VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: VAR

Post by northbank123 »

And that is ultimately the test of VAR and why it will never work. Ignoring the stupid offside calls, will they have the balls to call out diving cheats and dirty bastards in big moments?

Will they fuck!

Mane’s massive dive against Leicester to win the game in the last minute, never in danger of being overturned and VAR does nothing to stop the constant stream of Liverpool attackers being breathed towards and throwing themselves on the floor to win a penalty at Sanford.

Robertson’s shocker today.

They got Aubameyang’s 100% right, which just undermines the fact that they aren’t willing to do the same for the likes of Liverpool. Would rather be wanking themselves off drawing lines across a screen to see if somebody’s stubble might be offside or to see if the ball brushed a fingernail 30 seconds before a goal.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Alleged best league in the world. Shocking set of officials. Should be proactive in changing VAR for better but will be a shocking season with changes made once Liverpool are crowned. Will be a programme on sky sports in May for worst 20 VAR decisions. At the moment Sokratis disallowed goal is heading that.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:27 pm
My issue with VAR's red card decision for Aubameyang today is that sooner or later the same foul won't be a red card after a VAR review. And some pundit/ref will agree with it then contradicting himself because he agreed the opposite today.
Well it was sooner Robertson's foul on the new Spud right back resulted in a throw in to Liverpool. I'm sure Dermot Gallagher on RefWatch on SSN tomorrow will vindicate Robertson, that's if they even mention it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Amusing to see Sky saying nothing about City fans chanting “FUCK VAR” repeatedly.

Any other time there is half a suggestion that people at home might be able to discern a swear word, they feel the need to “apologise to the viewers at home if they might have heard some colourful language”.

The word fuck was blaring through the Tv but they didn’t want to draw more attention to the anti-VaR agenda. The TV broadcasters are the only ones who win from VAR because it makes sitting on your sofa watching Sky THE place to watch football as you’ll actually know what’s going on.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So this image has come to light from the few kick that led to the Palace equaliser yesterday.

The kind of goal that has been chalked off time and time again this season because the attacker’s fingers are offside. Lines go across, dots gets drawn and the goal gets disallowed.

Now whether or not you think decisions like that are complete horse shit (I do) that’s what has happened consistently this season......but not yesterday obviously :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 pm
So this image has come to light from the few kick that led to the Palace equaliser yesterday.

The kind of goal that has been chalked off time and time again this season because the attacker’s fingers are offside. Lines go across, dots gets drawn and the goal gets disallowed.

Now whether or not you think decisions like that are complete horse shit (I do) that’s what has happened consistently this season......but not yesterday obviously :roll:

Of more concern to me is what the fuck is Xhaka, Guendozi, and all doing ? They are grouped together, not marking anyone, and letting Palace players go in behind them completely unchallenged.

Who the fuck organises them lining up for opposition free kicks ?

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart, a bigger concern is why would kolasniac be giving 20+ yards of space to the palace winger to receive and cross the ball, and why he made no effort to close down the cross. This fool has absolutely no defensive nous at all :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What are they doing?

Ball watching obvs 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 pm
Stuart, a bigger concern is why would kolasniac be giving 20+ yards of space to the palace winger to receive and cross the ball, and why he made no effort to close down the cross. This fool has absolutely no defensive nous at all :roll:
Augie, point noted, sorry mate, what I meant to get across was that only 3 of our players, Luiz, Sokratis and Naitland-Miles are actually in a decent position (and N-M has 2 opponents ) it should have been more specific but that snapshot just typifies our lack of defensive structure across the board.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Guess what team in the league have been screwed out of the most points by incompetent reffing?

Hardly a surprise when you see what goes on in our games :roll:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-pre ... kiest-team

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am
Guess what team in the league have been screwed out of the most points by incompetent reffing?

And yet we are told VAR was meant to bring an end to refereeing mistakes costing teams points :roll: It is just a different and more tedious time consuming way of seeing the same inconsistencies we've always seen. That pic you posted above proves VAR is a load of bollocks because the Palace goal was not put under that sort of scrutiny at the time. Why the hell not when so many other goals have been?

As for the red card - if the ref had given red and VAR backed him up then I could just about accept it ... but to change the initial yellow to a red when it was clearly not a malicious tackle was a joke! Aubameyang was stretching for the ball and then extended his leg further. Although it caught the Palace player badly it was quite clear that it was just unfortunate and that a yellow was correct :banghead:

And did anyone hear that weak-minded idiot Peter Walton? He is the ex-referee who is the resident ''expert'' that BT Sport always turn to for his expert analysis of decisions. But all he does is agree with whatever decision is made :roll: Shockingly obvious on Saturday when he initially said yellow was correct and then when it was changed to red he agreed with that too. Absolute waste of time asking that prick anything!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:

Must admit I thought the boy at the top was offside by a couple of mm when I saw the replay so was genuinely gobsmacked that is wasn't given in the current climate. But then again had the victims been the defending team what odds on a different decision.

Ref watch on SSN today and Dermot Gallagher was saying that the Auba tackle was defo a red whereas the Robertson challenge wasn't as bad and therefore a yellow. Then he tried to defend this by saying Robertson got the ball first. Last week he was saying that it didn't matter if you got the ball first if the follow through was dangerous.

Refs are a bunch of pri.cks, it doesn't matter what you give them, they will fuck it up as it's just who they are. Somebody could invent a 100% failsafe system to get decisions right and they would still fu.ck it up or probably just ignore it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Must admit I thought the boy at the top was offside by a couple of mm when I saw the replay so was genuinely gobsmacked that is wasn't given in the current climate. But then again had the victims been the defending team what odds on a different decision.

Ref watch on SSN today and Dermot Gallagher was saying that the Auba tackle was defo a red whereas the Robertson challenge wasn't as bad and therefore a yellow. Then he tried to defend this by saying Robertson got the ball first. Last week he was saying that it didn't matter if you got the ball first if the follow through was dangerous.

Refs are a bunch of pri.cks, it doesn't matter what you give them, they will fuck it up as it's just who they are. Somebody could invent a 100% failsafe system to get decisions right and they would still fu.ck it up or probably just ignore it.
:lol:

Totally agree though Jock. The refs contradict themselves so many times its like they are making it up on the spot and cannot remember what they've said previously.

Wasnt Torreira sent off at Wembley against the scum last season having got the ball first? That one wasnt even a tackle from what I remember, it was a sliding interception and his momentum carried him into Danny Rose. Of course Rose being the scummy drama queen he is made the most of it :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Declan Rice incident saw the Sheffield United defender drill the ball off his arm from point blank range. Nothing he could do about it but that’s the new stupid rule so VAR intervened and the goal was disallowed.

However when the murderers beat Wolves 1 nil at Anfield over Christmas (the game where Wolves had a goal chalked off by VAR because one of their player’s fingers was offside - didn’t seem to matter at Palace last weekend mind :roll: ) this happened in the build up to the Liverpool goal -

Guess what VAR did? Yep fuck all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am

And yet we are told VAR was meant to bring an end to refereeing mistakes costing teams points :roll: It is just a different and more tedious time consuming way of seeing the same inconsistencies we've always seen. That pic you posted above proves VAR is a load of bollocks because the Palace goal was not put under that sort of scrutiny at the time. Why the hell not when so many other goals have been?

As for the red card - if the ref had given red and VAR backed him up then I could just about accept it ... but to change the initial yellow to a red when it was clearly not a malicious tackle was a joke! Aubameyang was stretching for the ball and then extended his leg further. Although it caught the Palace player badly it was quite clear that it was just unfortunate and that a yellow was correct :banghead:

And did anyone hear that weak-minded idiot Peter Walton? He is the ex-referee who is the resident ''expert'' that BT Sport always turn to for his expert analysis of decisions. But all he does is agree with whatever decision is made :roll: Shockingly obvious on Saturday when he initially said yellow was correct and then when it was changed to red he agreed with that too. Absolute waste of time asking that prick anything!
The two bits in red are 100% bang on mate.

VAR is just a slower way of still fucking up decisions and only "adds" ruining the pace and flow of the game. The fact LiVARpool are an extra 6 or 7 points better off than citeh because of VAR fuck ups is enough evidence for even idiots to see its a broken and corrupt system. Merson was right.... they might as well just hand the trophy to the victims.

Anyone that has actually played football at any level and doesn't have an agenda can see that Boomerang's foul was accidental, not overly aggressive, not dangerous, not at pace, just poorly timed and a free kick and a yellow. The Robertson one is a cùnts tackle - at pace, head on, full force, and mid shin. If the oppo player gets that on his planted leg it's a double compound fracture and the tib and fib are coming out through the leg. The two are not even vaguely comparable ffs.