Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:51 am
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 am
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:00 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 am

FFS man, read Cannon's post directly above yours! A good performance away in Europe, at a place that can be a bit of a bear pit and a team that are no pushovers at home. Even if Laca hadn't scored 0-0 wouldn't be the worse result but you still concentrate on negatives to speak about! I could pick your post to pieces if I could be arsed. No forced positivity here. I just watched with no negative, pessimistic agenda. "Riding our luck" Laughable! :lol:
Please pick it apart, it would be good to expose yourself & show your a) clear & obvious agenda to see no faults & b) forced positivity merchant.

Emery had plenty of games where he scraped results & got slated because the performance wasnt liquid football so how is this different?

It was inspid & bland (not for the first time) thankfully Saka came good & won the game for the second time in a week & thankfully Leno was at the top of his game to give you the illusion that we had a solid night, the game could have been over after 20 mins.

'Imagine if Laca didnt get the winner' is with regards to his performance not the result, he would have seen Giroud levels of donkey hate today had he not scored & played 90 like the teachers pet, 0-0 would have still been a good result.

Great win, big win, awful performance, stop sugar coating it.

I look forward to you exposing yourself when you 'pick it apart'
Emery was shit,he had no plan,we had no identity under him it was all hit and hope and pray aub nick's us a goal or two.if you cant see how arteta has shored up the defence and how the shape of the team is being slowly moulded then you are blind , how much longer are you going to hope arteta fails before you realise he might just be doing ok?
Totally agree about Emery, nice guy but weak as shit.....after a few months he was sussed out and the players were taking the piss....you have to show them who is the the Boss with these multi million pound youngsters
You think Arteta is showing Lacazette & Ozil who is boss? Both have him in their pocket.
Read again...i mentioned EMERY ....

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:00 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 am
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:14 pm
Awful performance TBF but the result that counts, although he scored the winner, Lacazette was awful, theres nothing there, he should be very thankful to Saka tonight, what is worrying is that Arteta made 2 correct subs but took off the easy options, he got away with it tonight but imagine Laca didnt get the winner.

Leno and Saka arguably the two best players which is why I'm struggling with all the talk about how the defense is more solid, they had 2 great chances in the first 5 mins & the leno went on to be one of the best players, a solid defense keeps the keeper quiet.

Great result but I'm not sure riding out luck is sustainable, big decisions need to be made sooner or later, Aubameyang is wasted out wide to accommodate Lacazette, Pepe & Ceballos our best players at the weekend, neither start because they are easy to rest, happy with the result but I'm worried, seems like a lot of forced positivity around at the moment.
FFS man, read Cannon's post directly above yours! A good performance away in Europe, at a place that can be a bit of a bear pit and a team that are no pushovers at home. Even if Laca hadn't scored 0-0 wouldn't be the worse result but you still concentrate on negatives to speak about! I could pick your post to pieces if I could be arsed. No forced positivity here. I just watched with no negative, pessimistic agenda. "Riding our luck" Laughable! :lol:
Please pick it apart, it would be good to expose yourself & show your a) clear & obvious agenda to see no faults & b) forced positivity merchant.

Emery had plenty of games where he scraped results & got slated because the performance wasnt liquid football so how is this different?

It was inspid & bland (not for the first time) thankfully Saka came good & won the game for the second time in a week & thankfully Leno was at the top of his game to give you the illusion that we had a solid night, the game could have been over after 20 mins.

'Imagine if Laca didnt get the winner' is with regards to his performance not the result, he would have seen Giroud levels of donkey hate today had he not scored & played 90 like the teachers pet, 0-0 would have still been a good result.

Great win, big win, awful performance, stop sugar coating it.

I look forward to you exposing yourself when you 'pick it apart'
I'm not sugar coating anything my friend. In cup competitions the result far outweighs the performance. At no point did I say we played well did I?

And I'll just take you up on one point as I can't be arsed with the rest :lol:

I must have been watching a different game because I didn't see a worldy performance from Leno. A couple of decent saves, a block from David Luis that he knew nothing about, it just hit him and a particularly poor punch from a cross in the 2nd half that went downward in our penalty area.

If that's your yardstick of a MotM performance then you're even more clueless than I first thought. :wink: :lol:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Based on what makes you think aubs and laca have artetas in their pockets ? Maybe it's just like your imaginary agenda that arteta has against emerys players cos I'm pretty sure your boyfriend guendouzi played last night and ceballos came on as sub again,maybe I imagined that? your comments about lucky that leno kept us in the game are fkin hilarious,we cried out for years that we needed a decent keeper that could make a difference no we have one you are crying that jesus saving our arses you couldnt make it up.and my rose tinted specs saw that if it wasnt for awful finishing on out part we would have had a comfortable win,no? we soaked up the early pressure and controlled large parts of the game without being that creative sadly,no?? Artetas working with what hes got,hes doing sound sound bites I have loads if you want them,early doors game of two halves, blah blah blah

markyp

Post by markyp »

Based on what makes you think aubs and laca have artetas in their pockets ? Maybe it's just like your imaginary agenda that arteta has against emerys players cos I'm pretty sure your boyfriend guendouzi played last night and ceballos came on as sub again,maybe I imagined that? your comments about lucky that leno kept us in the game are fkin hilarious,we cried out for years that we needed a decent keeper that could make a difference now we have one you are crying that hes saving our arses you couldnt make it up.and my rose tinted specs saw that if it wasnt for awful finishing on out part we would have had a comfortable win,no? we soaked up the early pressure and controlled large parts of the game without being that creative sadly,no?? Artetas working with what hes got,if its sound sound bites you want i have loads if you want them,early doors game of two halves, blah blah blah

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

You're showing yourself up Marky, I have said nothing to suggest I am pro Emery, just pointing out the hypocrisy & goal post moving by fans like you who were so invested in taking a punt on Peps unexperinced number 2 that you will give up being real & just pump out a load of false positivity, you've done it non stop with soundbites without substance all over the place.

Herbert Chapman cant be bothered to pick it apart, shock horror, not surprised at all there, false positivity is built on seeing what you want to see rather than what is actually happening, thanks for confirming this.

Ozil & Lacazette have been bang average for Arteta, bare in mind both wanted Emery out & strolled around the pitch for the last few months, simply realising they cant do that anymore doesnt mean they are playing well, they have just stopped trying to get a manager sacked, both will play regardless of performance and Arteta doesnt have balls to really drop either (Laca clearly rested at the weekend for yesterday) which is why hes also wasting Aubameyang now, he knows if he drops either that he will go the same way as Emery & Freddie, Lacazette was the worse player in the pitch last night & he cowardly avoided taking him off twice, yes he scored but so would Auba of he was there, the goal just papered over the cracks of his dire performance & exposed Artetas cowardice.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I'm showing myself up?? Oh my lord,are you autistic or something,you and augie are just about the only 2 who cant see an Improvement.ok let's get to the bottom line,you want arteta out?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The issue last night is not Leno or the attack, its that midfield that needs sorting

Like Guendouzis spirit and desire, but he does have a negative affect on the team, he dwells on the ball too long is not creative enough, he wastes opportunitys to brake quickly, something our forwards would thrive on, hes the link player the the guy who is there to receive the ball he makes himself available and puts in a shift, just wish he could add more to his game

With him alongside Xaha who offers nothing that fucker cant even tackle and when he does try normally ends up in a foul

Overall we have to move the ball quicker from defence through midfield seems to me new recruits needed in that area, Ozil has the ability but over many games has proved he does not have the application

Happy with the win

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:08 am
The game would of likely been put bed if he had played our top striker in his proper position.

1 nil to the Arsenal when away is always welcome
I think Auba was played out wide so he coukd track back when we didnt have the ball to protect the midfield mate.

Thats not something that laca or pepe could because they dont have that engine - Auba, tracked back, won the ball and gave it to saka who crossed it for the goal.

As i kind of predicted, for various reasons he put out a more defensive, less creative team so as not to give them any advantage in the 1st leg, and to rotate ahead of Everton, where i suspect Pepe will be back and Auba back in the middle.

Tets post match comments were that he wasnt happy with the first ten minutes and the finishing, but otherwise it pretty much went to plan.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:55 am
I'm showing myself up?? Oh my lord,are you autistic or something,you and augie are just about the only 2 who cant see an Improvement.ok let's get to the bottom line,you want arteta out?
Less of the "autistic" as a derogatory term please mate. Not cool.

markyp

Post by markyp »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:29 am
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:55 am
Less of the "autistic" as a derogatory term please mate. Not cool.
Sorry,my bad :(