other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Every single one of the twats on BT sports panel goals program said it should have been a penalty to Southampton but that twat Clattenberg kept going on about how VAR couldn't have called it back even if they'd seen it because of phases, now normally i cant stand Germaine Jenas but he just look at him incredulously and said ok so tell us what a phase is and how long it is because between the penalty shout and the Victims scoring there was no break in play, the Referees Union is going overtime to protect themselves because they know VAR will make them all look like *word censored* now when they get it wrong and much as i dislike VAR anything which can show how criminally incompetent and corrupt the fuckers are gets my vote for the moment :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Questions seriously need to be asked now.

It's almost as if the Liverpool players know they will get away with it
Said this a few months back on this forum. Liverpool are playing with an arrogance similar to ManUtd during the Fergie years. Yesterday a Liverpool back pass sent in a Southampton player (Ings I think) for a goal chance. It wasn't scored but VVD had a right go at the referee's assistant for not giving an offside. Well (A) it wasn't offside and (B) it was from a back pass anyway.
It is horrible watching them, the media , the referees , the Premier League and VAR are so obviously biased , the need for them to win a title goes back years , it isn't a new phenomenon. The only difference now is VAR compounds the bias rather than dispelling it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just about the only interest I have left now in this league season is seeing exactly how far down the table Maureen can take the spuds. The worst managerial appointment of the season by some distance - I see he even wanted the Lamppost on deadline day :D

Their business model will fall apart with a couple of seasons of no CL football and they've got just the man to turn the tourist fans away and return them to what they know best - mid table shite with a half empty stadium. Hope City bring their A game and run the fuckers into the ground later

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:41 am
Just about the only interest I have left now in this league season is seeing exactly how far down the table Maureen can take the spuds. The worst managerial appointment of the season by some distance - I see he even wanted the Lamppost on deadline day :D

Their business model will fall apart with a couple of seasons of no CL football and they've got just the man to turn the tourist fans away and return them to what they know best - mid table shite with a half empty stadium. Hope City bring their A game and run the fuckers into the ground later
... Isn't this the model we have and we've been doing okay? (understatement)

Ditto about City + it's getting boring to hear the 'we finished above you' bullshit; about the only thing they can grip onto these days.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:22 am
Every single one of the twats on BT sports panel goals program said it should have been a penalty to Southampton but that twat Clattenberg kept going on about how VAR couldn't have called it back even if they'd seen it because of phases, now normally i cant stand Germaine Jenas but he just look at him incredulously and said ok so tell us what a phase is and how long it is because between the penalty shout and the Victims scoring there was no break in play, the Referees Union is going overtime to protect themselves because they know VAR will make them all look like *word censored* now when they get it wrong and much as i dislike VAR anything which can show how criminally incompetent and corrupt the fuckers are gets my vote for the moment :rubchin:
That prick on VAR duty for the game should actually be sent for training. He missed one for Firmino (clear man-handling by Long) and a clear penalty for Ings.

Liverpool would've won the game anyway but it's pathetic how they get away with shit like this, which builds momentum for them and puts the confidence of the opposition out of the window. S'oton could've easily scored 2/3 but fuck me PL luck is full Liverpool mode. Any, I mean any 50/50 is Liverpool way.

I accepted them winning the league, but good Lord do it in a less pathetic way.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Did u watch Bournemouth v villa?
Villa 2-0 down and going nowhere ,Jack (the new media darling) Grealish gets the ball pushes past the defender then leaps straight into the defender who cant move that fast knocking him clean over ,drawing the foul and getting the defender sent off.
All our pundits are corrupted and have been perverted ,they no longer see the game as it is ,only how it should be presented to the masses.
I've little interest in the game anymore because it's about as real as wrestling.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I see wilshire is out again for a few months again. This time a hernia op - after 16 games in two and a half years.

Its sad in a way.

The chavs and united were poor again, we HAVE to win today to start catching thrm up.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Anybody watching the tots v City...….It's difficult to imagine VAR could get any more absurd. Brings them back for a penalty after 2 minutes of play had elapsed, they miss the pen (there's a surprise huh), Lloris brings Sterling down from the resulting save, no penalty AND Lloris was off his line for the save, yet no retake. All in all a great job by VAR :? :? :?

For the record Mourinho is creating an even more odious atmosphere than ever (If that's even possible)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:21 pm
Anybody watching the tots v City...….It's difficult to imagine VAR could get any more absurd. Brings them back for a penalty after 2 minutes of play had elapsed, they miss the pen (there's a surprise huh), Lloris brings Sterling down from the resulting save, no penalty AND Lloris was off his line for the save, yet no retake. All in all a great job by VAR :? :? :?

For the record Mourinho is creating an even more odious atmosphere than ever (If that's even possible)
Thought that was definite second penalty and apparently VAR doesn't check the keeper staying on the line? What's the point of that?
Up until the goal thought city spurs game was worse than our effort at burnley.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Maureen bullying spineless Pepe again! He’ll be off to PSG in summer, where there’s no competition! Just the way he likes it!
He makes me fucking nauseous!
That “inside citeh” documentary, absolute cringeworthy shite! They make Chelsea look a class outfit!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:53 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Thought that was definite second penalty and apparently VAR doesn't check the keeper staying on the line? What's the point of that?
Up until the goal thought city spurs game was worse than our effort at burnley.
Yeah using the same standard that sees Liverpool get regular penalties as well as the likes of Harry ‘’entitled to go down’’ Kane getting them ... that WAS another pen.

Xissential described the first half farce perfectly ... and as you say, what’s the point of VAR if it can order a retake of a pen for encroachment but not when a keeper breaks the rule of coming off his line? Who comes up with this arbitrary nonsense ? :roll: Absolute joke.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

In case anyone missed it, ESR scored one and made on Saturday for Huddersfield at the weekend in their 3-2 loss.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:06 pm

All our pundits are corrupted and have been perverted ,they no longer see the game as it is ,only how it should be presented to the masses.
The more I watch of the modern game and the meejia horseshit that goes with it the more I think you've nailed it on the head there mate.

The game is dead. :x

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
The City penalty was given after two minutes of play had elapsed. A lot can happen in two minutes. I was wondering what would have happened had the tots scored in those 2 minutes?? It would have been so chaotic the whole "coming back for the penalty" thing would have been quietly shelved with nobody any the wiser. Can you imagine the tots score, the game restarts and then the ref hears, "Hey that was a penalty" Can you imagine the reply......."Forget it, we're not going all the way back now"

What a mess they are making of this. Why can the FA NEVER admit when they are wrong.....instead they just bulldoze ahead compounding mistake after mistake after.......................

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:21 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
The City penalty was given after two minutes of play had elapsed. A lot can happen in two minutes. I was wondering what would have happened had the tots scored in those 2 minutes?? It would have been so chaotic the whole "coming back for the penalty" thing would have been quietly shelved with nobody any the wiser. Can you imagine the tots score, the game restarts and then the ref hears, "Hey that was a penalty" Can you imagine the reply......."Forget it, we're not going all the way back now"

What a mess they are making of this. Why can the FA NEVER admit when they are wrong.....instead they just bulldoze ahead compounding mistake after mistake after.......................
Because they are in spirit politicians. No integrity, no humility, no honesty.

VAR is a nonsense that is killing any lingering enjoyment that ìs left in modern football. It is also corrupt as hell and very obviously so.

If they had any integrity or true honest love for the game they would hold their hands up and say "it was an experiment and it didn't work" and just shitcan the whole stupid soul destroying thing.

But of course they never will. :roll: