Pompey (A) FA CUP 02/03 @ 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Pompey (A) FA CUP 02/03 @ 19:45

Post by DB10GOONER »

1-2 away win. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Re: Pompey (A) Monday 02/03 @ 19:45

Post by SteveO 35 »

Got my ticket for this one - two games that matter in the space of five days.......happy days :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Unlike the modern day football snobs around here I sincerely hope we don't play a bunch of stiffs in the quest for 7th place. Fuck the league this season - win this and you guarantee Europa League.....win Europa league and guarantee CL. Oh.....and that small thing that still matters for some of us that actually enjoy the glory of winning a trophy....silly me!

COYG :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

It was great to see Leno play in the EL the other day and I hope Arteta starts playing him in this cup too. If not this round then certainly from the QF if we get there.

There's a real chance we could win the FA cup if we take it seriously enough.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

No PL game this weekend so no reason not to play a strong team, I think he will as he does seem driven, something he did get infected with at City, can't see any problems with this one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm
It was great to see Leno play in the EL the other day and I hope Arteta starts playing him in this cup too. If not this round then certainly from the QF if we get there.

^^This. I always hated that cup keeper nonsense. Play your best keeper every game ffs.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 am
Clash wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm

^^This. I always hated that cup keeper nonsense. Play your best keeper every game ffs.
Arteta got that one right at least for CL, need Leno in goal for FA cup also

Herd

Re: Pompey (A) FA CUP 02/03 @ 19:45

Post by Herd »

I'm trying to get a ticket for this one so far without success,I'm with Stevo fuck the league go for trophies.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Pompeo and their so loud fans will be licking their lips after watching the Arsenal tonight..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 pm
Pompeo and their so loud fans will be licking their lips after watching the Arsenal tonight..
And as for calls to play our best keeper?? Who might that be??

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chuck this away and fuck off back to putting the cones out for Pep

Salvage some pride after the limpest of limpdick seasons....or go do one

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pompey will go two banks of 5 behind the ball, keep
It compact and leave the most beige midfield in the game have endless amounts of possession with fuck all end product.

When was the last time you saw one of our midfielders surge into the box to get on the end of a pass and finish pass the keeper? Not a single payer in there capable of taking a game by the scuff of the neck. Pass it on to the next guy and leave him take responsibility, oh he’s just passed it back to me so I’ll pass it back to him.

Pepe with three brain dead step overs before passing it straight to the opposition or crossing it into the stands. The BYBJ creating fuck all as usual just drifting around on the periphery of the game contributing fuck all.

That leaves Xhaka, Torreira, Willock and Cabellos and there’s fuck all creativity in terms of goals and assists coming from that lot. Such a bland, sterile, boring midfield devoid of a single player capable of creating a moment of magic to change a tight game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:22 am
It compact and leave the most beige midfield in the game have endless amounts of possession with fuck all end product.

When was the last time you saw one of our midfielders surge into the box to get on the end of a pass and finish pass the keeper? Not a single payer in there capable of taking a game by the scuff of the neck. Pass it on to the next guy and leave him take responsibility, oh he’s just passed it back to me so I’ll pass it back to him.

Pepe with three brain dead step overs before passing it straight to the opposition or crossing it into the stands. The BYBJ creating fuck all as usual just drifting around on the periphery of the game contributing fuck all.

That leaves Xhaka, Torreira, Willock and Cabellos and there’s fuck all creativity in terms of goals and assists coming from that lot. Such a bland, sterile, boring midfield devoid of a single player capable of creating a moment of magic to change a tight game.
Exactly how I see it - ironic that the man who was supposedly going to bring all that wonderful Pep style football has turned us into a team more boring than Burnley

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was looking forward to this, not now. :(

No doubt talkshyte will wheel out that cuntspiv 'Arry' to give his opinions etc

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:

It speaks volumes that our go to creator, who all hopes are pinned on is Saka, an 18yr old playing in his first season in the senior team.

wibble

Post by wibble »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:

It speaks volumes that our go to creator, who all hopes are pinned on is Saka, an 18yr old playing in his first season in the senior team.
And having to play out of position as well!