City Banned from CL for 2 years

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by nut flush gooner »

No sympathy from me. From our perspective, it highlights how bad things are when we can't potentially take advantage of this situation.

goonersid

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by goonersid »

Let’s see how loyal “lightbulb head” will be now there’s no clge next season !
It might actually tempt him to stay, so he can hide behind the ban.
Fucking scumbag Chav club!

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

City get banned by UEFA yet the Chavski vermin are no different? :banghead:

Meanwhile the corrupt FA Premier League will ignore both these fraudster money laundering clubs. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Both $hitty and the Chavs are fraudsters but so is UEFA - them and Fifa are as corrupt and evil as any of the Banks, Cartels , Vatican, Political parties etc etc etc.

It's ALL about Money, and what comes with money? "Power". :twisted:

nut flush gooner

This ban really fucks up City's business model tbh, they rely on sponsorship deals to cover their inflated expenses. And it's the creative accounting that has allowed them to carry on spending at an inordinate level.

Guardiola surely must see the writing on the wall now, when he wants to spend silly money in the future the board will quite often have to say no.

City and Chelski's market value have been inflated artificially imo, they don't have the fan base away from Manchester or West London that even Arsenal have around the country and overseas. This is a big problem for them going forward. I just hope that UEFA stick to their guns, there is a principle here that clubs shouldnt be allowed to spend a lot more than they earn in revenue. Now the PL have to follow suit and start docking points from clubs that take the piss.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:27 pm
This ban really fucks up City's business model tbh, they rely on sponsorship deals to cover their inflated expenses. And it's the creative accounting that has allowed them to carry on spending at an inordinate level.

Guardiola surely must see the writing on the wall now, when he wants to spend silly money in the future the board will quite often have to say no.

City and Chelski's market value have been inflated artificially imo, they don't have the fan base away from Manchester or West London that even Arsenal have around the country and overseas. This is a big problem for them going forward. I just hope that UEFA stick to their guns, there is a principle here that clubs shouldnt be allowed to spend a lot more than they earn in revenue. Now the PL have to follow suit and start docking points from clubs that take the piss.
Yes, also I think it could be a significant "moment" in Guardiola's life as a manager, because if he jumps ship, which many in the media think will happen, then it would prove his detractor's to be right; in that he only goes to clubs where there is guaranteed deep pockets to buy the best players etc. But should he stay then it could be a way of him showing his critics to be wrong and a certain loyalty to the club and his Arab owners and bosses. :|

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Arsene's mother, much?
Get real.
Footy as we know it is dead

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Chelsea have a bigger world wide fanbase according to some, although I would say the majority are JCL millennial glory hunters with very little loyalty, I'd say they are probably bigger overseas than in the UK but as they keep winning stuff and we don't our fanbase will shrink, all be it slowly.

Chavs were lucky in that the Russian scumbag takeover was earlier than City's and was off the radar more and now they've thrown a lot of the money into using feeder clubs and youth development, mainly off the back of the dirty doping injections from uncle Abramovich helping them become 'a brand'.

Chavski sum up all I hate about modern football, I actually hate them more than Spurs in some ways because they actually win stuff!, but sure we created our own problems by attracting the likes of wiggy to the club who made it completely impossible to ever compete with ambitious clubs (even if that ambition was somewhat bent!).

I don't want City banned - it just makes like easier for clubs like RM, Barca, Chavski and Pool.... :censored:

nut flush gooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:54 pm
Chelsea have a bigger world wide fanbase according to some, although I would say the majority are JCL millennial glory hunters with very little loyalty, I'd say they are probably bigger overseas than in the UK but as they keep winning stuff and we don't our fanbase will shrink, all be it slowly.

Chavs were lucky in that the Russian scumbag takeover was earlier than City's and was off the radar more and now they've thrown a lot of the money into using feeder clubs and youth development, mainly off the back of the dirty doping injections from uncle Abramovich helping them become 'a brand'.

Chavski sum up all I hate about modern football, I actually hate them more than Spurs in some ways because they actually win stuff!, but sure we created our own problems by attracting the likes of wiggy to the club who made it completely impossible to ever compete with ambitious clubs (even if that ambition was somewhat bent!).

I don't want City banned - it just makes like easier for clubs like RM, Barca, Chavski and Pool.... :censored:
I can only go by my experience of Baku last year to compare Arsenals overseas support with chelskis, we outnumbered them easily 3 to 1 and this is in a backdrop of them winning everything over the last 15 years,

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 pm

I can only go by my experience of Baku last year to compare Arsenals overseas support with chelskis, we outnumbered them easily 3 to 1 and this is in a backdrop of them winning everything over the last 15 years,
Yeah but the sort of fans that go there are 'hardcore', like I said I think Chelski have a lot of modern floaters which is apt because they are a turd of a club, depends how you define a fan really - following a club on twatter? - that is about right for the modern JCL floater fan.

:twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Why shouldn't they ? If their owner puts in £500m out of his own pocket, why should it now be allowed ? Football has been largely dominated by the wealthy clubs for decades, so what is different now ? The difference now is that the richest clubs are no longer the traditional richest clubs, and their nose is out of joint cos they cannot compete :censored: If I own a car or house and want to spend money on it to be nicer than my neighbours, then I don't expect anyone else to be allowed interfere with that - citeeh's owners are not debt leveraging the club, are not signing illegal players, are not bribing anybody, so more luck to them if they want to spend money making their club one of the biggest in the world

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:23 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah but the sort of fans that go there are 'hardcore', like I said I think Chelski have a lot of modern floaters which is apt because they are a turd of a club, depends how you define a fan really - following a club on twatter? - that is about right for the modern JCL floater fan.

:twisted:

Citeeh brought over 30 thousand to Wembley for a division 2 league play off final 21 years ago

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

The FA & Premier League won't do fúck all, remember back when the Middlesex Swamp Dwellers got 12 points deduction & massive fine? It was all forgotten about with a few bungs & threats in the High Court. :censored:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 22815.html
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:26 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Why shouldn't they ? If their owner puts in £500m out of his own pocket, why should it now be allowed ? Football has been largely dominated by the wealthy clubs for decades, so what is different now ? The difference now is that the richest clubs are no longer the traditional richest clubs, and their nose is out of joint cos they cannot compete :censored: If I own a car or house and want to spend money on it to be nicer than my neighbours, then I don't expect anyone else to be allowed interfere with that - citeeh's owners are not debt leveraging the club, are not signing illegal players, are not bribing anybody, so more luck to them if they want to spend money making their club one of the biggest in the world
Because a billionaire who really wants to could buy a lower league club for next to nothing pump billions in and buy any trophy he/she wants. The principle of financial fair play makes sense at all levels. City wern't a big club (nor where Chelski) when they were bought.

The whole idea of the big 5 or 6 clubs was not built on jumping the queue before Abramovich bowled up. It was built on years of success on the pitch rather than money being spent. Remember the old adage money doesn't buy success in football? Well it doesn't exist anymore.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:53 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:26 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Because a billionaire who really wants to could buy a lower league club for next to nothing pump billions in and buy any trophy he/she wants. The principle of financial fair play makes sense at all levels. City wern't a big club (nor where Chelski) when they were bought.

The whole idea of the big 5 or 6 clubs was not built on jumping the queue before Abramovich bowled up. It was built on years of success on the pitch rather than money being spent. Remember the old adage money doesn't buy success in football? Well it doesn't exist anymore.

Financial fair play ?? Where has there ever been a level playing field ? The richer clubs always tried to buy success and cherry picked the best players from the smaller clubs, and that was happening long before sky