're not conceding the same number of chances - watch the first half of the Leeds game

People say we look more dynamic - today was as flat as a pancake long before the sending off

People say he's getting a tune out of certain players - well the same usual lazy fuckers away from home (Lacazette, Ozil, Pepe) all looked absolutely shite today again

Today was every bit as awful as anything in Dick's one and a bit years. We can't beat Bournemouth or Palace away - that's like Wenger's last season

Lacazette does an awful lot of closing down,chasing and running off the ball whlst also getting little service.Its a thankless task i dont think he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as ozil when it comes to laziness.
Anyway ,like others have said the negativity on here is sad really.I see small improvements in defence and work rate and position wise as well as an improved desire and togetherness.

I believe under Emery we would have lost to leeds but whatever Arteta did/said at half time resulted in a win and if a manager sees the problem and helps rectify it then to me thats alot better than the years of watching us crumble, whilst our managers look on powerless and clueless without any answers,These are very early days and anyone fully backing Arteta or writing him off is premature to say the least!

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

that's a completely different situation. tosun was sold because he's well down the pecking order and surplus to requirements as everton have 3 other strikers ahead of him.

augie

Post by augie »

Obviously my anger and frustration must have distracted me today, but is it possible that xhaka was captain today after auba was sent off ??? Seen a photo on one of the newspaper websites, but surely it cant of happened ?? :shock: :shock:

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm
markyp wrote:

Palace had 3 shots,not an improvement? Ok then augie what are you expecting right now from this team bearing in mind how dog shit we were up until about 3 weeks ago,go on tell me what you expect?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:43 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:

And is already trying to get rid of the mackem clown in the everton goals ? Two weeks into the job and already assessed his players, whilst arteta (who has been in this league for years) still cant be expected to made a decision on players that he has seen many times :roll:
The difference between an experienced manager with the conviction in his decision making, as opposed to a novice who is going to try convincing himself that he can turn this group of clowns into a great team

Painful watching the level of mismanagement. Ancelotti manager of a team who have spent most of the past 30 years being also rans, whilst we hired a novice, learning on the job.

augie

Post by augie »

Cannon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:46 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Cannon wrote:

that's a completely different situation. tosun was sold because he's well down the pecking order and surplus to requirements as everton have 3 other strikers ahead of him.

Prior to today, tosun has been in their matchday squad in 6 of their last 7 games - hardly well down the pecking order wouldn't you agree ? :rubchin: