RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
nut flush gooner

Re: RIP Thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

RIP Bob Willis. An England great and I will never forget his 8-43 in that famous test match at Headingly during the 1981 Ashes Series.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

RIP TV medium and physic Derek Acorah. At least he knew it was coming and he’ll be able to stay in touch through Yvette Fielding! I bet she can’t wait.

(By the way, I accidentally clicked on page one of this thread and the first post is RIP Jimmy Saville! Oops)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:02 am
RIP TV medium and physic Derek Acorah. At least he knew it was coming and he’ll be able to stay in touch through Yvette Fielding! I bet she can’t wait.

(By the way, I accidentally clicked on page one of this thread and the first post is RIP Jimmy Saville, loved that man :cry: )
Fixed that for you goonertux :wink:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:49 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:02 am

(By the way, I accidentally clicked on page one of this thread and the first post is RIP Jimmy Saville, loved that man :cry: )
Fixed that for you goonertux :wink:
Thanks! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It really is with genuine sadness that I post this here. :cry:

Neil Peart Drummer with "Rush" for 45 years has passed away he was 65yrs of age and one of the most amazing drummers in the history of Rock/Prog Rock. He was also the Lyricist in the band, and his lyrics were never trite or of the usual ill/drunken/drug conceived 'rock n roll type thing...I would go so far as to say he was a Wordsmith and a poet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51072190

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/11/79555533 ... 8820691976

I know 'we all gotta go sometime', but that doesn't make this any less sad for me and I'm sure many fans of Rush.

R.I.P Neil. Now you can be with your daughter Selena and your wife Jackie both of whom died within a year of one another.

And so much excellent music/drumming/lyrics in-between.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ghost Rider - Live! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Fuckin LOVE this song! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su3zwzmUrxo

And a decent interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_mKr28G7og

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

RIP Yogi’s Warrior. An Arsenal man

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

RIP: Kobe Bryant one of the greatest basketball players ever and an inspiration to many. :cry:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Brian’s mum aka Terry Jones from the pythons

Watched it again last Thursday as my homage

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 pm
Brian’s mum aka Terry Jones from the pythons

Watched it again last Thursday as my homage
You are a very naughty boy!

Too soon? :shock:

Fuck em. :D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

20 years to the day since Ian Dury left ,been playing all his songs this am ,the neighbours will be going bonkers ,I saw him on feb 6th Chirsty Mcoll opened for him and was dead herself by xmas !

Hit Me !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The death took place in recent days in Dublin of Bill Darby..Bill was the Arsenal scout in Ireland for many years and is credited with unearthing the talent that became legends at Highbury..Acting FAI CEO Niall Quinn paid a lovely tribute to him .
Met Bill back in the 80s or early 90s when he was a guest speaker at a Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club meeting . Lovely gesture by his family to have the Arsenal Crest on his death notice.. RIP

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am
The death took place in recent days in Dublin of Bill Darby..Bill was the Arsenal scout in Ireland for many years and is credited with unearthing the talent that became legends at Highbury..Acting FAI CEO Niall Quinn paid a lovely tribute to him .
Met Bill back in the 80s or early 90s when he was a guest speaker at a Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club meeting . Lovely gesture by his family to have the Arsenal Crest on his death notice.. RIP
Sorry to see an Arsenal man pass away - have the club paid tribute ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:50 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am
Sorry to see an Arsenal man pass away - have the club paid tribute ?
Didn't see anything on the Club website

NickF

Post by NickF »