Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
HerbertChapman

Re: Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

Post by HerbertChapman »

Wengerballs wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:47 pm
Like a couple of sissy boys going on and on about who said what about Willock.
Who invited your opinion? Wind your fucking neck in mate unless you want to contribute something constructive.

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:08 pm
The ball comes to you at knee height 5 yards out - do you

(a) smash it home with your foot

or

(b) stoop down and try and head it off the grass

It was unbelievable.I think Arteta told the team that they need to score more headers.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Even through he scored he also missed at least one absolute sitter out in Greece, which is costly as fuck now.

He was outstanding last season and comfortably bagged the POTY award but his form has gone off a cliff this year and some of the gimmes he’s missed have hurt us big time.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There about as scary as a spurs v chelsea punch up !

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:47 am
been visiting this forum since it started. That's 20+ years. Inane comments just don't warrant my time. Bye. :barscarf:
The forum has not been around for anything like 20 years, let alone the plus.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Am I being too harsh to suggesting David Luiz shied away from making a better effort to cut out the cross for their second? He pulled back and instead appealed for offside.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 am
Am I being too harsh to suggesting David Luiz shied away from making a better effort to cut out the cross for their second? He pulled back and instead appealed for offside.
No you are not, thought the same.. Concede a corner if necessary at that stage of a game at that scoreline.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:

Too harsh ??? He is a centre back and centre backs should be dealing with that all day long. He should have been stoned to death for that defending :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
He is just typical of our defending over the last however many years. Instead of just clearing the fu.cking ball he appears to decide to leave it. What the fu.ck goes through our defenders heads sometimes is worrying beyond belief. These cu.nts are too stupid to be able to make a call as to whether to clear or not so their default should always be to clear the ball. Arteta needs a kick in the balls himself if he can't instil that simple discipline into his defence. It's absolute basics but we seem to manage to get it wrong time and time again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

on the reaction of the players…
Well we trained today. We are all very down, frustrated, disappointed, but my message to them was that I am right behind them. I thanked them for the effort they put into the game, for the attitude and the personality they played with and the way they reacted after we conceded the goal. We tried, tried and tried again and completely deserved to win the game but there were aspects of the game that we have to dominate better if we want to keep competing at that level.

Fuck me - he even sounds like Wenger. "The personality they played with" - that would be the personality of an aging hedgehog then - slow, tired and lazy. "Completely deserved to win the game" - not from where I was sitting mate or according to anyone I spoke to at the game. 82 minutes without a shot on goal and they had better chances to bury us than the other way round

"If we want to keep competing at that level" - lol.....that's the level of the round of 32 then against a team with 1 away win in 12 and that against the butchers, bakers and candlestick makers of Luxembourg. We'll see how Wolves cope with "competing at that level"

Just get it fucking right at Portsmouth or piss off

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not that it matters a fuck but surprised there’s been nothing made of the blatant red card they should have had for the last man foul.

If that happened the victims there’d be fucking uproar.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:55 pm
I'm over it,shit competition,sick to death of it,I'd rather we didnt even qualify for it again come may,CL or nothing for me.as for the result long term was probably a good thing,it showed Arteta the limitations of our squad and his own limitations as a coach as well,as wenger used to say ' we will learn from this' ,I think Arteta will actually take last night on board and improve us,they always say you learn more from defeat than in victory. Last night was a timely reminder that theres still plenty of work to do,I'm sure Arteta will be doing it
He will learn nothing, he is a coward and has shown this already, against West Ham it will be the same faces as Olympiakos who couldn't be arsed & already showed you why hes so desperate to keep them on side.

He is not upsetting the dressing room anytime soon because he knows they will finish him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ok lads enough with the personal abuse please. There are rules and while bans are an absolute last resort they will be used if need be for continuous personal abuse and insults. Let's not let it get to that point huh? We are all Gooners. Peace.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:12 am
Ok lads enough with the personal abuse please. There are rules and while bans are an absolute last resort they will be used if need be for continuous personal abuse and insults. Let's not let it get to that point huh? We are all Gooners. Peace.
Fuc.king liberal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:12 am
Fuc.king liberal
Stop grooming me! :banghead:

:lol: