Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

Post by Redarmy »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:29 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:05 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:01 pm
Arsenal XI: Leno; Bellerin, Sokratis, Luiz, Saka; Torreira, Xhaka; Martinelli, Ozil, Aubameyang; Lacazette
Very good up front, still worryingly weak at the back. I'd imagine Arteta is having to go for the 'let's try and score a few and hope that does the job' tactic.
Torreira is on the bench Guendouzi starts,very surprised with that and Ozil starting.
Major mistake starting starting Ozil away to Burnley.....and compounds it by leaving out Torreira...... :rubchin:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Positives:
Mustafi wasn't shit!

Negatives:
Too many to mention.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Another valuable point, catapaulting us back up to 10th. Can't complain about that :D :D :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Lacazette can fuck off, Guendozi is too chaotic, Luiz and Mustafi are a joke.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

More tedious dross under Arteta - still I'm sure Cannon and co. will be along soon enough to tell me that I'm blind to the obvious improvement

25 minutes of looking good, 65 minutes of sterile shit to rival anything dished up under Wenger.

Poor decision making too - I know lets play a bloke who hasn't scored in 8 games, and has 1 goal in 20 PL away games and shove our leading scorer out wide......rendering both of them completely ineffective for the whole match. Leave Pepe on the bench and then bring Nketiah on with a whopping 1 minute left on the clock

Boring, slow paced, mediocre - still....at least he might break the record number of draws in a season

Loving the improvement - thank god we got rid of Dick....this is all so much better

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:52 pm
The most expensive squad in our history probably,and the squad that has bought me the least enjoyment
The problem is that those expensive funds were spent on ozil, xhaka and mustafi.

At least we kept a clean sheet. Tets should have started with Eddie and Martinelli up front.

Too many missed chances today.

We were under the cosh in the 2nd half, but we did peg them back again after a few breaks, and some better possesion when willock came on.
Last edited by clockender1 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm
More tedious dross under Arteta - still I'm sure Cannon and co. will be along soon enough to tell me that I'm blind to the obvious improvement

25 minutes of looking good, 65 minutes of sterile shit to rival anything dished up under Wenger.

Poor decision making too - I know lets play a bloke who hasn't scored in 8 games, and has 1 goal in 20 PL away games and shove our leading scorer out wide......rendering both of them completely ineffective for the whole match. Leave Pepe on the bench and then bring Nketiah on with a whopping 1 minute left on the clock

Boring, slow paced, mediocre - still....at least he might break the record number of draws in a season

Loving the improvement - thank god we got rid of Dick....this is all so much better
Has Pepe fucked Artetas wife up the dirt box? what does he need to do to get at least 10 minutes,this is like le Fraud and podolski all over again

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Has Pepe fucked Artetas wife up the dirt box? what does he need to do to get at least 10 minutes,this is like le Fraud and podolski all over again
Don't question Pep's Cone Man mate.....you'll have the Obvious Improvement Police after you. You go away and be happy with 4 consecutive draws now. Great times ahead

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:00 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Don't question Pep's Cone Man mate.....you'll have the Obvious Improvement Police after you. You go away and be happy with 4 consecutive draws now. Great times ahead
The Adidas kit is the only improvement this season.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Poor old tets is well out of his depth.

I bet he's missing those cones of his.

Midz

Post by Midz »

That really was a chore to watch. Martinelli and Aubameyang as SteveO said were rendered useless being played where they were.
Lacazette had another very poor afternoon.
Bringing Eddie on was pointless at that time.
I could go on and on but would only be repeating what's already been said.

I'm annoyed with our lacklustre performances.

Midz

Post by Midz »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 pm

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:10 pm
That really was a chore to watch. Martinelli and Aubameyang as SteveO said were rendered useless being played where they were.
Lacazette had another very poor afternoon.
Bringing Eddie on was pointless at that time.
I could go on and on but would only be repeating what's already been said.

I'm annoyed with our lacklustre performances.
Funny isn't it - apparently Emery was clueless playing players obviously out of position, but this bloke comes in and ruins our entire forward play and because he was associated with Man City's title buying, we're expected to sit back and call it genius

The other defence I love for him is the problem he has with injuries and having to play a patched up defence.....clearly forgetting the 22 game unbeaten run we had last year before we were robbed of Bellerin and Holding with season long injuries (not to mention Welbeck the same at the other end of the field)

There's no improvement at all. When he left we were 7th. Now we're firmly mid table. Our passing and forward play is awful.

Rodriguez misses the world's easiest chance otherwise all those hailing the defensive improvement wouldn't even have that crutch to stand on

The football is diabolical - this is supposed to be a team that I hear has 'regained its identity'. Well if that 'identity' means zipping it around and looking lively for half an hour in games (before dropping to rat shit in the blink of an eye), then we certainly have regained it

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:13 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 pm

"Eh,Mikel........these cones are in the wrong place,you'll never make a manager at this rate"

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Bringing on Nketiah with a minute left to run down the clock when we’re drawing at Burnley. That’s what it’s come too :(

Don’t understand why Guendouzi played ahead of Torreira. He’s too erratic.

Laca continues to play up front on his own despite no away goal for a fucking YEAR! :shock: mental when you think we’ve got Aubameyang on the wing :lol:

Oh well, 2 week break now.