Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by rodders999 »

35 passes in the build up to the Ozil goal :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Badly fucking needed. Very ugly at times especially the ass fucking the cowabunga kid gave to Bellerin but a badly needed 3 points and some badly needed goals form players who’s form has been on the shitter for the last few months.

Auba is fucking clinical....had him at 5/1 to score 2 or more but it’s amazing how many games he just scores the once seeing how deadly he is. He has gotten 2 a few times for us but no hatrick as far as I can recall. Crazy considering his goal scoring stats.

Also Tierney at LB with Saka ahead of him is a mouthwatering prospect for the future. Saka is a breath of fresh air the way he takes people on for fun. Kudos to Ozil too some beautiful through balls today, more of that please.

Very enjoyable result and the day would have been even sweeter only for those bottle job villa c.unts.
You mean the same Tierney that makes Steven Hawkins look like superman,the same guy who you could mistake for a love child of Diaby and Rosicky if men could procreate, it ain't happening :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Im very pleased with the win and clean sheet, we've been due a win for a while now thanks to VAR.

It does sound like a game of two halves again though, so lets not get too overexcited.

We still need a couple of wins back to back for us to be a challemger for sixth.

Lets enjoy tonight, but remember that the newcastle are pretty shit.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

A long time since we won a plge game by 4 goals and a clean sheet.
Obviously still loads of work to do, but the difference Arteta has made, is that, I don’t now assume that we will get pissed over, outplayed, outfought and lose.
I really think we will be the team to be the mousers and deny them going unbeaten! :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

First half shite..second half shite on our cocks :lol: up the (barcodes) arse :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Definitely too early for excitement but the way we controlled the game at the end was better than anything i've seen from our mob for a long time. I thought Ceballos was a bit uneasy for the first 20 mins but then grew into the match well, i thought Mustafi was actually ok barring getting creamed down our right once when Bellerin went wandering.

Saka was excellent once again but Pepe is still frustrating the hell out of me, he always tries too much rather than playing the simple pass at times. Bellerin was ok in fits and starts but he has lost a lot of his recovery pace which was one of his few good points, he needs to stop wandering in and out of position.

Luiz wasnt too bad today, didnt have a lot to do but marshalled the defence relatively well. Eddie needs game time but there may be a player in him, he really should have scored that first half attempt, Auba was his usual self scored a crucial goal but faded in and out too much for me, same with Ozil, played some really good balls but kept disappearing from time to time.

Xhaka.........what can be said about Xhaka that hasn't been said before, i've never known a player so permanently close to a red card, even when he hasn't been booked you still expect him to get sent off :roll:

Im getting a bit worried over this late substitution idea that he seems to favour, reminds me too much of Wenger and his 70 minuters......but even later :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta: 'He [Dani Ceballos] had some issues as well, the way he behaved. He completely changed his behaviours, he started to train like an animal and he was ready to play.'

Arteta on Pepe: "We need consistency from him, certain things he needs to maintain game by game.. The way he applied himself defensively in a few moments was top draw, things that he wasn't doing in the past. After that results in the other box comes. And he made the difference."

Bradfords

Post by Bradfords »

Just got back and warming up finally......more like it in the second half and relatively easy in the end. Bellerin was poor, Nketia offered little imo.... Nice to see Lacazette score, might liven him up a bit now. There might be a player in Pepe hopefully.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A good much needed win. Two games too late for top 5 but who knows.
A goal each from our strongest front 4. Hopefully, a good final kick on for final third of league season.
But, more importantly gain some momentum with two winnable trophies to play for. This team can win the Europa League to make up for last season's diabolical final.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Matteo Guendouzi dumped from match day squad after failing to impress in training during mid season break to Dubai https://t.co/POjVOjmRRn

Midz

Post by Midz »

Remember the last time we went 4-0 up against this lot?
Today we showed how to do it properly.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 pm
Matteo Guendouzi dumped from match day squad after failing to impress in training during mid season break to Dubai https://t.co/POjVOjmRRn
Lee Dixon mentioned it, and its a good decision.

Dozer does need to improve. Now he has to. Heart and passion must be matched by discipline.

Competition for places is a good thing.

Imho Tets was right to drop both Dozer and Laca.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

a good win to keep us unbeaten in 2020. that isn't something to be scoffed at as we were hopeless under previous regimes.

arteta has definitely made us harder to beat and having watched us roll over for over a decade it's refreshing to be honest. he hasn't even bought his own players in yet, he's got a pool of poor players to choose from so the fact he's making them perform better is certainly encouraging in regards to his coaching skills.

the first half was poor, i dunno what mikel said at half time cause we looked a completely different team.

saka is a little gem and is fast turning into one of my favourite players. he's only on 3k a week apparently, tie him down to a long term contract please before he goes germany and we're sancho'd every week.

aubameyang... well what can i say. an absolute pleasure to watch him week in week out, making the most of him as he won't be hanging around much longer and i can't blame him tbh. how he got so much power on that header ill never know.

glad lacazette finally got his goal, hopefully he'll calm down a bit now.

all in all great result, we've got an easy run of fixtures so hopefully we get as close as we can to 4th. UTA :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Only 6 more points for safety from relegation. It could so easily have been 2-2 in the second half !. Can we play this lot every week ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:42 am
Only 6 more points for safety from relegation. It could so easily have been 2-2 in the second half !. Can we play this lot every week ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah I am pleased overall but 4-0 was very flattering. They missed a sitter and hit the post in the 2nd half so it could have been 2-2 instead. Think we're due a bit of the rub of the green though and hopefully the scoreline will give everyone a boost.

Funny how we've only won 7 league games but have still done the double over that fat :censored: Bruce like we always seem to :D

If we can hit a bit of form and remain hard to beat, I fancy us for the FA Cup. Especially if Arteta stops this 'cup keeper' nonsense :barscarf: