CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:34 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:10 am
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:30 am
Sure there is a lot of anger out there but is it really about Cummings nipping off to Durham ?
Is it about Brexit and removing Johnson ? or
Is it just plainly about getting rid of the Tories ?

As the protests in London outside the American Embassy proved yesterday it's easy to whip up a storm when people are frustrated or politically motivated . This is just another example of bandwagon jumping to reach their political aims egged on by a media that doesn't like criticism which is full of bias with it's own axe to grind.

It's entirely political despite what any claim on here. There are swathes of people out there who haven't accepted Brexit and the hysterical witch hunt over Cummings only goes to prove that. Remainers and the left have given it the faux moral outrage number and gone for him.......and missed. The fact that the Guardian and that shit rag the Mirror led the story might just tend to suggest it's political.

The left are more concerned by DC than Boris so threw the kitchen sink at him when the chance arose. The fact that Keir Starmer didn't pile in was noticeable but then Kinnock had already been caught and KS probably suspected there might be others. He was right but of course that doesn't suit the narrative so they all turn a blind eye to them as elected officials while they go after the anti-christ.
You're still banging the political allegiances drum when the likes of Nigel Farage has been openly criticising Cummings. Large swathes of Tory heartlands want him out. There are people who are peeved at him over Brexit, but not everyone.

The protests outside the US Embassy were ridiculous, more from the risk of spreading COVID19 than any political purpose. The Americans have a choice this November, including the black community to kick out Trump. A lot of them voted for him last time. In saying that the US is so fucked up even an Obama administration couldn't stop police brutality towards black people.

Ffs are you for real :roll: Cummings and Farage are not mates. Cummings made sure that Farage was excluded by the tories when it came to Brexit. Let him do all the legwork and then squeezed him out. Large swathes of the Tory heartlands are quite happy with Dom in place - once again you resort to your old favourite of just making shit up on the hoof. You really are priceless.

Cards on the table time nutty - who did you vote for in the last election and are you a remainer or a leaver. I'll make it easy for you.....I'm a tory leaver, you might have worked that out. I only ask because you seem to come across as the sort of person who is still confused by the fact that large swathes of the country don't actually agree with what you think.
Whether they are mates or not is irrelevant, Farage is further right than a lot of Tories. You keep bleating on about how the left has jumped on Cummings, you are wrong. The disgust is across the board, and I say this as someone who is firmly planted right centre but can't bring myself to back bungling Boris.

I voted Conservative every election since 1993, I abstained in 2019 (couldn't vote for Corbyn or my local Labour MP) and I am a remainer. The only time I voted Labour was in 1988 (being an ignorant student). There are a lot of people who sit right of centre that cannot stand Cummings.

Your problem is you pigeon hole people based on their political allegiances.

augie

Post by augie »

From Twitter

Joey Barton

@Joey7Barton

America. Britain.

This is what happens when you vote into power, people who are *word censored*.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/ ... 28704?s=20

Scumbag for sure, but I still make Joey correct on this

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Whether they are mates or not is irrelevant, Farage is further right than a lot of Tories. You keep bleating on about how the left has jumped on Cummings, you are wrong. The disgust is across the board, and I say this as someone who is firmly planted right centre but can't bring myself to back bungling Boris.

I voted Conservative every election since 1993, I abstained in 2019 (couldn't vote for Corbyn or my local Labour MP) and I am a remainer. The only time I voted Labour was in 1988 (being an ignorant student). There are a lot of people who sit right of centre that cannot stand Cummings.

Of course whether they are mates or not is relevant. Farage probably couldn't give two fu.cks about what Cummings did but he does bear a grudge about what he saw as a snub over Brexit. Sky did a special on Farage in which he said as much about DC. You claim a lot of centre right dislike DC, ok, so where does that actually stem from then? Seems to me that the only thing he was guilty of before Durhamgate was Brexit!

How naive of you to say that the left haven't jumped all over DC. Christ it was a Guardian / Mirror tag team that broke the allegation - Polly Toynbee and Kevin Maguire ffs. Alistair Campbell on the telly totally losing his shit and Maitlis too on the beeb.....balanced my arse. There is a lot of faux outrage too - MPs covering their backsides by making the right noises. If anything, the usual over the top hysterical reaction from the left only served to detract from the seriousness of the alleged breach.

Ironically many of the people who were banging on about DC are now happily stood shoulder to shoulder in London in flagrant breach of social distancing to protest against the shit that went on in the US. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:yawn:

:goingtobed:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:55 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Of course whether they are mates or not is relevant. Farage probably couldn't give two fu.cks about what Cummings did but he does bear a grudge about what he saw as a snub over Brexit. Sky did a special on Farage in which he said as much about DC. You claim a lot of centre right dislike DC, ok, so where does that actually stem from then? Seems to me that the only thing he was guilty of before Durhamgate was Brexit!

How naive of you to say that the left haven't jumped all over DC. Christ it was a Guardian / Mirror tag team that broke the allegation - Polly Toynbee and Kevin Maguire ffs. Alistair Campbell on the telly totally losing his shit and Maitlis too on the beeb.....balanced my arse. There is a lot of faux outrage too - MPs covering their backsides by making the right noises. If anything, the usual over the top hysterical reaction from the left only served to detract from the seriousness of the alleged breach.

Ironically many of the people who were banging on about DC are now happily stood shoulder to shoulder in London in flagrant breach of social distancing to protest against the shit that went on in the US. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/su ... 26/3fb8f/2

Just put it to bed. Nothing better than a survey to clarify the obvious.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Worst

Thread

Ever

:cry:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 pm
Worst

Thread

Ever

Only if you don’t care what’s going on?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:24 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Worst

Thread

Ever

Of course I care but arguing about here isn't going to change anything

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Worst

Thread

Ever

Cared for the first 100 posts about it - beyond caring now :wink: :lol:

nut flush gooner

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 am
goonertux wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Worst

Thread

Ever

Of course I care but arguing about here isn't going to change anything
I think everyone accepts that arguing won't save any lives, but it doesn't mean we just sit here and accept the status quo does it? Especially when the government has failed on several counts over the last few months.

Even things like the role Vitamin D plays in the severity of respiratory illnesses hasn't been brought up by the government when it's known that a large proportion of the BAME community are highly deficient in this Vitamin. Yet they publish a wishy-washy report yesterday that doesn't really say anything.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Worst

Thread

Ever

Blame the idiot who started it then.........

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:44 pm

[/quote]

You haven't put anything to bed, you've just avoided a perfectly reasonable question.

I asked you what you problem with DC was......if it's not Brexit....then what on earth is it.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:27 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

You haven't put anything to bed, you've just avoided a perfectly reasonable question.

I asked you what you problem with DC was......if it's not Brexit....then what on earth is it.
[/quote]

Are you aware of his quotes regarding the NHS and the elderly? Suggest you look them up and add them to the fact that the rule maker broke the rules. Anyone who defends him just isn’t seeing the bigger picture.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

[/quote]

No all along you've been saying it was a political witchhunt against DC, from the left and from Remainers. There's nothing more to say.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

No all along you've been saying it was a political witchhunt against DC, from the left and from Remainers. There's nothing more to say.
[/quote]

Ha ha, another classic nutty boy swerve when you don't like the direction of travel.

It is a perfectly reasonable question and failure to provide a reasonable answer leads me to conclude you've simply still got the hump about Brexit.